above 1358 indicates...............

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

relatively ugly action today in the miners normal pullback or local top might be in

#12 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

relatively ugly action today in the miners
normal pullback or local top might be in

I thought likewise this am so took some short term trading profits. Reloading and ready for the next run up. :ninja:
Peace
johngeorge

#13 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

I thought likewise this am so took some short term trading profits. Reloading and ready for the next run up. :ninja:

Looks like normal pullback so far. Been conteplating adding here :wacko: ....

#14 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

Looks like normal pullback so far. Been conteplating adding here :wacko: ....

With my trading I am always late in and early out :rolleyes: :D :o
Peace
johngeorge

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

dharma:

I have several people I follow (and respect) that are looking for a mid-March low 1,220 to 1,260, after near-term strength over the next several weeks - then blastoff. I agree that 1,375 needs to be recaptured - from EW perspective Wave 1 could have ended with yesterday's high - with Wave 2 "shakeout" ending today or tomorrow morning - then Wave 3 will take us above 1,375.

That's what I'm watching ST. Intermediate-term I am less interested in Gold price - more interested in Miners, which are in the beginning of "dancing to their own tune" IMHO

stubaby :D

no amigo, the move from 1307 to 1369 is not a cinco wave rally

Senor

#16 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

the move off the 1307.7 lows can be seen as a five or a correction. very difficult to decipher. we shall see. i go through periods where i lose the market. it moves to a different harmonic and then i lose it. i follow the market or try to. the harmonics i watch bottomed last week. if this is wrong then i am lost.
the harmonics call for a march high. if this does not pan out this is proof that i am w/o an oar. my work suggests there will be a catalyst to carry the gold market to new highs by that time frame. there are many possibilities out there.
dharma
i think the link that stubaby posted yesterday is an interesting chart. and could turn out to be the correct picture
http://1.bp.blogspot...lytentative.png

#17 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

nice lil shake out htis am; run the stops on the new shorts: that you running em senor?

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

the move off the 1307.7 lows can be seen as a five or a correction. very difficult to decipher. we shall see. i go through periods where i lose the market. it moves to a different harmonic and then i lose it. i follow the market or try to. the harmonics i watch bottomed last week. if this is wrong then i am lost.
the harmonics call for a march high. if this does not pan out this is proof that i am w/o an oar. my work suggests there will be a catalyst to carry the gold market to new highs by that time frame. there are many possibilities out there.
dharma
i think the link that stubaby posted yesterday is an interesting chart. and could turn out to be the correct picture
http://1.bp.blogspot...lytentative.png

when I look at most gold indices or the commodity I really see no cinco up, now that does not mean it can't be bullish but there is IMO no bueno case for cinco up. That being said I bot a little GDXJ on this mornings decline. If there had been a clear cinco up I would have bought mucho more.

BSing away

Senor

#19 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

I wonder if there is truth in this and, if so, the implications.............

Here Comes Executive Order 6102 For The QE Generation: Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold
Peace
johngeorge

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

I wonder if there is truth in this and, if so, the implications.............

Here Comes Executive Order 6102 For The QE Generation: Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold

that is not a large quantity
the implications are disturbing. monty guild posted a piece last night on sinclair's site. and he too is worried about gold confiscation.
that maybe why silver is the stronger metal?
anyway have a good strategy
dharma