gold/silver

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

"No matter what the objective of the spending program may be, government expenditure programs always constitute economic costs that are born by taxpayers, lenders or inflation victims." Hans F. Senholz.

perusing charts last night. if anyone has an interest look @a monthly nxg. anyone care to say what they see there?

as JGUITARSLIM is pointing out, the bonds are starting to be troublesome. bernake's idea is to keep rates low, w/all the printing, the market may have other ideas. i am starting to wonder if rising stock prices is an indication of money leaving the bond markets?!
the crises is accelerating and my work shows a big rise in the precious dead ahead. and you scoff @yesterdays doji @the resistance of 1392! it appears to be the line in the sand . above a certain price, and of course i dont know what that is, the hordes who have been watching the precious enter the game. this is not going to be pretty.
dharma

remember bonds have been in a bull since 81, they are very long in the tooth, the turn off the highs will be slow @1st , but it will gather momo .
dharma

#22 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

"No matter what the objective of the spending program may be, government expenditure programs always constitute economic costs that are born by taxpayers, lenders or inflation victims." Hans F. Senholz.

perusing charts last night. if anyone has an interest look @a monthly nxg. anyone care to say what they see there?

as JGUITARSLIM is pointing out, the bonds are starting to be troublesome. bernake's idea is to keep rates low, w/all the printing, the market may have other ideas. i am starting to wonder if rising stock prices is an indication of money leaving the bond markets?!
the crises is accelerating and my work shows a big rise in the precious dead ahead. and you scoff @yesterdays doji @the resistance of 1392! it appears to be the line in the sand . above a certain price, and of course i dont know what that is, the hordes who have been watching the precious enter the game. this is not going to be pretty.
dharma

dharma:

NXG got caught early (by Lehman I believe) with a substaintial amount of corporate short-term cash in Auction Rate Preferred's, which failed in early 2008 - (NXG News Release 2008 under investments page 9.

http://stockcharts.c...3887&r=1083.png

http://stockcharts.c...8275&r=2669.png

http://stockcharts.c...8829&r=5394.png

Charts look like Buys here.

stubaby

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

nice work as usual stubaby. i think the monthly is a cup and handle
this guy is quite bullish. and his thinking is similar to mine
http://www.gold-eagl...nner120110.html

epic battle @392. maybe another doji
dharma

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

2dojis back to back, the painting continues and today we are going to test the 1409 resistance w/the highs and 1426 on deck. in the short term i have no idea how this plays out. i have continued to buy special situation miners. as i point out periodically. the thing w/juniors is their story is minor compared to management. and in due course one finds out whose side the management is on. i was in gss awhile back and its mangement fumbled and threw an interception and i was gone. if you see that the management is out for themselves and not interested in building something , dont wait , let the door hit your butt on the way out. and let us know. there will be huge winners in this sector, olvrf appears to be one that is taking shape. hopefully , when i posted the lasonde piece some of you joined him in the stock. it is a little more than a double here. my stuff shows us going into a big run. sinclair saw this 10years ago in this same time frame. a hit tip to you mr. sinclair. i am continually perusing the charts and occassionally finding a junior or two to add to my steeds. as i see the astute stubaby is too. the nice thing about bull markets is sooner or later ,if you make a mistake , the market rises to lift your boat. the thing that is the killer is fear.. 08 left a lasting impression on many. and it is scheduled to happen again after this parabolic gets expressed. interested to see how the 8th plays out! pzg is starting to display an interesting set up dharma ps. months ago gann man pointed out that the semi s were poised for a big up move. a hat tip to you gann man. nice call and when they were out of favor

#25 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

sgr finally coming alive dharma? thanks for your persistence with the lot of us

#26 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

first day in a while that juniors are lagging gold, seemingly following broad markets instead...

#27 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

I did buy OLVRF a while back and so far I am up 56%...........Nice :D Did anyone buy MNEAF I posted? So far it is up 38%. I also have a position in NGD which is doing very well.......up 26%. :) EXK up a nice 40%. My core position is TGLDX which is rocking!!! Good luck to all.
Peace
johngeorge

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

well its monday monday. and i have the 8-9th highlighted this week both from an astro and from a fib point of view.it could be an acceleration or a short term top. this harmonic will run through the seasonally strong period. shorting bulls is the quickest way to the traders graveyard. aka the breadline. in my studies, i have noted that in bull markets oscillators get one out way too early. divergences occur only to be taken out by another surge in the market. i use the oscillators for buys only in bull markets. i am in hold mode. we have had a good run, but quite frankly i think this leg has alot more to go. as for the dollar right here. i have no idea what it does, ultimately, it goes to about .5 . i am on the opposite side of prechter, who ultimately will be right on his depression call, but in the interim he has been wrong on everything for decades. the broads are @an interesting juncture -pressing the highs. ultimately the inflationary pressures take the broads higher. my money will not be participating one way or the other. the broads are in a range and that is where traders get chopped to ribbons. i want to buy something out of favor and wait. so, for now i am riding the golden bull. and yes $35-40 silver on this leg is a real possibility. dharma

#29 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

well its monday monday. and i have the 8-9th highlighted this week both from an astro and from a fib point of view.it could be an acceleration or a short term top. this harmonic will run through the seasonally strong period.
shorting bulls is the quickest way to the traders graveyard. aka the breadline. in my studies, i have noted that in bull markets oscillators get one out way too early. divergences occur only to be taken out by another surge in the market. i use the oscillators for buys only in bull markets. i am in hold mode.
we have had a good run, but quite frankly i think this leg has alot more to go. as for the dollar right here. i have no idea what it does, ultimately, it goes to about .5 . i am on the opposite side of prechter, who ultimately will be right on his depression call, but in the interim he has been wrong on everything for decades.
the broads are @an interesting juncture -pressing the highs. ultimately the inflationary pressures take the broads higher. my money will not be participating one way or the other. the broads are in a range and that is where traders get chopped to ribbons. i want to buy something out of favor and wait.
so, for now i am riding the golden bull. and yes $35-40 silver on this leg is a real possibility.
dharma

What comes to my mind is that old commercial in the 80s where Brook Shields said "nothing comes between me and my Calvin Kleins"...that's how i feel right now for metals and miners...even if we do pullback for a week...that's a gift!.....after seeing Bernanke's quivering lip yesterday on 60 minutes...he knows he's BSing...and for him to have to go on that program to "defend" himself tells me he has less confidence in his actions than he comes across...and there is some scary ******** coming our way in 2011.... But what I really see is that $hui/gld ratio penetrating through the 50ema today...all we need is that RSI to start moving stronger...and it will
..so Dharma, you're guidance has been appreciated.....maybe we do a short term top...but that just means one more opportunity for the big explosion early next year imo.

Thanks again Dharma for your wisdom and sharing

TM

#30 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

well its monday monday. and i have the 8-9th highlighted this week both from an astro and from a fib point of view.it could be an acceleration or a short term top. this harmonic will run through the seasonally strong period.
shorting bulls is the quickest way to the traders graveyard. aka the breadline. in my studies, i have noted that in bull markets oscillators get one out way too early. divergences occur only to be taken out by another surge in the market. i use the oscillators for buys only in bull markets. i am in hold mode.
we have had a good run, but quite frankly i think this leg has alot more to go. as for the dollar right here. i have no idea what it does, ultimately, it goes to about .5 . i am on the opposite side of prechter, who ultimately will be right on his depression call, but in the interim he has been wrong on everything for decades.
the broads are @an interesting juncture -pressing the highs. ultimately the inflationary pressures take the broads higher. my money will not be participating one way or the other. the broads are in a range and that is where traders get chopped to ribbons. i want to buy something out of favor and wait.
so, for now i am riding the golden bull. and yes $35-40 silver on this leg is a real possibility.
dharma

What comes to my mind is that old commercial in the 80s where Brook Shields said "nothing comes between me and my Calvin Kleins"...that's how i feel right now for metals and miners...even if we do pullback for a week...that's a gift!.....after seeing Bernanke's quivering lip yesterday on 60 minutes...he knows he's BSing...and for him to have to go on that program to "defend" himself tells me he has less confidence in his actions than he comes across...and there is some scary ******** coming our way in 2011.... But what I really see is that $hui/gld ratio penetrating through the 50ema today...all we need is that RSI to start moving stronger...and it will
..so Dharma, you're guidance has been appreciated.....maybe we do a short term top...but that just means one more opportunity for the big explosion early next year imo.

Thanks again Dharma for your wisdom and sharing

TM

my pleasure! i try to share what i know. share my studies and help folks make some scratch.unfortunately, it seems that more and more folks will be on the bread line of the 21st century-food stamps and unemployment benefits-99weekers. too many have used easy credit to go into debt.
i read the forbes 400 every year and have done so for darn near 30years now. and to my memory i have never seen one trader enter their ranks. my mo is buy what they dont want and wait. it why i have bought my 1st tranche of natural gas.
dharma
1426 on deck