i am starting on silver issues. dharma

#2 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

i am starting on silver issues.
dharma

Any names you wish to share? I've just picked up some SQI, and looking at FVI.

#3 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

Back on the buy as well... (EXSFF, PZG, GDXJ)

#4 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Don't know when or how this will end - lots of bearish engulfing patterns with heavy volume. My guess is down tommorrow and bottom on Thursday. stubaby

#5 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

Don't know when or how this will end - lots of bearish engulfing patterns with heavy volume.

My guess is down tommorrow and bottom on Thursday.

stubaby

Stu...you ain't kidding. Some UGLY sticks.
Been operating on premise that we just had major breakaway gaps on Miners.
I would prefer for them to hold. This correction sure is gonna be educational...

#6 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

Don't know when or how this will end - lots of bearish engulfing patterns with heavy volume.

stubaby

Stu...you ain't kidding. Some UGLY sticks.
Been operating on premise that we just had major breakaway gaps on Miners.
I would prefer for them to hold. This correction sure is gonna be educational...

I agree JGS. This is going to be interesting.

I don't think the sentiment is right for even a normal multi-week correction to start, personally. So, stu's scenario sounds good to me. But, I'm not going to totally dismiss the possibility of a normal correction starting (we wouldn't know for sure unless $1315 breaks, anyway). The x-factor may be whether the Dollar wants to re-test 80 right now or not.

Like dharma, I'm not expecting a major top in the PM complex until sometime next year - but I actually think it will come closer to May or June rather than ~Feb (even though Feb lines up much better with the seasonal trend). That top should lead to the biggest decline we've seen since 2008 and scare the bejesus out of any n00bs. Then, a new phase begins, and it will be even better than the phase we've been in since the 2008 low.

That's my opinion, anyway.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#7 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

Went shopping myself yesterday and bought EXK and added to my positions in NGD, TGLDX, and RJA. Will be watching GLDX (Thanks for the post JGUITARSLIM) for volume and possible purchase. An observation from yesterday at the local coin dealer. (Only one in town) I asked if they had many people in selling and was told they were very busy, but, most people were buying! alysomji "That which has been is that which will be - and that which has been done is that which will be done. So, there is nothing new under the sun." A basic tenant for me. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

the norm on this run up has been 2-3 day pullbacks max but that isnt a given 2 weeks pullback here to set some fear up wouldnt be a surprise to anyone would it?

#9 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

A note on the dollar index. Since the high in June I have had two buy signals on my daily chart, one in August and one yesterday. The one in August did not amount to much and I am thinking the one yesterday may not either. Will see. Below is a chart of the seasonal dollar index.

Posted Image

Edited by johngeorge, 10 November 2010 - 07:01 AM.

Peace
johngeorge

#10 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

Heavy volume for SLV would be an understatement. Did you guys notice that SLV traded a little more than 148 million shares? That's the highest number of shares ever traded for SLV since it's inception in 2006. Check out the volume spike on the daily chart.

http://stockcharts.c...0688&r=5615.png

Edited by Ken, 10 November 2010 - 07:50 AM.