Photo

"Japan gov’t worried reactor buildings are in danger of collapse — 'We must devise some ways' to reinforce structures despite high radiation"...

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#11 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "Canadian political leader “shocked” by country’s Fukushima response — “Could not get answers”… Another accused of “fearmongering”April 14th, 2011 at 09:31 AM." The report states:[quote]Elevated radiation levels detected in Canada, Globe and Mail, April 12, 2011:

… [Health Canada] initially detected on March 18 that some radioactive material had travelled thousands of kilometres from Japan to Canada’s west coast. It was forced to issue a news release on Tuesday after opposition members raised the matter in the Ontario legislature during Question Period.

France Gélinas, health critic for the New Democrats, asked if government officials were testing the province’s milk supply for radiation levels. Energy Minister Brad Duguid accused Ms. Gélinas of “fearmongering” and did not answer the question. …

New Democrat Leader Andrea Horwath told reporters it is surprising that her party could not get answers from government officials during Question Period.

This is not a new issue,” she said. “I was quite shocked to learn that the government doesn’t seem to be on the ball when it comes to this issue.”

Read the report here.[quote]

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#12 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "Radiation level in groundwater up 1,000% in a week at Fukushima April 14th, 2011 at 10:08 AM." The report states:

yodo, 9:00 am EDT:

NEWS ADVISORY: Groundwater radiation level rose 10-fold in 1 week at nuke plant: TEPCO

Read the report here.

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#13 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "Japanese expert: Gov’t may have delayed Level 7 rating 'to ease people into the harshness of the reality'April 14th, 2011 at 10:59 AM." The report states:

Huge radiation release led to severity hike, The Yomiuri Shimbun, April 14, 2011:

The government upgraded the severity of the crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant to Level 7… was the decision made too slowly?…

Hirotada Hirose, a disaster expert and former professor at Tokyo Woman’s Christian University, said, “I wonder if the government treated the [nuclear crisis] as a political matter just to try to prevent causing panic and further problems. It’s possible political considerations drove them to downplay the situation in the early stages.”

“The government might’ve wanted to ease people into the harshness of the reality. But if reassuring information is the main priority, people won’t be able to properly prepare for a disaster and distrust in the government will grow,” he said.

Read the report here.

Bob-C

#14 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Bob Thanks for staying current and passing info on. I watched a japanese documentary on Chernobyl yesterday. Many expensive centuries ahead just to keep rehiding the problems as they emerge.

#15 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

Bob Thanks for staying current and passing info on.

I watched a japanese documentary on Chernobyl yesterday. Many expensive centuries ahead just to keep
rehiding the problems as they emerge.

Hi Jack, good to hear from you. :) Thanks for your support and encouragement. :) Like you, I feel both for the victims of the Japan and Chernobyl nuclear disasters and for everyone around the world facing radiation of all kinds continuously leaking out into the air and the ocean currents from Fukushima. I agree with you that the current radiation problems and any potential future radiation problems that may arise anywhere in the world must not be suppressed by worldwide governments, private enterprise, and/or any other organizations or individuals.

Have a happy and successful trading day.

Best,

Bob

#16 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

Hi everyone, according to an article from enenews.com, "Fukushima forecast shows large radiation cloud over U.S. West Coast on April 14, 15 (VIDEO) April 14th, 2011 at 12:16 PM." The article points out

Fukushima Potential Releases, Xe-133 Total Column for April 14-April 18, 2011, Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU), April 14, 2011:*"These products are highly uncertain based on limited information for the source terms. Please use with caution and understand that the values are likely to change once we obtain more information on the overall nature of the accident." -NILU

Bob-C

#17 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hi everyone, according to an article from enenews.com, "Iodine-131 in No. 4 spent fuel pool at 22,000 times above normalApril 14th, 2011 at 02:24 PM." The report further explains:

Japan to Assess Its Dumping of Toxic Water, Wall Street Journal, April 14, 2011:

… A new concern arose late Wednesday with the discovery that the radioactivity of water in reactor No. 4′s spent fuel pool was vastly higher than normal. A sample of water taken Tuesday contained 220 becquerels of iodine-131 per cubic centimeter. That compares with a level of just 0.01 becquerels or less for normal spent fuel pools. Such pools hold previously used nuclear fuel, allowing it to slowly cool down over a matter of years. …

Read the report here.

Bob-C

#18 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

Hi everyone, according to an article from enenews.com, "Authorities: Sudden increase in temperature near No. 3 pressure vessel April 14th, 2011 at 03:09 PM." The report states"

Japan to Assess Its Dumping of Toxic Water, Wall Street Journal, April 14, 2011:

… Authorities also reported that there had been a sudden increase in the temperature near the pressure vessel of reactor No. 3, rising from 170 degrees Celsius on Tuesday to about 250 degrees on Thursday. The temperature remained little changed in other parts of the vessel, however. A Tepco spokesman said the observed increase might be due to a faulty gauge, and workers would investigate further. Reactor 3 has had the lowest temperatures of the three units and isn’t considered to be at an immediate risk of overheating.

Read the report here.

Bob-C

#19 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

Hi everyone, according to an article from enenews.com, "'New burst of radioactive material' emitted from Fukushima after 'bungled' cooling effort April 14th, 2011 at 03:55 PM." The report states:

Japan Plant Emits More Radiation After Cooling Lapse, National Journal’s Global Security Newswire, April 14, 2011:

The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan emitted a new burst of radioactive material this week after a bungled cooling effort apparently affected spent atomic fuel in the site’s No. 4 reactor cooling pond, the Associated Press reported…

Read the report here.

Bob-C

#20 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:31 PM

Hi everyone, according to an article from enenews.com, "Cesium-137 forecast shows 'near surface' radiation cloud over Texas, Southwest US on April 15, 16 (VIDEO) April 14th, 2011 at 09:02 PM." the article explains:

Potential dispersion of the radioactive cloud after a nuclear accident in Fukushima, EURAD project via Rhenish Institute for Environmental Research at the University of Cologne, April 14, 2011:

The Northern Hemisphere, near surface, through April 16

Posted Image April 16 at 8 pm UTC

This animation displays a potential dispersion of the radioactive cloud (Caesium 137 Isotope) after a nuclear accident in reactor Fukushima I. The continuous release rate is very uncertain, thus the calculations have to be interpreted qualitatively.

Dispersion in the near surface level (Level 1)

EURAD project

Bob-C