Photo

Seismic window: N America next on tap...this weekend!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

On the 19th of this month: not only the full moon, but within an hour the closest approach of the moon to the earth until the year 2016. The next day is the equinoctial tides.
I heard this geologist on the radio tonight and thought he might be on to something.
This week saw millions of dead fish. Jim thinks it has to do with the magnetite sensors in the brain being disturbed before a major quake.
This magnetite helps fish return thousands of miles to their original spawning grounds, dogs and cats return home after being moved hundreds of miles.
But before major upheavals, animals especially seem affected by disruptions in the earth's magnetic fields, and reportedly the number of missing cats and dogs increases dramatically just before a quake.

The magnetic polls are moving. Perhaps they always have been.
Earth's Magnetic North Pole Is On the Move

A Major Earthquake in North America Imminent?
http://www.foxbusine...merica-imminent

CAVUTO:
Take a look at what experts are increasingly calling the so-called ring of fire that is encircling the entire Pacific Ocean. You remember Chile's massive earthquake about a year ago. Then we had that big one in New Zealand just last month. Then of course Japan.
If this clockwise trend continues, my next guest says North America looks to be on tap next. Don't laugh.
Geologist Jim Berkland is worried. When he worries, you should worry too. Jim accurately predicted, get this, the 1989 so-called World Series earthquake four days before it shook the San Francisco Bay Area. And Jim says this month is of particular concern. Why, Jim?

JIM BERKLAND, GEOLOGIST: On the 19th of this month not only the full moon, but within an hour the closest approach of the moon to the earth until the year 2016. The next day is the equinoctial tides. So you're bringing together three of the maximum tide raising forces. We know about the ocean tides. But there is also an Earth tide. And there is a tide in the ground water. All of these help to release sudden, built up strain, and cause earthquakes.

CAVUTO: But that would seem to imply that we could be looking at a very imminent event in the United States within the next week or two? Is that right?

BERKLAND: Yes. My -- what I call a seismic window, this top seismic window in years is developing between the 19th and 26th of this month. And this was 7.0 monster and it says geologist had warned about it. And a week earlier, the they were talking about the tides, not to worry about the really tides coming up. I think there is worry here too.
I used to just scoff at these kinds of things, because I was a mainstream geologist until I found out that earthquakes are fitting a pattern. The big earthquake in the Indian Ocean followed massive beachings of whales in Taiwan -- not Taiwan, but New Zealand and Australia and Tasmania. And then within couple of days, they had a 8.3 in south of New Zealand, and then came the 9.1 in the Indian Ocean, with the big tsunami, on the very day of the fool moon.
The previous big quake and tsunami was in Alaska, which is a 9.2 magnitude event, on the day off the full moon, on the 27th of March.

CAVUTO: Wow.

And do you remember the week before this last quake, all of the talk about the huge solar flare?

Was the Sun a trigger to the Japan Earthquake on Friday?
TWS Meteorologist Kevin Martin thinks there is a correlation between solar and seismic activity.
http://www.theweathe...lartrigger.html

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 March 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

It sounds like tabloid stuff but...

Dead fish = earthquake predictor?

An Azeri scientist posits that the mass death of Californian sardines foretold the Japanese earthquake
Miriam ElderMarch 14, 2011 09:33

An Azeri scientist has linked the recent incident of California's mass fish death to the earthquake in Japan.

"Animals, they feel everything. They run away from earthquakes however they can," Gurban Jalal Etirmishli, the general director of the Azerbijan Science Academy's Republican Center for Seismology, told Life News, a Russian tabloid.

More than a million sardines washed up on California's Redondo Beach last week. Scientists say they suffered from a lack of oxygen, but some reports have said they were found to have high toxin levels.

"During the first underground movements on March 8, toxic gases and even radiation could have oozed out, becoming a reason for the death of the fish," Etirmishli said. "If, in the near future, a similar thing happens, it can be a sign of a coming earthquake."

Etirmishli offered absolutely no proof for his theory, but noted that more than 100 whales washed up on New Zealand's shore days ahead of its deadly earthquake. His comments to the tabloid came after an Azeri scientist, Ikram Kerimov, published an open letter in local press putting forth the theory.

"Certain ranges of acoustic waves in the marine environment, caused by movements ahead of a big earthquake, are disastrous for marine animals, from which they die or throw themselves onshore," Kerimov wrote.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 March 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#3 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

Would not surprise me. I'm concerned about NYC which had a major EQ in the 1700's which is not prepared at all. There is fault line that runs from Harlum through Boston and runs through Mpodus Ct - recorded in indian records. We are over due. I just added EQ insurance for my house after Haiti. Mary Anne

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

You might want to add flood, tsunami and radiation insurance.
And fire and riot.

Would not surprise me. I'm concerned about NYC which had a major EQ in the 1700's which is not prepared at all.
There is fault line that runs from Harlum through Boston and runs through Mpodus Ct - recorded in indian records. We are over due. I just added EQ insurance for my house after Haiti.
Mary Anne

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

More than a million sardines washed up on California's Redondo Beach last week

I know that there were a bunch of dead fish ahead of the major earthquake in 1999 earthquake in Izmit, Turkey. In fact, the sea level also went down there and there was no low tide.

I live in Redondo Beach and I saw the dead fish, they blamed it on the low oxygen levels so far. I thought it was really odd, in all the ocean out there, why would the fish go to King Harbor where there is nothing but a bunch of boats which could be dirtier than the open ocean and just to die?!? I was told the fish was found dead on the shores as well, which made no sense at all...

I will check out the water level also tomorrow. Thanks for the info... I am expecting a big one here. It's been 13-15 years, it is about the cycle actually and we shake all the time in these days...

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

We really know so little about all of the causes and influences regarding quakes.
Abberations in the magnetic field could explain some of the animal oddities seemingly tied to quakes.

Watch this resting dog instantly panic and run away seconds before a quake hits.

Dogs know moment before Earthquake trigger
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 March 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#7 JimBecker17

JimBecker17

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

Keeping an eye on the USGS site there have been events on the major San Andreas off Oregon and Gulf of California. Baja has been really busy since the quake last year. Other end of ring around Australia getting some consistent action as well. Some people also look for the path of one of the planets, think it might be Uranus, which swept across Chile before their quake. Regarding the magnetic poles reversing, they believe it happens every 10-12,000 years. For this they look in the lava around Mammoth Mountain in California which shows different polarity of magnetic elements in different lava flows. I guess this means that the volcano kinda gets active then?? :) After being in the Bay Area for the 1989 trying to avoid a repeat! Best to all..

Edited by JimBecker17, 16 March 2011 - 12:03 AM.

Bullish Equity service: WM Research, LLC using IBD / Wyckoff principles realtime.

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

So they say it is the seasonal red tide, a little research reveals:

Are all Red Tides Toxic?
In California the majority of red tides are not caused by species that produce deadly toxins such as
domoic acid and the paralytic shellfish poisoning toxins.

When Do Red Tides Occur?

The majority of red tides in California occur between early spring (February, March) and late summer
(August, September).

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

Japan suffered a very similar earthquake in 1891.
http://www.baxleysta...893061121.shtml
Posted Image

Some blamed Nikola Tesla's Earthquake Machine.
http://www.angelfire...Oscillator.html
"Tesla once joked that he could split the Earth with one of these devices, and no-one ever knew if he was joking."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 March 2011 - 12:33 AM.

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

I wonder if this one's waterproofed?

Posted Image
banges warten - anxious wait

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 March 2011 - 12:41 AM.