Hurst cycles update

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 hitoya

hitoya

• Traders-Talk User
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

With both you gents, and fine company it is. Thanks for the update Doc.

I am getting worried, too much agreement here from the best of the best....... even Punter agrees with you guys...

There is some cognitive disonance in my head with the 1142 - 1150 target as I can see why that is.

At the same time, I am confident both gold, the $XAU and most importantly the dollar will make a move up within the next couple of days if not Tomorrow. (probably corrective on $XAU and GOLD)

If that happens , OIL will go down and the way OIL goes , so goes the SPX with a little delay....

I can't square that in my head, something is not right!!

GS.

Yesterday:

OEX put/call > 1
Equity put/call < 0.6

Go figure....

#12 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

Sorry guys your my buds but I disagree. If cash follows futures today and takes out yesterday's low as I think they will we saw the highs and after a brief rally back to yesterday's high area bye bye 1000 likely.

This mornings low so far? A perfect 50 retrace of the last move up. If that holds.....

#13 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Sorry guys your my buds but I disagree. If cash follows futures today and takes out yesterday's low as I think they will we saw the highs and after a brief rally back to yesterday's high area bye bye 1000 likely.

This mornings low so far? A perfect 50 retrace of the last move up. If that holds.....

Spook if it holds we head back to 1070 then... Then the real fun begins :lol:

Edited by zoropb, 20 July 2010 - 08:31 AM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#14 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

I guess those open 10 numbers I was worried about mattered. Also the bearish environment in the weekly charts I follow. Well this morning the SPX cash has taken out yest lows and the 6-7 day low now. Best anyone can say is that this is a late 2.5wk low and that is still bearish given the environment. We could bounce up hard from here, but confidence is starting to go down for the days after. Doc

#15 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

FCX taking off here.

#16 StenoDude

StenoDude

• Traders-Talk User
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

It won't. My system says we'll see new lows...
Time and Price baby!!

All of my predictions are based upon the Dow Jones Industrials and all times are given in Eastern Time.

#17 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

FCX taking off here.

Yep.

Seems the IT bullish take of D et al has the edge.

But, a break of today's low and zoropb probably has it right.

That's my take. D and I are usually trading on the same side.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#18 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Internals looking good Tuesday...a lot like July 1

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NAADV&p=60&yr=0&mn=1&dy=0&i=p33434737182&a=194021722&r=203.png

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#19 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

I been saying it for a couple of weeks things do not feel right Don. I would lighten up if I was long into afternoon high. Big Bad No good is out there I feel it bud. I would not post this lightly since I know it sounds silly but last time I felt like this was Friday before the you know what and it did not feel as bad. Should likely turn up now.. Watch out after 1pm

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#20 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

I been saying it for a couple of weeks things do not feel right Don. I would lighten up if I was long into afternoon high.

Big Bad No good is out there I feel it bud. I would not post this lightly since I know it sounds silly but last time I felt like this was Friday before the you know what and it did not feel as bad.

Should likely turn up now.. Watch out after 1pm

Thanks Z. While my work says we are bottoming right in here, I've learned over the years not to fade you. :o So I'm proceeding more cautiously than I otherwise would. Very best, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds