• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#11 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

At 11:45am EST today...on the 2-hr chart...silver breaking out of a cup-and-handle...targets a re-test of the highs:

Posted Image

Edited by alysomji, 30 November 2010 - 11:50 AM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#12 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Dharma...also Merriman's turn date Dec 8/9th...plus/minus 3 for markets and metals..new moon Sunday too... TM

Edited by tradermama, 30 November 2010 - 12:49 PM.

#13 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

we have come a long ways from the psychology of 29 in this country. there are no longer statesman(few any way)there are only politicians. the expedient thing to do is qe. the western world is dancing to that tune. gold is purchased as a store of value. to protect ones purchasing power.
if one takes a look @edwards and magee the examples they use for h&s patterns span months. and yet we have a painted h&s looking top in the gold market. needless to say, i have my doubts about the validity of the pattern. until new highs are made or we take out 1315 we are in a trading range. in bull markets, the expectation is for the tr to be broken to the upside. i am in that camp. december is iffy to me. meaning the range will be continued, but january is a bullish story. i am fully positioned. and patiently waiting for the bullish resolution.
the gdxj/gdx ratio is favoring the more speculative miners(gdxj) so speculation is dominating. and silver is gaining more than gold, a confirmation of that fact. speculation can continue for awhile longer.
if the broads have topped, and start down in earnest , will that affect gold/miners/silver. in my experience its not a good idea to bet against declining broad market. that sucking sound will bring everything along w/it. unless this time is different!? now a wise speculation!
bonds are an interesting subject. they offer no to little return and the debts and deficits keep mounting. @some point in the not too distant future i expect to start the rising rate cycle. rising rates are gold bullish. its an admission by govt that inflation is higher than they are paying bond holders(the suckers in the game). i will start to buy bonds when and only when they offer juicy returns on money. in 84 i tried to buy munis into the lows and i couldnt find a dealer that had any inventory. those folks have been getting 15% on their money for almost 30years now+appreciation of the bond. not bad for doing nothing!
most of the time markets do nothing. this phase should be short lived here. make no mistake, i think this pause will result in another run. i am not happy about it , but the world is printing away. the party of the deficits and the mcmansion life style will be paid to the piper.
i added fvitf and ussif on weakness. and am done for now
dharma
the 8th has my eye as an astro date and significant market date

Dharma,
I recall last year when Merriman had his webcast, I asked him if double digit interest rates might happen again based on financial astrology...he gave me that he thought 2012-2013 would show double digit interest rates. In your type of astrology, do you see that coming too? You mentioned not to distant future and I was wondering what that might have meant.

TM

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

we have come a long ways from the psychology of 29 in this country. there are no longer statesman(few any way)there are only politicians. the expedient thing to do is qe. the western world is dancing to that tune. gold is purchased as a store of value. to protect ones purchasing power.
if one takes a look @edwards and magee the examples they use for h&s patterns span months. and yet we have a painted h&s looking top in the gold market. needless to say, i have my doubts about the validity of the pattern. until new highs are made or we take out 1315 we are in a trading range. in bull markets, the expectation is for the tr to be broken to the upside. i am in that camp. december is iffy to me. meaning the range will be continued, but january is a bullish story. i am fully positioned. and patiently waiting for the bullish resolution.
the gdxj/gdx ratio is favoring the more speculative miners(gdxj) so speculation is dominating. and silver is gaining more than gold, a confirmation of that fact. speculation can continue for awhile longer.
if the broads have topped, and start down in earnest , will that affect gold/miners/silver. in my experience its not a good idea to bet against declining broad market. that sucking sound will bring everything along w/it. unless this time is different!? now a wise speculation!
bonds are an interesting subject. they offer no to little return and the debts and deficits keep mounting. @some point in the not too distant future i expect to start the rising rate cycle. rising rates are gold bullish. its an admission by govt that inflation is higher than they are paying bond holders(the suckers in the game). i will start to buy bonds when and only when they offer juicy returns on money. in 84 i tried to buy munis into the lows and i couldnt find a dealer that had any inventory. those folks have been getting 15% on their money for almost 30years now+appreciation of the bond. not bad for doing nothing!
most of the time markets do nothing. this phase should be short lived here. make no mistake, i think this pause will result in another run. i am not happy about it , but the world is printing away. the party of the deficits and the mcmansion life style will be paid to the piper.
i added fvitf and ussif on weakness. and am done for now
dharma
the 8th has my eye as an astro date and significant market date

Dharma,
I recall last year when Merriman had his webcast, I asked him if double digit interest rates might happen again based on financial astrology...he gave me that he thought 2012-2013 would show double digit interest rates. In your type of astrology, do you see that coming too? You mentioned not to distant future and I was wondering what that might have meant.

TM

when currencies go into a trend, they do so for a very long time. the same is true of interest rates. we have had essentially declinning rates since 81, when that turns, the trend towards rising rates will occur for quite a duration.

what we are seeing here is gold appreciating in other currencies, so while the up trend here in the dollar looks good, the falling of the other currencies in terms of gold will propel the prices higher.
dharma
ps. take a look @jpm, looks like they might be breaking through the floor

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

1394 hit over night. 1392 is the markets resistance #.these #s that i give are vibrational # based on the markets history. so we are backing off from it. next up 1409.
i dont think much happens in december, although there is an explosive situation which can come to the fore @any time. i was watching jpm yesterday, it was flirting w/breaking a string of lows and into the abyss. but it held
there is a catalyst out there, and no i dont know what it is. but, it doesnt take a great imagination to see one of many possibilities.
from here on out i will buy if something i like gets beat up or if something i own rockets up. other wise i am right where i want to be
isvlf is rocketing today, and i am just holding eg.
my question is . if i sell , do i really want to hold fiat, any fiat? gold/silver has made new highs in all fiats but the buck. and the dollar is a badly flawed currency. its rally days are limited. @this point , its about survival. and i suspect as time moves foward the situation will be more pronounced. someone i know has 16k oz of silver and he sold 2k last week. why sell , i understand he made good scratch holding from 6$an oz. but, putting money in fiat is a losing proposition. @gold 1700-2100 in january , i will sell my miners back. study parabolics and what happens after they occur. it never ever has a pretty ending. and although i doubt that those #s are near the ultimate top, they will be an intermediate top.
martin armstrong is quite knowledgeable and worth the read
his latest
http://www.martinarm...011-21-2010.pdf
dharma

#16 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:38 AM

One ratio I've been watchin for a while as a catalyst for big move.
Gold/USB @ 30+ yr high. This chart from Dan Norcini...

Posted Image

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 01 December 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#17 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

can you enlarge that ? cant read it

#18 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

can you enlarge that ?
cant read it

this guy never stops. give me patience.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#19 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:00 AM

China gold imports headed for big rise
Peace
johngeorge

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

"No matter what the objective of the spending program may be, government expenditure programs always constitute economic costs that are born by taxpayers, lenders or inflation victims." Hans F. Senholz. perusing charts last night. if anyone has an interest look @a monthly nxg. anyone care to say what they see there? as JGUITARSLIM is pointing out, the bonds are starting to be troublesome. bernake's idea is to keep rates low, w/all the printing, the market may have other ideas. i am starting to wonder if rising stock prices is an indication of money leaving the bond markets?! the crises is accelerating and my work shows a big rise in the precious dead ahead. and you scoff @yesterdays doji @the resistance of 1392! it appears to be the line in the sand . above a certain price, and of course i dont know what that is, the hordes who have been watching the precious enter the game. this is not going to be pretty. dharma