bottoming

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

the dollar is up and euro is taking a hit today is monday all fiats are paper promises. there is no intrinsic worth. its only a promise. so relative to each other anything can happen. the cots are bullish especially for silver. i am still awaiting a close over 1513. then 1531 for game on. yes there are fib points between here and 1531. i go by market parameters that i have. you can feel the deflationary tug , it is palatable. yes qe2 will end, but the line of qes no matter what they are called will continue. otherwise we are starring down the rabbit hole. gold will still do well in a deflation. cycles pointing up till near the end of june/early july. so , i defer to the cycles. the broads are in trouble. bonds will get a respite here as the johnny come lately seek the protection of bonds. hey bonds have been in a bull for 31 years. cbs hold gold. so should i. and their stash keeps growing. dharma

#22 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

so Senor: you are ruling out one more high for broad markets, and now moves higher in here for miners?You are short then right?

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

one factor i forgot to put in this am is gold in euros remains firm. i would like to see a breakout in that chart to bring in more buyers. remember gold is traded in all currencies, not just dollars. we may get that soon. if anyone knows how to post charts, that chart would interest alot of people dharma

#24 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

From Jordon Roy-Byrne, CMT, of the The Daily Gold:

Posted Image

Edited by alysomji, 23 May 2011 - 11:52 AM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#25 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

I think we will see gold below $1300 later this summer.

The question is, is the current rally off the Jan. low at $1309 over yet? Until price accepts below $1462, I would suggest no - especially with bullish sentiment already falling as much as it has. That leads me to believe gold will at least re-test if not break above $1575 to conclude this rally (perhaps at $1600-1625, for example) as long as price does not accept below $1462.

Senor, if you are bearish on gold right here (I'm not talking about several weeks from here, but right at this moment), then you should know that there many on your side - which should make you uncomfortable.

IMO whether gold rallies to one more new high or not it immaterial to me, as I have said before stock market will take a big hit as deflationary wave begins from now thru summer into Fall, mining stocks will get taken down with market, HUI to low 430's is a minimum IMO.

NO BS

Senor

I think you're at least a few weeks early.

There will be a deflation scare, I think, probably beginning in the mid-June to mid-July time frame, that I expect US stocks and commodities, including gold, to get hit fairly hard by going into late summer and perhaps early fall.

The Dollar is getting ready to do a retrace of its recent rally off the low at 72.69, IMHO, and I think it will be a 62-100% retrace and last at least a couple of weeks. I'm looking for a new high in gold before the Dollar can rally much further than it has, in other words. I expect a new high in US stocks for the year as well, and think the gold miners could do well here.

Of course, if there is acceptance in gold below $1462, then all bets are off.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#26 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

so Senor: you are ruling out one more high for broad markets, and now moves higher in here for miners?You are short then right?

ruling out uno more Dow high? No, it is possible Dow goes up one more time, I have done some bueno trading on the short side in the miner's using Dust and it's worked out well. My main positions are in EUO double short Euro and YCS double short Yen, muy happy with those.

NO BS

Senor

#27 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

thanks gold: yen looks bullish

#28 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

thanks
gold: yen looks bullish

whatever you say amigo, Yen does not look bullish to Senor, gold will probably hold up best of all commods but still correct this summer

BSing away

Senor

#29 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

that was gold:yen it is a ratio

#30 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts