Photo

EPA: Boise rainwater has highest levels of radioactive material in US… 80 times amount of I-131 allowed in drinking water — “

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "EPA: Boise rainwater has highest levels of radioactive material in US… 80 times amount of I-131 allowed in drinking water — 'Officials had no explanation' April 3rd, 2011 at 06:17 PM " The report added:

Boise, Idaho rainwater 3/22/2011:

• 11.2 pCi/L of Cs-134
  • 11.6 pCi/L of Cs-137
  • 242 pCi/L of I-131
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry for Iodine, CDC, April 2004:

EPA has set an average annual drinking water limit of 3 pCi/L for Iodine-131 so the public radiation dose will not exceed 4 millirem."

Bob-C

Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#2 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Bob, Sad situation we have here. Who knows how this will turn out. On a side note I'm 53 years old and grew up in nort west Ohio, I remember when it was common for the US Government to do test nukes out west for years and people never thought a thing about it. In high school I did a report on these events. The study was very indepth and has much data about jet streams, winds alof and the general pattern of the toxic field. The area was easy to pinpoint actually and when this was put in graph form you could see exactly where it went. Then cross matching a yearly cancer rate in the country years later it was obvious that the US Government was directly responsable, anyway you cut it. I have always been shocked that no human rights group, big time lawyers ever jumped on this except for the fact that you can't fight uncle sam. Personally I have had many friends, family die from forms of this and in my heart I know. As I said Im just surprised no one else in the midwest has put 2 + 2 together. Sorry for going on, just been on my mind a very long time.

#3 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

"Drinking-water levels are set for long-term exposure, the EPA has explained, while rainwater exposure is of short duration."

Rainwater radiation

#4 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Bob,

Sad situation we have here. Who knows how this will turn out. On a side note I'm 53 years old and grew up in nort west Ohio, I remember when it was common for the US Government to do test nukes out west for years and people never thought a thing about it. In high school I did a report on these events. The study was very indepth and has much data about jet streams, winds alof and the general pattern of the toxic field. The area was easy to pinpoint actually and when this was put in graph form you could see exactly where it went. Then cross matching a yearly cancer rate in the country years later it was obvious that the US Government was directly responsable, anyway you cut it. I have always been shocked that no human rights group, big time lawyers ever jumped on this except for the fact that you can't fight uncle sam.

Personally I have had many friends, family die from forms of this and in my heart I know.

As I said Im just surprised no one else in the midwest has put 2 + 2 together.

Sorry for going on, just been on my mind a very long time.

Hi opionated, good to hear from you, thanks very much for sharing your heartfelt comments about the tragedy that befell your family and friends and the lack of outrage and concern about the indifference to the plight of your family and friends. I feel very much for you, your family and your friends and for what they have suffered over the years and continue to suffer. You are doing a service by sharing your experience-thanks again.

Best to you and your family,

Bob
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

Bob,

Sad situation we have here. Who knows how this will turn out. On a side note I'm 53 years old and grew up in nort west Ohio, I remember when it was common for the US Government to do test nukes out west for years and people never thought a thing about it. In high school I did a report on these events. The study was very indepth and has much data about jet streams, winds alof and the general pattern of the toxic field. The area was easy to pinpoint actually and when this was put in graph form you could see exactly where it went. Then cross matching a yearly cancer rate in the country years later it was obvious that the US Government was directly responsable, anyway you cut it. I have always been shocked that no human rights group, big time lawyers ever jumped on this except for the fact that you can't fight uncle sam.

Personally I have had many friends, family die from forms of this and in my heart I know.

As I said Im just surprised no one else in the midwest has put 2 + 2 together.

Sorry for going on, just been on my mind a very long time.

Lots of people get cancer way ahead of their time these days(i.e. 50's), I don't believe it's because of junk food either.

#6 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hi everyone, according a report from english.kyodonews.jp, "Gov't aware of possibility of reactor core's meltdown before quake."

Bob-C

#7 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "Nuclear Expert: Periodic nuclear fissions happening in part of No. 1′s reactor core — 'Inadvertent criticality' (VIDEO) April 3rd, 2011 at 10:04 PM." The report explains:

Newly released TEPCO data provides evidence of periodic chain reaction at Fukushima Unit 1, Fairewinds Associates, April 4, 2011:

Transcript Summary

• TEPCO report on April 1 says Te-129 found (70 minute half life) in reactor 1… can only exist if there's been a fission in the last 12 hours
  • High levels of I-131 10 times higher in No. 1 than 2 and 3
  • I think No. 1 has a part of its reactor core that is undergoing periodic nuclear fissions… inadvertent criticality
  • A portion of the core is periodically turning itself on without human intervention
  • Water causes chain reaction to begin, when water boils off, it stops

Bob-C

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

Don't worry Bob they are stuffing newspapers into the leak. :huh:

Mix of sawdust, shredded newspaper and diaper chemicals fail to plug leak at Japan nuke plant - Kyodo http://bit.ly/eVNqII

#9 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

Mix of sawdust, shredded newspaper and diaper chemicals fail to plug leak at Japan nuke plant - Kyodo http://bit.ly/eVNqII

Good to hear from you Rogerdodger, thanks for the update.

Bob

#10 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

:blink: :swoon:

Edited by milbank, 03 April 2011 - 09:50 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe