VIX Golf balls and Lagarangian points

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

Lagrangian Point, Depression and VIX Golf balls.
Physics and Engineering in Stock Market TA

In this Sunday's update, Terry Laundry, former Marine & radar engineer, discusses the market's current resting place near 1100 and compares it to a Lagrangian Point, named after the Italian-French mathematician who pointed it out, Joseph Louis Lagrange (1736-1813).
http://en.wikipedia....agrangian_point

He thinks that since the market could not crash on Friday's bad news, that the market can hold this area, but any rally will be a bear market rally with a maximum top around the 1157 (and falling) envelope top..
T THEORY Update August 1st:
Audio Commentary:
Chart: http://ttheory.typep...20100730pdf.pdf

Commentary on Inflation vs Deflation: (He thinks here's a lot of "CROOKERY" going on in here based on recent effort in the news to talk down bonds and talk up stocks and the economy by paid market shills and Charlatans.)

And while the engineers have the spotlight, check out the McClellan Learning Center.
It offers some interesting articles, including one from last week on the VIX and it's relationship to dimpled golf balls and air flow, smooth and layered or rough and volatile.
http://www.mcoscilla...ting_facsimile/

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

wikipedia says Italian-French. He was French for 1/8 as the father of his grand father was French. He was born in Turin as Giuseppe Lodovico Lagrangia. Obviously the surname is of French origin as the father of his grandfather was. Given that grand-grand parents are exactly 8 and just one was French, it seems to me he should be called Northern italian from Turin. He was a giant, like Newton was for phisics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange

Edited by andr99, 01 August 2010 - 11:33 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#3 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

I don't follow Terry. How have his calls been past few?

It seems to me that engineering/math types
are attracted to technical analysis. I think
they like the lines and the waves and the
cycles and the ratios. They think they are
herding cattle, but they are herding cats.

Edited by selecto, 01 August 2010 - 11:42 AM.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

"With the Magic T there was order in the universe a high and low tide every…The Magic T and I became as one.
- Marty Schwartz, legendary trader and author of the “Pit Bull""

It seems that Marty liked his work.
However Terry is not a day trader but manages money based on longer term stuff.
If you are trading a 30 minute chart...forgedaboudit.

I don't follow Terry. How have his calls been past few?
It seems to me that engineering/math types
are attracted to technical analysis.[/url]

PS: Ask me after August 26th.
That's his big date with infamy.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2010 - 11:54 AM.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

"wikipedia says Italian-French. He was French for 1/8 as the father of his grand father was French."

Hey, Everybody wants a claim on somebody famous.
I'm Cherokee Indian ever since "our" OU N-D-N quarterback won the Heisman and got a record contract to play for St. Louis.
Sam Bradford.
The No. 1 overall pick signed his six-year, $78 million contract with $50 million in guarantees, most ever in the NFL, on Saturday afternoon.
Move over Wa-Tho-Huk! (Jim Thorpe)
Osiyo St. Louis!

Some Cherokee Words Greetings and Courtesies:

* Hello O si yo
* How are you? To hi tsu?
* Fine O s the
* And you? Ni hi na
* Okay Ho wa
* Thank you Wa do
* Yes vv ii
* No Thla
* I don't know Thla ya gwan ta

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2010 - 12:11 PM.

#6 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

"If you are trading a 30 minute chart...forgedaboudit." Well, its kinda, sorta nice to have a handle on the daily. :)

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

what is laughable is that Lagrangia-Lagrange was born in Turin which in italian is Torino and means ''bull'' of small height. The name is after the people named Taurinii, a Gaulish tribe living in North Western italy well re-knowned for their.......... bulls. So the bull's end is confirmed by using the theory of one born in ''little bull'' town BTW Terry ''T'' Laundry has missed the top which was on april 26. His top will be a secondary one

Edited by andr99, 01 August 2010 - 12:15 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

"So the bull's end is confirmed by using the theory of one born in ''little bull''
:lol: :clap:

"BTW Terry T has missed the top which was on april 26. His top will be a secondary one"
Yes I think he had a mid May top.
However he has been overall bearish for some time based on the lack of a "cash build-up" phase, which his theory relies on to project future rallies.
That's the big reason he sees a big down after August 26th, if not sooner.

"This site is sponsored by my investment company ASIC which has applied T Theory™ to managed accounts since 1978. First time visitors should go to American Shareholders OnLine and read my personal background, our management results using T Theory, and pay particular attention to our proprietary " Best Bond Strategy™ " which we believe is the best path for those of us who are conservative investors. Otherwise we make no recommendations as we are generally negative on the long term trend for equities but have a bullish forecast for gold as a haven."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#9 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

"If you are trading a 30 minute chart...forgedaboudit."

Well, its kinda, sorta nice to have a handle on the daily. :)

Marty Schwartz, arguably the greatest scalper, says the following of Laundry in Pit Bull:

MartySchwartz1.PNG

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

In the very shortest of time frames cash buildups are as useful as fundamentals. Basically meaningless. In the longer term they determine the direction overall. I find technicals and sentiment extremes most useful in the shorter term. That's where Terry uses envelope theory to try to determine likely price targets. T Theory does not address price, just time.