• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

How is 3 sp points a trap???
Bulls can get out with breakeven or at worse a small loss...

WHo said SP besides u?

Look not everyone trades around the clock duh, :huh: the trap for IBM stock holders that don't like BIG MUTUAL FUNDS will get HIT tomorrow !
:bowtie:
Posted Image
Looking for a nice drop for IBM IF you don't trade IBM what do you care ?Posted Image

I trade currency so I have no position in IBM...

But my point is most people here are very liquid so they can get out...

And if they are NOT trading they could prolly care less as the yield is decent and the long term growth stroy is still in place...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#12 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Shorted ES at 1068. Nervously waited for IBM earnings. Covered at 1063 for burgers and a beer and a little to save on the side. :lol:

what a Harry move so to speak, well done. ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#13 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

And if they are NOT trading they could prolly care less as the yield is decent and the long term growth stroy is still in place...

i guess most people here haven't shared as much information with me so i wouldn't know what their reaction was or will be.

you are the only one that really had a reaction, i don't trade it either but it's not going to be a good thing for the markets at this point.

Edited by Mr Dev, 19 July 2010 - 03:48 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#14 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

We were short term mildly oversold going into the day VST, now we are back to neutral... Tomorrow should be interesting..... Barry

#15 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

check it out bulls :bowtie:

corralled them rather, T-bones Tomorrow.....maybe even Tonight....

GS.

#16 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

How is 3 sp points a trap???
Bulls can get out with breakeven or at worse a small loss...

WHo said SP besides u?

Look not everyone trades around the clock duh, :huh: the trap for IBM stock holders that don't like BIG MUTUAL FUNDS will get HIT tomorrow !
:bowtie:
Posted Image
Looking for a nice drop for IBM IF you don't trade IBM what do you care ?Posted Image

If your an investor it is not lousy here but it should get smacked down tomorrow to at least 1027 area. You make 3% in a day much better than waiting a year and a quarter for the same in dividends :lol: Just having some fun Mik.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#17 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

IBM should shrink to 120-122 so looking for DOW 10k soon enough ... :bowtie: also having some fun. ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 19 July 2010 - 04:03 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#18 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

IBM should shrink to 120-122 so looking for DOW 10k soon enough ... :bowtie: also having some fun. ;)

Geez I had not looked at after hours on IBM -4% already. Yeah buy and hold. :lol:

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#19 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

Dev a dip just below 9900 would not surprise me in the vst.

#20 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

I guess I'll jump into this even though gaps are not my forte. If fact, I hate 'em! The NYMO turned up today and I renewed my long on the close. Needless to day, getting a bit nipped by the news (and we all know what what to do with news). Despite the carnage of the last four days, the market could not even turn the NYSI negative. Maybe IBM will get the dirty deed done tomorrow but if it doesn't... Can you spell S-E-L-L-I-N-G C-L-I-M-A-X? If the second tick off the open tomorrow is an uptick, tonight's bull trap could easily become tomorrow's bear fry. If not, well, to rephrase Scarlett O'Hara, the day after tomorrow will be another day. :o

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."