MARKET THOUGHTS Dark Cloud warning

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

i dint see anything special in my inbox from USGS - could you please give an old-fashioned explanation ( a, then b kindof thing) TIA PS thanks Mr Dev - your insights always worthwhile and appreciated

Edited by dasein, 09 May 2011 - 04:32 PM.

best,
klh

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

I hear that a certain "Iron" "Atlas" is moving to Tulsa from Vegas via Denver. That could be the trigger. :lol: Then again it could be the pre eclipse top at month's end.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 May 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

Laundry mentions McClellan's post about the fading of copper pointing to trouble, and not just a 4 day decline.

5 Charts: http://ttheory.typep...rts20110509.pdf
Audio explanation:

http://www.mcoscilla...traders_report/
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 May 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#14 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Mr Dev: I've noticed that nearly everytime you come to the board in recent months you've either had a sell signal, or had a dire warning. As far as I know, everyone of them wrong. No problem with that....it's just the lack of follow-up, lack of stop, lack of knowing when your prediction is either right or wrong. Good luck with this latest prediction. See you next time you reappear.

#15 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

btw go thunder

I hear that a certain "Iron" "Atlas" is moving to Tulsa from Vegas via Denver.
That could be the trigger. :lol:

Then again it could be the pre eclipse top at month's end.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#16 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

reeeally?

charts are doing the talking here ... and these things don't come up every other week, and i don't flagrantly post ...... or warn .

Index Trader simply ignore my post please... surely it must be a waste of your time, but try to be a bit more progressive in nature and never regressive ..till then.

:bowtie:

Mr Dev:

I've noticed that nearly everytime you come to the board in recent months you've either had a sell signal, or had a dire warning. As far as I know, everyone of them wrong. No problem with that....it's just the lack of follow-up, lack of stop, lack of knowing when your prediction is either right or wrong. Good luck with this latest prediction. See you next time you reappear.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#17 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

i just listened to the audio .. ...wow ..what a coincidence ... this came out today ? when do these normally come out ?

this would certainly support again a bit of what im seeing .. or what more than a few of us here are seeing . yes ?

Laundry mentions McClellan's post about the fading of copper pointing to trouble, and not just a 4 day decline.

5 Charts: http://ttheory.typep...rts20110509.pdf
Audio explanation:

http://www.mcoscilla...traders_report/
Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 09 May 2011 - 07:41 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#18 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

rhetorically..would you like me to do a follow up to my last post which was on April 19th...

... when i was exiting gold and pointed to what could be a "quick test of support".. ie xau 210.. just two weeks ahead of what was this serious Pullback in the Metals and Commods.... ???

Visit it Here first.. !

don't kill the messenger

Mr Dev:

I've noticed that nearly everytime you come to the board in recent months you've either had a sell signal, or had a dire warning. As far as I know, everyone of them wrong. No problem with that....it's just the lack of follow-up, lack of stop, lack of knowing when your prediction is either right or wrong. Good luck with this latest prediction. See you next time you reappear.

Edited by Mr Dev, 09 May 2011 - 08:01 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#19 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

Looks like a good time for caution. Banks and GS are still tanking. Plus the union leader Lerner is calling for people to stop paying their mortgage and an effort to take down JP Moragn and wall street in May.Will be interesting to see if anything comes about.. Mar 22, 2011 .. former SEIU leader Steven Lerner lays out a plan to attack JP Morgan Chase. ... going to take down a major U.S. bank in May and how they were going to collapse the

#20 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

Maybe we're not thinking big enough.

What would bring this about ; make it more than acceptable to the masses -

Policymakers learn a new and alarming catchphrase
by Gillian Tett, FT.com

...A few weeks ago, Carmen Reinhart ... produced a joint paper for the International Monetary Fund on the topic of “financial repression” in the West. And while this phrase is not yet mainstream news, it is starting to generate a buzz among the policy elite...

The issue ... revolves around the question of where investors “choose” to put their money. During the past three decades, western savers have generally assumed they could put their money wherever they wanted, since financial markets were organized according to the mantra of globalization and free market capitalism... But as Ms Reinhart and Belen Sbrancia, her colleague, point out, this freedom was unusual..., from the 1940s to the 1980s, western governments operated capital controls and interest rate caps that restricted financial flows, limiting investor choice. ...

Ms Reinhart and Ms Sbrancia argue that these controls also had a crucial fiscal impact. After the second world war, the debt of the advanced economies spiraled to about 90 per cent of gross domestic product ... which meant western governments desperately needed to find investors to buy the bonds.

One consequence of the controls was they created a captive domestic audience for those bonds. Better still, because these bonds paid a yield lower than inflation, ... they effectively paid a hidden subsidy to the government, enabling them to reduce the debt.

Ms Reinhart and Ms Sbrancia argue the world has forgotten that the widespread system of financial repression “played an instrumental role in reducing or ‘liquidating’ the massive stocks of debt accumulated during World War II”. ...

[S]ome free-market economists ... argue “repression” crimps private sector investments, thus undermining growth. But postwar politicians clearly decided this was a price worth paying to cut debt and avoid outright default or draconian spending cuts. And the longer the gridlock over fiscal reform rumbles on, the greater the chance that “repression” comes to be seen as the least of all evils...

http://investor.news...d?GUID=18404380
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?