the board is back

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

above 1229 gold showing its intentions 1245 next. some consolidation would be a good thing. gold is overbought and the miners were showing good relative strength until today. its all a process. dharma

#22 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

i am still looking for highs in october. some consolidation, to cause some confusion, would give the market some pause to renew dharma

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

here we are consolidating and here i am talking to myself above 1213 and we are waiting to break into the next price cycle, not testing 1213 is now a sign of strength as we are not going back into the previous cycle coming up on the indian buying season. make no mistake america is young, there havent been that many financial upheavals. while in the far east, their civilizations are ancient and have been through many inflations/deflations. take their buying seasons seriously- they do. as things get more distorted and the govts hand is the cause, gold will be a winner. as this becomes more apparent more investors will come to the sector what we saw @much lower #s folks still are not seeing. its all a process. ebb and flow. and as it progress' it will become a one way parabolic. stay tuned dharma

#24 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

here we are consolidating
and here i am talking to myself
above 1213 and we are waiting to break into the next price cycle, not testing 1213 is now a sign of strength as we are not going back into the previous
cycle
coming up on the indian buying season. make no mistake america is young, there havent been that many financial upheavals. while in the far east, their civilizations are ancient and have been through many inflations/deflations. take their buying seasons seriously- they do.
as things get more distorted and the govts hand is the cause, gold will be a winner. as this becomes more apparent more investors will come to the sector
what we saw @much lower #s folks still are not seeing. its all a process. ebb and flow.
and as it progress' it will become a one way parabolic. stay tuned
dharma

Dharma, I can see gold being very strong for September but what about the gold stocks? If we get a deep market correction in the main markets I just don't think the gold stocks will be able to go up.

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

above 1213 and we are waiting to break into the next price cycle, not testing 1213 is now a sign of strength as we are not going back into the previous
cycle
coming up on the indian buying season. make no mistake america is young, there havent been that many financial upheavals. while in the far east, their civilizations are ancient and have been through many inflations/deflations. take their buying seasons seriously- they do.
as things get more distorted and the govts hand is the cause, gold will be a winner. as this becomes more apparent more investors will come to the sector
what we saw @much lower #s folks still are not seeing. its all a process. ebb and flow.
dharma

Dharma, I can see gold being very strong for September but what about the gold stocks? If we get a deep market correction in the main markets I just don't think the gold stocks will be able to go up.

that is the fear isnt it.
its what keeps folks away from the miners
since the crash of 08 that has been the story, and broads have climbed beyond what most thought
i dont know who wins the inflation/deflation debate, but food for thought: in weimar, stocks, which represent real assets, @1st went up big!!!
lets see if the hand of the inflationary fed can work its magic and to their thinking buy some time!
watch the market forget the idle chatter, its a means the bankster use to corral folks
cbs hold gold. all their talk is the opposite of that . do what they do, forget about the talk
dharma

Edited by dharma, 20 August 2010 - 10:34 AM.

#26 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

cycle
dharma

rooster:

Chart of SPX vs GDX vs GLD from market top @ 1,220.

Relative Performance from Top

stubaby

#27 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

cycle
dharma

rooster:

Chart of SPX vs GDX vs GLD from market top @ 1,220.

Relative Performance from Top

stubaby

Thanks Dharma and stubaby, I most definitely have that wall of worry. I have been picking up a few stocks when they have a sell off. I do expect gold stocks to out perform the main market, just when will that really get going. I'm thinking it will soon.

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

well as long as 1160 holds on this pullback, we are in bull mode. 1229 is the # for me, above that and the market intends an assault on the highs i have some cash that i will deploy should we get oversold w/hourly divergences until then its wait. i am heavily positioned and waiting to ring the cash register this is after all the strong season for gold dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 August 2010 - 10:08 AM.

#29 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

i am looking for new highs in october. this time cycle has time lots of time left
sept will be the fireworks
a pullback would not surprise me 1229 breaks into the next price cycle. 1245 is now resistance.
i have been wondering if there really is any gold in fort knox
i guess ron paul is wondering the same thing he is calling for an audit
http://www.kitco.com...20100824DC.html
time is on our side as we enter into the bullish phase of this cycle
take a look @silver, xau, hui charts go back to the 08 highs. these markets are primed for some explosive breakout action
dharma

#30 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

in the short term, right here, right now, i am cautious hui/xau hourly divergences from overbought. gold over bought. silver overbought w/hourly divergences. not doing anything. 1245 is not even approachable- so far. these #s will all fall, but not yet. pull backs in here are a gift. historically sovereigns have never paid off their debts. this time will be no different. dharma