VIX Golf balls and Lagarangian points

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

"So the bull's end is confirmed by using the theory of one born in ''little bull''
:lol: :clap:

"BTW Terry T has missed the top which was on april 26. His top will be a secondary one"
Yes I think he had a mid May top.
However he has been overall bearish for some time based on the lack of a "cash build-up" phase, which his theory relies on to project future rallies.
That's the big reason he sees a big down after August 26th, if not sooner.

"This site is sponsored by my investment company ASIC which has applied T Theory™ to managed accounts since 1978. First time visitors should go to American Shareholders OnLine and read my personal background, our management results using T Theory, and pay particular attention to our proprietary " Best Bond Strategy™ " which we believe is the best path for those of us who are conservative investors. Otherwise we make no recommendations as we are generally negative on the long term trend for equities but have a bullish forecast for gold as a haven."

the ''little bull'' anedoct, was just anedoctal so laugh or do whatever you like, I like sometimes posting anedocts that aren' t strictly involved with TA. This forum is a bit boring. Terry ''T'' anyway has always spoken, starting from more than one year ago, about an august 26 high. 26 was right, but it was april

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#12 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

Actually by following T Theory and applying the larger concepts to intra day trading I've done quite well. While Terry does not make "30 min" forecasts, knowing where we are in terms of the big Ts, the channels and the oscillators, and adding that to my use of moving averages and breadth, works pretty good. F'rinstance, as you know I've been bullish all July since summation began turning back up again and got more bullish as the EMAs closed in and crossed. Knowing that we were at the "Lagrange" point, too, allowed me to plunge in and buy the dips on Thursday and Friday, relatively safe in the knowledge that the market would fight its way back to "neutral". That's not the only way T Theory has been helpful but its a good recent example. I believe what Terry is saying today is that given the 3 safe places, High, Low and Neutral, you can gauge with a higher probability the outcome. He is also saying that since we are at the end of the financial road, so to speak and in a bearish T in a new, evolving bear market, in a bear market rally, we will likely hit the upper band around 1157 (and falling) but it may not be an exuberant blast up there. The fly in the ointment, if I understand him today, is whether the Fed snaps into action with its Magic Checkbook.. at least that's my understanding. And for all those who wonder if he's "accurate" the answer is YES. As long as you understand what he's saying. That, in itself, is a bit of an art :) mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

"As long as you understand what he's saying. That, in itself, is a bit of an art" Ed Zachary! :lol: (Search Ed Zachary Disease joke)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#14 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

:) Ed Zachary! That was a present supplies! mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#15 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hey, Everybody wants a claim on somebody famous.

7/8 are more than just a claim................by the way probably you don' t know it, but also Napoleon wasn' t French. He was born in Corsica a year before the Isle was given to France by the Republic of Genoa.
Below there's a link with his ancestors, starting from his father and his mother. I don' t see French surnames, starting from his own that in origin was Buonaparte and then became Bonaperte to be more adherent to French. Buonaparte or Bonaparte literally means ''Goodside'' in italian

http://it.wikipedia....arte#Ascendenza

Edited by andr99, 01 August 2010 - 03:22 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

I don't follow Terry. How have his calls been past few?

It seems to me that engineering/math types
are attracted to technical analysis. I think
they like the lines and the waves and the
cycles and the ratios. They think they are
herding cattle, but they are herding cats.

It's kind of like running this place!

:lol:

LOVE that video.

BTW, you're quite right on that. Some figure it out (like Carl Swenlin, Sedge Coppock, and Ben Garside), and some don't (their names fade as they don't really last that long).

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

And I suppose now you are going to tell me that St. Patrick isn't Irish? O wait.... :o :D

#18 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

"Ed Zachary! That was a present supplies! " Speaking of supplies: An Italian, a Scotsman, and a Chinese fellow were hired at a construction site. The foreman pointed out a huge pile of sand and told the Italian guy, "You're in charge of sweeping." To the Scotsman he said, "You're in charge of shoveling." And to the Chinese guy, "You're in charge of supplies." He then said, "Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you guys to make a dent in that there pile." The foreman went away for a of couple hours, and, when he returned, the pile of sand was untouched. He asked the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?" The Italian replied, "I no hava no broom. You said to the Chinese fella that he a wasa in a charge of supplies, but he hasa disappeared and I no coulda finda him nowhere." Then the foreman turned to the Scotsman and said, "And you, I thought I told you to shovel this pile." The Scotsman replied, "Aye, ye did lad, boot ah couldnay get meself a shoovel! Ye left th' Chinese gadgie in chairge of supplies, boot ah couldnay fin' him either." The foreman was really angry by now and stormed off toward the pile of sand to look for the Chinese guy. Just then, the Chinese guy jumped out from behind the pile of sand and yelled... "SUPPLIES!!"

#19 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

In the very shortest of time frames cash buildups are as useful as fundamentals.
Basically meaningless.
In the longer term they determine the direction overall.
I find technicals and sentiment extremes most useful in the shorter term.
That's where Terry uses envelope theory to try to determine likely price targets.
T Theory does not address price, just time.

RD, do you know what the parameters are that Terry uses for his envelope and if it is an MA or EMA envelope?
Doc

#20 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

Hey Doc. I think it's proprietary. He touches on it briefly in today's audio discussion. Maybe others can offer more insight.