bottoming

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#171 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

dharma: if we assume August high, that would auger for s serious pullback, but for how long do you think?

#172 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

dharma: if we assume August high, that would auger for s serious pullback, but for how long do you think?

dougie, i threw my turban away!
dharma

#173 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

dougie, i threw my turban away!
dharma

:guru: dharma :guru:

#174 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

I dunno dharma: your turban seems to have served us all well here for many moons

#175 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

this move has to do w/the 22month cycle highs. which are due august/october. take @look @past cycle highs, we have consistently gone into mini parabolics or price spikes. above 1750 and we could very well have a run. now keep in mind that there is strong selling area 1600-1640, so i dont know where the top will be. i want to be available so i can listen to what the market is saying . and it is saying , i am working in here. coiling for an assault on 1600. the other team has its plan as well. and they are @the center of the chess board. remember the hunts were fed to the banksters. i dont want to be their lunch. notice that while the market should correct to absorb this run of price appreciation, the correction is just chewing up time, price is not backing off much/if @all. miners and silver are in sync. silver =informed speculation. now i have no idea how these 2 will perform however, i want to make a note. i have studied edwards and maghee, i dont see h&s patterns often they mark the highs(not a high) or the low. it is a distribution/accumulation pattern which marks the turnaround jag appears to me to be in that pattern w/a break over the neckline and then a backtest of the neckline(now). if you are interested in buying or not take a look i am in accumulation mode, buying weakness. elygf is speculative , very speculative. i have a bunch of this type of issue. if i am lucky one or 2 may materialize into a homer. i like this pattern as well as always do your own due diligence. its your money. i may turn out to be a 12 yr old kid on a computer. come to your own conclusions. money is about to become scarce. remember inflations destroy the pp of the currency thanks dougie, @different times different stratigies need to be employed and in here, i want to have my nose to the ground. use your oscillators to determine the bottom, on bottoms they will be effective. there is potential here for a run! dharma

#176 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

jesse “Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make the big money.” this is now my motto for the remainder of this bull dharma

#177 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

man is that a hard lesson to learn though~~~ every time i sell i buy back higher ckg, Ngd, etce et cecetc

#178 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

man is that a hard lesson to learn though~~~
every time i sell i buy back higher

ckg, Ngd, etce et cecetc

yes, i had to learn that one as newbie, late 79 -early 80 i did a string of those. and if you are not over trading, then you notice its better to just hold. and that is the hardest thing. the trader always feels they have to be doing something. the truth is , in a bull market the best performance is find good stocks, buy em right, and just hold em. the problem today is there are many new explorers in all parts of the world . so knowledge of the miners is an evolving process. no one said its going to be easy. and when the bull is finished and we look back @the chart. its going to be quite easy to say , why didnt i just hold em!
dharma
what if it is a mirror of last time w/the miners rising for 9-10months while gold/silver have topped and starting on the downside. think that is going to be easy?

#179 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

man is that a hard lesson to learn though~~~
every time i sell i buy back higher

ckg, Ngd, etce et cecetc

yes, i had to learn that one as newbie, late 79 -early 80 i did a string of those. and if you are not over trading, then you notice its better to just hold. and that is the hardest thing. the trader always feels they have to be doing something. the truth is , in a bull market the best performance is find good stocks, buy em right, and just hold em. the problem today is there are many new explorers in all parts of the world . so knowledge of the miners is an evolving process. no one said its going to be easy. and when the bull is finished and we look back @the chart. its going to be quite easy to say , why didnt i just hold em!
dharma
what if it is a mirror of last time w/the miners rising for 9-10months while gold/silver have topped and starting on the downside. think that is going to be easy?

dharma:

I always start small and then add based on chart action in building positions - stop-losses are normally mental only, otherwise you can get whipsawed out of your position - I also take "partial profits" along the waypoints. Keeps me "in" core positions.

For example bought Exeter Resources for the "spin-off" of Extorre (0.5% position). Doubled-up on breakout of wedge last summer and again on the breakout in February - now a 5% position. Have been contemplating taking some "off the table" for Wave 4 - not yet though. Counting Waves and using trendlines helps me manage risk and build positions.

http://stockcharts.c...5905&r=5895.png

stubaby

Note: Added to existing positions in SSPXF end of last month and RIOAF during the April swoon - both were easy BUYS, but HOLDING the existing shares down to the entry price was the difficult part for me. Adding to winners and selling losers sounds easy, but it's really the hardest thing to execute!

#180 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

dharma: How about a "new thread" next week - "Point of Recognition"? stubaby B) :numchuk: :ninja: