Nikkei DOWN 5.4%

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

The problem is the prop job will be a short term bounce before it heads lower again... NIKKEI will likely work it's way lower over the next month or two before a buying opportunity appears.. It should be a great buying opportunity to get long late Spring...

Barry

Define short term. I know you're short US indices. I think you will get stopped out before the turn happens, because I think I know where this is going.

Once a bounce happens on NIKKEI I think it will last for 1 to 2 trading days before heading lower.. Yes I'm currently a bear on equities... I will be looking to cover lower and waiting for bounce and shorting again...

#12 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

Sr. 911: Allowe me to introduce myself. I am Don Doctor Selecto, Esq, the personal legal advisor to and confident of the late El Gran Generalismo Excellente, who before his unfortunate beheading, left in my custody certain funds paid to him by a large American oil company, in return for certain permits. The amount is USD 100,000,000. I earnestly solicit your help in receiving the deposit of these funds to your account, so that they may then be disbursed, 30% to you for your efforts and the balance to the widow and children of Generalismo Excellente, who are now safely in your country, living near a lake. Please contact me with the name of the broker and account number where that trade was made, and the password, so that I may immediately begin the transfer process. Selecto

Edited by selecto, 13 March 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#13 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

The problem is the prop job will be a short term bounce before it heads lower again... NIKKEI will likely work it's way lower over the next month or two before a buying opportunity appears.. It should be a great buying opportunity to get long late Spring...

Barry

Define short term. I know you're short US indices. I think you will get stopped out before the turn happens, because I think I know where this is going.

Once a bounce happens on NIKKEI I think it will last for 1 to 2 trading days before heading lower.. Yes I'm currently a bear on equities... I will be looking to cover lower and waiting for bounce and shorting again...

Well if it gaps up 100+ dow points tomorrow, I don't recommend you short it.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#14 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

Barry

Well if it gaps up 100+ dow points tomorrow, I don't recommend you short it.

D, you haave to get short not long
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#15 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

[/quote] Well if it gaps up 100+ dow points tomorrow, I don't recommend you short it. [/quote] I would say it would depend on what other world market are doing.... If all other markets are down and we open higher 100 points I would recommend to short it.... I usually don't trade the first hour so I can get a reading on the market.. Barry

#16 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

Sr. 911:

Allowe me to introduce myself. I am Don Doctor Selecto, Esq, the personal legal advisor to and confident of
the late El Gran Generalismo Excellente, who before his unfortunate beheading, left in my custody certain
funds paid to him by a large American oil company, in return for certain permits. The amount is USD 100,000,000.
I earnestly solicit your help in receiving the deposit of these funds to your account, so that they may then be
disbursed, 30% to you for your efforts and the balance to the widow and children of Generalismo Excellente,
who are now safely in your country, living near a lake.

Please contact me with the name of the broker and account number where that trade was made, and the
password, so that I may immediately begin the transfer process.

Selecto

Sr selecto: message tradingup and you'll get an answer. I personally called a few of this people(tradingup was one of them i called) to start selling short at 10600. Not all are on board here
here.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#17 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

D, you haave to get short not long

Not touching Nikkei.. I am long S&P and will be for a bit unless stops get hit.

#18 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

"Well if it gaps up 100+ dow points tomorrow, I don't recommend you short it. " I'd put the odds of that at exactly zero :)

#19 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

"Well if it gaps up 100+ dow points tomorrow, I don't recommend you short it. "

I'd put the odds of that at exactly zero :)

Gap would be nice, but not necessary. Just a big white stick tomorrow is what matters. Probably better with no gap and just a big white stick.

#20 dhroz

dhroz

• Traders-Talk User
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

The problem with the Japanese markets is that they don't have our crooks ie Bernanke & Co. watching over their systems. Heck if LA fell into the Pacific we would open up probably 5K points on the indu's. <_<