above 1358 indicates...............

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#21 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

I watch a combination of 3-month Treasury yields along with the Gold:Silver Ratio for overall signs of system stability or lack thereof. Something "big" is brewing under the surface as both of the above point to the US Financial system spinning out of control! Can Big Ben & Co. "do it again" or are Ron Paul & Co. "gaining traction" stubaby :bye:

#22 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

the move off the 1307.7 lows can be seen as a five or a correction. very difficult to decipher. we shall see. i go through periods where i lose the market. it moves to a different harmonic and then i lose it. i follow the market or try to. the harmonics i watch bottomed last week. if this is wrong then i am lost.
the harmonics call for a march high. if this does not pan out this is proof that i am w/o an oar. my work suggests there will be a catalyst to carry the gold market to new highs by that time frame. there are many possibilities out there.
dharma
i think the link that stubaby posted yesterday is an interesting chart. and could turn out to be the correct picture
http://1.bp.blogspot...lytentative.png

dharma

I believe you are in good company. A quote from Robin Griffiths interview at KWN: “For as long as interest rates are super low, there’s no negative cost of holding gold. There is a seasonality to gold and very often it doesn’t start running until the end of February...Once we get into March, I think we can expect it to start motoring higher again.”
Peace
johngeorge

#23 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm keeping with what I posted last week (or was it the week before that? I think the latter): it's risky to sell any of your positions. Any new low in gold would be marginally lower (at best) than the recent low at ~$1309, IMHO. And, I wouldn't be surprised if gold just shoots higher here without making a "double bottom" of sorts. Surprises come on the upside in secular bull markets. You should only sell if you're quite confident you can get back in at a lower price. Many of those who do sell end up getting back in at higher prices...

Edited by alysomji, 10 February 2011 - 08:09 PM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

wise words!
i have quite a few issues that are in explosive formations, all we need is upside action.
egypt is a forerunner for the rest of the world
you can watch it all on aljazeera different perspective
http://english.aljaz....net/watch_now/
above 1375 and we have something going . so many analysts calling for downside action, did they all get off the boat and want back in? marc faber threw his hat in the ring calling for 1100-1200 gold. a short sharp drop says he w/ a fast recovery.
i peruse the sector , today i looked @monthlies, xra has a powerful formation on a montly.
dharma

#25 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

and down we go

#26 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

Lower prices to me mean opportunity. B) Will be a buyer of silver Eagles and more PM stocks.
Peace
johngeorge

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

having some fun

down goes frazier
dharma

#28 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

wise words!
i have quite a few issues that are in explosive formations, all we need is upside action.
egypt is a forerunner for the rest of the world
you can watch it all on aljazeera different perspective
http://english.aljaz....net/watch_now/
above 1375 and we have something going . so many analysts calling for downside action, did they all get off the boat and want back in? marc faber threw his hat in the ring calling for 1100-1200 gold. a short sharp drop says he w/ a fast recovery.
i peruse the sector , today i looked @monthlies, xra has a powerful formation on a montly.
dharma

dharma:

Yes - I was in XRA from summer of 2009 at breakout point ($2.75) and road till I was "stopped out" in spring of 2010, shortly after the Extorre spin-off, which I still own and added to. Been watching for a re-entry point since. Will probably wait for a break of the wedge $6.25 to $6.30!

http://stockcharts.c...0084&r=6235.png

http://stockcharts.c...9849&r=2746.png

http://stockcharts.c...18347&r=100.png

stubaby

#29 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Boring day. Volume light on GDX/GDXJ. Maybe a little reverse H&S pattern forming...

Posted Image

#30 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I watch a combination of 3-month Treasury yields along with the Gold:Silver Ratio for overall signs of system stability or lack thereof.

Something "big" is brewing under the surface as both of the above point to the US Financial system spinning out of control! Can Big Ben & Co. "do it again" or are Ron Paul & Co. "gaining traction"

stubaby :bye:

stubaby, I appreciate your posts.

If you have time I would love to look at a chart of these (3-month,silver-gold ratio, and price) with any
annotations that you see as helpful. It's a tall order but if you have such an animal already I for one would surely appreciate
a peak.

jjc.