tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:00 AM

ok i start feeling like i am talking to myself
notice copper has taken out its summer highs
this broad market rally could have legs
the bears fumbled yesterday
notice how gold is not giving much ground , yes it is overbought and diverging on a daily
we have entered into a favorable seasonal time
i dont know when, but soon this will get some after burners
maybe after labor day.
guessing
dharma

Hi Dharma,
You're like E F Hutton..when you speak..even if you're talking to yourself..we're listening.. :D I noticed the same on gold and silver..there's an underlying bid...and you're right about the seasonal factor...regarding equities..I have point and figure buy on the dow and rut..not to mention weekly momentum indicators on point and figure...but I have also seen this flip back and forth so much. I am always leary of signals during Mercury Retrograde which ends Sept 12th as you know too. I think once we are through next week with equities then the market direction will be more clearer...we either break 1040 or 1080 and see from there. We're right at 1080 and jobs report tomorrow. If we consolidate today, it could be bullish. However, Merriman pointed out that on Sept 4th....

The next series of important geocosmic signatures starts up on September 4. An abundance of signatures will then unfold lasting through Venus retrograde on October 8. Prepare yourself for another roller coaster ride during that 5-week period, for in addition to ending with the powerful Venus retrograde, we will also encounter the second of three Jupiter-Uranus conjunction passages on September 18. These are two of the highest historical correspondences of all geocosmic signatures to primary or greater cycles in equities, as reported in the studies of “The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing, Volume 3: Geocosmic Correlations to Trading Cycles.”

Thanks for talking to yourself. It's only concerning if you answer yourself..keep that in mind... :rolleyes:

TM

#43 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

September's have been good months in Goldland...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

round #s and 1/2s are natural support/resistance #s on a daily we are @extremes above moving averages(i use 6 on a daily chart) notice that we consolidate , not correct the gains. a bullish sign, underlying strength to the market guys who short bull markets are inexperienced. we all make lousy entries @times, but the trend can bail us out. when you go against the trend , then what? jesse said he made the most money by just sitting. sounds easy. but , for some reason we want to be active, and murphys law comes into play. as jiguitarslim's post above shows sept is friendly to the market. east indians have been buying this time of year, like forever. the dollar could have finished its up move. watching for clues. in spite of all the theories out there, it is still fiat. false lies and promises steeped in debt. all the biggest states are in debt and having problems. when one sees sovereign debt, and not just one sovereign but almost all the sovereigns in the west, it is a sign for golds rise. fiats have never ever prevailed. it will be no different this time. dont let the wiggles on the chart snake you out. few here will ride the parabolic. the volatilityboth ways is not for the faint of heart . get a daily chart of commodities and gold from sept 79 to the peak. and yet in that short time the price doubled. i try to alert you to these things. but , most are bent on trading and trying to avoid pain. i can tell you unequivocally, that missing a bull move , if you are to survive in this biz, will cause deep reflection. planning for it , stalking it and then missing it, causes grief. i had friends who got snaked out last time. it wasnt easy on them. leaving a double on the table dont get greedy . hogs get fat , pigs get slaughtered watch your emotions. stage 3 will enter soon enough dharma

#45 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

thanks for the sage advice as always i think leverage is another factor that makes people do foolish things that and the desire to make "smart calls"

#46 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

thanks for the sage advice as always
i think leverage is another factor that makes people do foolish things
that and the desire to make "smart calls"

there are no sages, the market humbles us all sooner or later
dharma

#47 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

round #s and 1/2s are natural support/resistance #s
on a daily we are @extremes above moving averages(i use 6 on a daily chart)
notice that we consolidate , not correct the gains. a bullish sign, underlying strength to the market
guys who short bull markets are inexperienced. we all make lousy entries @times, but the trend can bail us out. when you go against the trend , then what?
jesse said he made the most money by just sitting. sounds easy. but , for some reason we want to be active, and murphys law comes into play. as jiguitarslim's post above shows sept is friendly to the market. east indians have been buying this time of year, like forever.
the dollar could have finished its up move. watching for clues. in spite of all the theories out there, it is still fiat. false lies and promises steeped in debt.
all the biggest states are in debt and having problems. when one sees sovereign debt, and not just one sovereign but almost all the sovereigns in the west, it is a sign for golds rise. fiats have never ever prevailed. it will be no different this time. dont let the wiggles on the chart snake you out. few here will ride the parabolic. the volatilityboth ways is not for the faint of heart . get a daily chart of commodities and gold from sept 79 to the peak. and yet in that short time the price doubled. i try to alert you to these things. but , most are bent on trading and trying to avoid pain. i can tell you unequivocally, that missing a bull move , if you are to survive in this biz, will cause deep reflection. planning for it , stalking it and then missing it, causes grief. i had friends who got snaked out last time. it wasnt easy on them. leaving a double on the table
dont get greedy . hogs get fat , pigs get slaughtered
watch your emotions.
stage 3 will enter soon enough
dharma

dharma:

One of my favorite reads on the macro and 'big=picture'- Jim Willie:

Jim Willie

stubaby

#48 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

taking note here that gdxj is very close to breaking out the other indexes have built big multiyear bases, take out the highs (as wxman pointed out some time back) and you will have a significant move in the miners dharma

#49 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

ok i start feeling like i am talking to myself
notice copper has taken out its summer highs
this broad market rally could have legs
the bears fumbled yesterday
notice how gold is not giving much ground , yes it is overbought and diverging on a daily
we have entered into a favorable seasonal time
i dont know when, but soon this will get some after burners
maybe after labor day.
guessing
dharma

are you not concerned about the low volume advance in GLD last whole month compared against resistance levels of heavy volume?

GLD in a rising wedge the last 2 weeks and right at resistance...

not sure if GDX has topped here at resistance.

next move will be huge either up or down
i cannot figure out whether to go long here or not... seems like a 50/50 coin toss

but the weekly chart does seem to be saying next week much higher

#50 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

in this sector, its always better to buy weakness i have put my money where my mouth is, i am 100% long. and no, @this point in the cycle i am not concerned on the market rising on lighter volume i am not trying to catch every wiggle, i am trying to ride the bull, corrections are part of up moves 1250 , as was 1200 is natural resistance. as long as 1213 holds i will remain long. 1229 keeps us in this new price cycle. @this point i am content being fully invested i want to ride the trend, i am not a trader gdxj is up today, in spite of the gold action this may last a couple of days, but my miners are holding up well dharma