What Would You Ask Ben?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

Until Fib's question is posed and answered, it will remain "just" a conspiracy theory. There's a conspiracy for you.

#22 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:21 AM

Mr Ben do you or your family own Gold or Silver, if yes, whats the percentage composition................
Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading

#23 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

Mr. B, since you have explicitly stated that the Fed works to create a rising stock market, what are your market benchmarks and the price objectives for them?

#24 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

First, congratulations on pulling the US back from the brink of financial collapse. So far so good. I would like to know Dr., what is the one looming problem overhanging the financial system today that has the FED MOST worried? mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#25 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

Or this one: "Dr. Bernanke, Congress is about to bump up against the statutory debt ceiling of $14.294 trillion, and the federal government shows no sign of being able to keep from exceeding that number. Some members of Congress are adamant about not allowing that debt ceiling to be raised any further. At the same time, the Federal Reserve currently holds $2.6 trillion of Treasury debt. Given that the Federal Reserve is an arm of the federal government, have you had any discussions with Secretary Geithner about making a legal determination that the Fed's holdings should be deducted from the total debt, allowing the Treasury Department to continue issuing more debt without exceeding the debt ceiling?"

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#26 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

"One Question, One Question Only". You are breaking rules, sir! Hmmm, that could bring up another several questions for Mr B. :lol:

#27 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

You're part of the press pool for Wednesday's NEWS conference...what serious question would you ask the Chairman?

Ok! I'll have a go.... B)

"Mr Chairman does this first ever Fed news-conference,with more to follow prove that you and the Fed are worried about a perceived 'credibility' gap

between your collective actions/statements since 2007/08 and the folks who live on main street(i.e..the real world folks) hence you can't build any genuine confidence in

the USA and it's consumers/citizens?"

Regards.V

#28 CRUISENAL

CRUISENAL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hey Ben,

Are you telling us the truth? Why Yes I am.

YOUR FIRED!

You're part of the press pool for Wednesday's NEWS conference...what serious question would you ask the Chairman?

Fib

Edited by CRUISENAL, 27 April 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#29 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

How about this one?

"Dr. Bernanke, it is the mission of the New York Fed to make sure that the overnight auctions of excess reserves among member banks take place at a Fed Funds rate which is close to the target that the FOMC sets. Back in September 2008, just ahead of the Lehman collapse, the target rate was 2.0%, but the effective rate was allowed to rise all the way up to 2.64%, and it got as high as 2.80% just after Lehman declared bankruptcy. The resulting collapse of the stock market was a big factor in terms of tipping the presidential election to then-Senator Obama. At the time of the Lehman collapse, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner was the president of the New York Fed, with the responsibility of making sure that the overnight auctions see plentiful enough liquidity to hit the Fed Funds target. Secretary Geithner clearly did not do that in September 2008, and now he works as Treasury Secretary for the president whose election he brought about by failing to manage the liquidity of the banking system. Does that chain of events lead you to wonder what part the Obama campaign team may have had in bringing about one of the worst financial crises in our nation's history?"

Ben would probably leave the building on that one. :lol:

Hmmm, i so innocently believed that this housing bubble and derivatives mess were what lead to the crises. The real truth was causing a global financial destruction to get a certain president elected eh ?. :lol: Nice conspiracy theory. I will give you 1/10 for attempting. :P

:lol:

You could see what was coming years before Obama was a speck on the radar. Certainly it was obvious by early 2007. Heck, we were talking about the situation at FF by late 2006.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#30 eafetrader

eafetrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

Q: When is the first rate hike.