the trend is your friend

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#11 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

there is still lots of time left for this upmove. senor, yes, i am concerned also when the most speculative index gdxj is leading the way. we are in a run here and it has almost another month to run. today is the new moon so its why i said we could see a pullback over the next couple of days. i have been @this for 31 years, and traded w/other traders. and very few, and this is among professionals, can trade counter trend successfully. i am going to stick to the market. i have over 30 stocks to tend to, it takes up much of my time. i will keep posting. few traded the last gold bull, so few have seen what happens when gold/silver express' itself. it will happen in phase 3. this wave will end in a mini blowoff. its why i think there will be a larger correction afterwards. taking profits is up to the individual. for me when runs come its time to buckle up as long as there is time left. dharma

Edited by dharma, 08 September 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

thread after thread of the market topping on this board. i dont like crowds anyway 1261 resistance for gold 20. for silver dharma

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

seems like everyone wants instant gratification. markets move to their own rhythms, no matter if we like it or not mercury goes direct on sunday on the 14th mars goes into scorpio(whoops speaking a different language) w/the commander in chief in his own sign, i look for upward movement in the metals. there is a positive correlation there there is still time left for this upmove. i am starting to scale out of things that have given me good profits. i dont recommend buying @this late stage of the advance, but if you feel you have to, buy 1/2 of what you would normally. try to control your exposure. this will top and you dont want to have your biggest positions when it does. later on , if you have the chimichungas, to buy into the parabolic its another story. but, then again volatility will be off the charts. anyway, i dont have #s in mind right here. consolidations like this are healthy, and notice we are not giving much ground, but we are working off overbought conditions still on margin dharma dont mistake genius for a bull market

#14 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

seems like everyone wants instant gratification. markets move to their own rhythms, no matter if we like it or not
mercury goes direct on sunday
on the 14th mars goes into scorpio(whoops speaking a different language) w/the commander in chief in his own sign, i look for upward movement in the metals. there is a positive correlation there
there is still time left for this upmove. i am starting to scale out of things that have given me good profits. i dont recommend buying @this late stage of the advance, but if you feel you have to, buy 1/2 of what you would normally. try to control your exposure. this will top and you dont want to have your biggest positions when it does. later on , if you have the chimichungas, to buy into the parabolic its another story. but, then again volatility will be off the charts. anyway, i dont have #s in mind right here. consolidations like this are healthy, and notice we are not giving much ground, but we are working off overbought conditions
still on margin
dharma
dont mistake genius for a bull market

dharma:

All I see on an individual stock by stock basis is:

1-breakouts pulling back to test breakout trendlines (AZK, BVN, AEM, CSI.TO, RBY, SIL, SLW, SSP.V, TRE)

2-those that were near-breakouts pulling back and gathering strength in order to breakout on the next strong move higher (AUY, EGO, FR.TO, GG, GSS, IAG, KGC, NEM, NG, NXG, RGLD, SA, UXG, XRA)

3-those marching to their own drum (CKG.V, EDV.TO, EXGMF, FAU.V, GBG, MGH, MNEAF, RIO.V, WDO.TO)

My humble opinion - CORRECTIONS IN BULL MARKETS ARE NORMAL AND BULLISH!. Those that "jumped back in" several weeks ago and now have jumped back out with good profits are now proclaimed as prophetic. Those that just went bearish and short this week are proclaimed genius. AND THEY BOTH ARE PROPHETIC AND GENIUS, however, I look at the action over the past 2 weeks and especially the 1st week of September as a mere precussor (a pre-echo move) of what's ahead.

I raised some cash and raised stops recently - Now I wait patiently to add-back - and watch individual charts for clues of RELATIVE STRENGTH. Nothing has changed - no real action has been taken to address the world's financial ills - no discipline to reign in money printing (just the opposite) - no reduction of debt levels (except at an individual level, where it is out of neccesity) - and that's why GOLD and SILVER are going higher than most can imagine.

Exiting times are here - corrections are BULLISH!

stubaby

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

seems like everyone wants instant gratification. markets move to their own rhythms, no matter if we like it or not
mercury goes direct on sunday
on the 14th mars goes into scorpio(whoops speaking a different language) w/the commander in chief in his own sign, i look for upward movement in the metals. there is a positive correlation there
there is still time left for this upmove. i am starting to scale out of things that have given me good profits. i dont recommend buying @this late stage of the advance, but if you feel you have to, buy 1/2 of what you would normally. try to control your exposure. this will top and you dont want to have your biggest positions when it does. later on , if you have the chimichungas, to buy into the parabolic its another story. but, then again volatility will be off the charts. anyway, i dont have #s in mind right here. consolidations like this are healthy, and notice we are not giving much ground, but we are working off overbought conditions
still on margin
dharma
dont mistake genius for a bull market

dharma:

All I see on an individual stock by stock basis is:

1-breakouts pulling back to test breakout trendlines (AZK, BVN, AEM, CSI.TO, RBY, SIL, SLW, SSP.V, TRE)yes

2-those that were near-breakouts pulling back and gathering strength in order to breakout on the next strong move higher (AUY, EGO, FR.TO, GG, GSS, IAG, KGC, NEM, NG, NXG, RGLD, SA, UXG, XRA)yes, my take as well

3-those marching to their own drum (CKG.V, EDV.TO, EXGMF, FAU.V, GBG, MGH, MNEAF, RIO.V, WDO.TO)

My humble opinion - CORRECTIONS IN BULL MARKETS ARE NORMAL AND BULLISH!. Those that "jumped back in" several weeks ago and now have jumped back out with good profits are now proclaimed as prophetic. Those that just went bearish and short this week are proclaimed genius. AND THEY BOTH ARE PROPHETIC AND GENIUS, however, I look at the action over the past 2 weeks and especially the 1st week of September as a mere precussor (a pre-echo move) of what's ahead.

I raised some cash and raised stops recently - Now I wait patiently to add-back - and watch individual charts for clues of RELATIVE STRENGTH. Nothing has changed - no real action has been taken to address the world's financial ills - no discipline to reign in money printing (just the opposite) - no reduction of debt levels (except at an individual level, where it is out of neccesity) - and that's why GOLD and SILVER are going higher than most can imagine.

Exiting times are here - corrections are BULLISH!
as has been the case for this entire bull. just takes some patience. foresight. and knowing that higher highs and higher lows are the mark of a bull. now , how one chooses to play that, its another story
imho this is bullish action. consolidating from overbought

dharma

stubaby

#16 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

starting to have a remarkable similarity to 1978 in the gold market
i am awaiting blast off next week , right here grappling w/resistance.
so far in this bull , the cbs have been/are in accumulation mode. i suspect
that will continue. so, corrections will still be extreme, but support will come.
its why betting w/the prevailing trend, the wind is @your back.
its a battle. nothing is easy.
right here, the shorts are making a stand. next week they will be overrun
no fiat has ever prevailed in recorded history - that is not something that
i want to bet against. sovereign debt is the issue. all the rest is background
by the way, i am not married to next week. the odds increase though w/mars in scorpio
noise.
dharma
take a good look @this chart. time marches on. the players change . but the content remains the same
http://www.gold-eagl...ref=patrick.net

Edited by dharma, 10 September 2010 - 10:40 AM.

#17 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Richard Russell - Graveyard of Fiat Money

...In the big picture, I believe we're going to put fiat money to the test. Fiat money allowed the US to experience boom. Fiat money produced the tech bust, the equities bust and the housing bust. Fiat money is the vehicle that is created and sponsored by the world's central banks. Fiat money will prove to be a fraud. Out of the graveyard of fiat money will emerge real intrinsic money -- gold. But gold's time has not yet come.

The gold bull market is a very strange bull market. It's a bull market that has progressed without the participation of the US public. That will change. When it comes, we will finally experience the speculative third phase of the gold bull market.

http://kingworldnews...Fiat_Money.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

well here we are starting out w/another day of consolidation. this is healthy market action. we have worked off the overbought condition. last i checked, we are in the strong seasonal time of year. and cbs are still accumulating. time is still favorable. tomorrow mars goes into scorpio, which is a bullish development and remains there for the next 6weeks. if i decide to add something it will be 1/2 position,but for now i am feeling good w/what i have. dharma those who have jumped on the rocked ride of chpgf have seen good appreciation . but, w/their reserves being valued @15an oz. i am not enticed to do anything. i am not an expert in warrants but their 2012 warrants still seem way undervalued as well.

#19 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

well here we are starting out w/another day of consolidation. this is healthy market action. we have worked off the overbought condition. last i checked, we are in the strong seasonal time of year. and cbs are still accumulating. time is still favorable. tomorrow mars goes into scorpio, which is a bullish development and remains there for the next 6weeks. if i decide to add something it will be 1/2 position,but for now i am feeling good w/what i have.
dharma
those who have jumped on the rocked ride of chpgf have seen good appreciation . but, w/their reserves being valued @15an oz. i am not enticed to do anything. i am not an expert in warrants but their 2012 warrants still seem way undervalued as well.

Thanks for the update, dharma. I continue to hold EDVMF, FNNVF, MNEAF, and rare earth company GWMGF.

Best to you. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

when you are w/the trend sooner or later the tide comes in and lifts your boat. the time is ripe now. mars in scorpio. i am looking for a mini run here to the end of the cycle 1325-1409. gold @new record highs 1261 and 1277 are resistance. these times and circumstances are fraught w/uncertainty. and make no mistake sovereign debt is a large issue, which will not be resolved in a way to satisfy bond holders. i am positioned and will go from here on out, w/what i have. the banksters for now will be over run, they will have their sway in wave 4 and then they will join the cbs. dharma "Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

Edited by dharma, 14 September 2010 - 08:58 AM.