Bearish Gartley - NEM

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 03:57 AM

This person's talking about POG low Oct 30th. Earlier than my own mid'ish Nov projection (see my sig)

http://www.icape.com...-gold/gold.html

#2 ty250

ty250

• Traders-Talk User
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 10:26 AM

If 42.50 were taken out would that negate the bearish gartley?

#3 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 02:56 PM

:o COMEX gold just topped $380.00 per ounce. Does anyone know the reason why????? :blink:

#4 scottc

scottc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 03:40 PM

yep, because there was more buyers than sellers :D

#5 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 07:20 PM

:o COMEX gold just topped $380.00 per ounce. Does anyone know the reason why?????

Here is an excuse.

http://biz.yahoo.com...ets_gold_1.html

#6 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 05:33 PM

I believe this is a false or "b" wave rally in an abc C wave decline and we still are going down to $328 by late November. I believe juniors like BGO, DROOY, an HL will be the place to be at that point. blustar

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#7 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 03:16 PM

we still are going down to $328 by late November.

What market action would invalidate your projections?

#8 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:25 PM

I see nothing yet that invalidates my arguement that gold is going down. All technicals, sentiment, e-wave and cycle work says it will. Silver is the other clue that gold is going down. Look at the chart of Apex Silver (SIL). If gold fails to go down to about $365 by next Friday or so, I'll look at it again. It looks like a double top reversal in the works to me. Another rally into Nov 12 wouldn't surprise me after next week's expected weakness, but I believe it will be a sucker's play even if we get to $400 the ounce. To answer your question, obviously we would have to break through $400 decisively. I don't see that as being in the cards right now. Next year $475 and even $510 look like plausible targets, so I am bullish, just not yet. Give me a shakeout first and I'll get really bullish! blustar

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#9 ebt111

ebt111

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 11:27 PM

just looking around and saw your post. I did that page....I posted it at BearForum or something I think 10/30 is a time target of some sort...and now am figuring its a ST high. Max, downside around 358 +/-. Probably unimportant in the larger picture. To the other poster: the recent high in NEM does IMO negate the Bearish Gartley. Ultimately Im thinking in terms of the Dow/Gold ratio = 5-6...or gold reaching around $2000 or so. So Im not selling anythig or trading this much at all.

#10 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 02:02 AM

just looking around and saw your post.

I did that page....I posted it at BearForum or something

I think 10/30 is a time target of some sort...and now am figuring its a ST high. Max, downside around 358 +/-. Probably unimportant in the larger picture.

To the other poster: the recent high in NEM does IMO negate the Bearish Gartley.

Ultimately Im thinking in terms of the Dow/Gold ratio = 5-6...or gold reaching around $2000 or so. So Im not selling anythig or trading this much at all.

Hi there - thanks for popping in. I wasn't sure who to credit.

What's your timeframe for the ratio you mention? Also, do you have a general link to your work or was that page a one time affair?

Thanks! -Seven