bottoming

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

thanks traderama bottoming is a process. today we hit 1375 which is now resistance and 1392 above that. what amazes me is we are down 70+dollars from the highs to the recent lows and folks are throwing around full scale correction #s . larger than the 08 correction was. (1033high-680low=353 dollars of correction) the harmonics that i follow point up. the market will follow. i think stubabys count or a variation thereof is correct. and the silent ones gann work, mirrors my work and conclusions. i have no idea what the catalyst will be. i have done some buying on weakness. and i sold cepkf yesterday for 200% and it is still not reflecting its value. i bought warrants for the 1st time, thinking they offered some leverage. i did a little better than owning the underlying. chpgf i bought @4 and @7. and i am considering adding here. if you look @patterns look @nusmf and klndf and see what happens when you have a good base. dharma

#2 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Just IMHO: I say it's 60/40 that the correction isn't over versus it is over. If it isn't over, I'm looking for $1275-1305 as the bottom. Otherwise the bottom is in (moving past $1396-1400 would confirm). Whatever the case, I have my core and will add once I can be more sure the bottom is in.

Edited by alysomji, 19 January 2011 - 12:46 PM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#3 uh'sgirl

uh'sgirl

• Traders-Talk User
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Just IMHO:

I say it's 60/40 that the correction isn't over versus it is over. If it isn't over, I'm looking for $1275-1305 as the bottom.

Otherwise the bottom is in (moving past $1396-1400 would confirm).

Whatever the case, I have my core and will add once I can be more sure the bottom is in.

The technical hairs may be too fine to split at this time, but the USD is dropping fairly hard so I would say 60/40 that the bottom is in.

#4 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

It's time to be buying - regardless of whether this is "THE" bottom or not. JMHO stubaby

#5 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Alf Field's Gold EW charts and his views are posted on Sinclair's site.

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

here is alfs work. i followed his thinking years back , then he disappeared from the public eye
now , he posts this
http://jsmineset.com...rom-alf-fields/
dharma
if you use stubabys or alfs count , either way leads to what i think will be occurring very soon

#7 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

Just read it.

Thanks for the heads up.

He's one of the best gold analysts I've seen out there.

What he's saying lines up closely to what my work tells me, which is good to hear.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

Just read it.

Thanks for the heads up.

What he's saying lines up closely to what my work tells me, which is good to hear.

ok i will bite
his work appears to be diametrically opposed to yours. he is confirming sinclairs call for 1650 . and says the upmove should start soon. what i hear , and have heard you saying is 1275-1305.
dharma

#9 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Just read it.

Thanks for the heads up.

ok i will bite
his work appears to be diametrically opposed to yours. he is confirming sinclairs call for 1650 . and says the upmove should start soon. what i hear , and have heard you saying is 1275-1305.
dharma

No, what I've been wondering about is how deep this correction will get - and I posted above what I think. Almost every quarterly correction in gold gets down to either the 150- or 200-SMA. This one hasn't - but this correction precedes a parabolic move, and before parabolic moves gold can sometimes consolidate instead of having a normal correction, and that's what may be happening here (as reflected in my post above with the price levels I gave).

My view has been pretty consistent. Unlike many on this board, I was expecting the type of action we've had the past several weeks. Here's a post of mine from late November:

I'm looking for one last correction before the blowoff move begins into next year. It should begin soon...for now, I would look for a break below $1350 as a sign that it's getting underway.

link

Another one from early Dec:

Personally, I think the miners look like they could use a breather here. Take a look at a chart of SLW and compare it to its 200-day MA, for example. If these things are going to go parabolic they need to get some rest because some of the miners already look parabolic. Also, I believe the parabolic top you speak of will not come in Feb. but rather closer to the Apr/May/Jun timeframe. I know the seasonal trend is for a top in Feb. and I know that gold is famous for tops in Feb., but I don't see it happening this time. One of the reasons is that I think it will need to move higher past Feb. to really bring the public in.

link

Another one from mid-December where I actually spell out my price target for the parabolic:

As you know we're going to get a massive parabolic up leg in the first or second quarter of next year (I'm looking at Apr/May/Jun and I believe you're looking at Feb for that top) and things get dicey as volatility increases. I look for $1600+ minimally before the top there is made and the n00bs get taken to the woodshed.

link

That last post was even directly addressed to you. But, I guess some people can have a short memory. Those who don't know I always try to bring good stuff to this board - and I think I usually do.

Edited by alysomji, 19 January 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Just read it.

Thanks for the heads up.

ok i will bite
dharma

No, what I've been wondering about is how deep this correction will get - and I posted above what I think. Almost every quarterly correction in gold gets down to either the 150- or 200-SMA. This one hasn't - but this correction precedes a parabolic move, and before parabolic moves gold can sometimes consolidate instead of having a normal correction, and that's what may be happening here (as reflected in my post above with the price levels I gave).

My view has been pretty consistent. Unlike many on this board, I was expecting the type of action we've had the past several weeks. Here's a post of mine from late November:

I'm looking for one last correction before the blowoff move begins into next year. It should begin soon...for now, I would look for a break below $1350 as a sign that it's getting underway.

link

Another one from early Dec:

Personally, I think the miners look like they could use a breather here. Take a look at a chart of SLW and compare it to its 200-day MA, for example. If these things are going to go parabolic they need to get some rest because some of the miners already look parabolic. Also, I believe the parabolic top you speak of will not come in Feb. but rather closer to the Apr/May/Jun timeframe. I know the seasonal trend is for a top in Feb. and I know that gold is famous for tops in Feb., but I don't see it happening this time. One of the reasons is that I think it will need to move higher past Feb. to really bring the public in.

link

Another one from mid-December where I actually spell out my price target for the parabolic:

As you know we're going to get a massive parabolic up leg in the first or second quarter of next year (I'm looking at Apr/May/Jun and I believe you're looking at Feb for that top) and things get dicey as volatility increases. I look for $1600+ minimally before the top there is made and the n00bs get taken to the woodshed.

link

That last post was even directly addressed to you. But, I guess some people can have a short memory. Those who don't know I always try to bring good stuff to this board - and I think I usually do.

are you being hostile ?
dharma

Edited by dharma, 19 January 2011 - 04:35 PM.