• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

Zzzzzz.

What do you mean? I guess it's boring for someone who's never traded currencies or anything else other than the ES. You're a one-trick pony, aren't you?! Been using that Zzzzz a lot lately?

Maybe support on the indices broke is what happened?

And, what do you mean "Maybe"? So you don't know? Which one took place first? The support break or the Dollar move?

You don't know anything, and you didn't want to learn. All you wanted to do is fall asleep?

BTW, no more 100% probability calls? "Maybe" try that previous 99% call again.

Edited by TechMan, 24 May 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#22 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

Zzzzzz.

What do you mean? I guess it's boring for someone who's never traded currencies or anything else other than the ES. You're a one-trick pony, aren't you?! Been using that Zzzzz a lot lately?

And, what do you mean "Maybe"? So you don't know? Which one took place first? The support break or the Dollar move?

You don't know anything, and you didn't want to learn. All you wanted to do is fall asleep?

Hi TechMan, I'm looking foward to your latest QQQ and AAPL charts and COT analysis. :) IMHO, the EUR is heading to 135.

Keep up your good work. :)

Best,

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#23 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:42 PM

FWIW-I'm looking for a hard gap down reversal in the moring-I just hope they don't bottom it overnight. Should also create a short term top in the dollar-it will NOT see 78 on this leg. After the reversal, a 25-27 point SPX short scorch-then the real down game begins.(1216.80)

No one knows for sure what is next, we may even have already seen a truncated 5th(rebound from TL break).

Only the future will tell who knows what. I posted what I did because of the internals structure and my wave count here. I'm confident in the outcome enough to post it-in the next day, and week-we'll find out, eh? Don't be confused though-this is not a "nobody knows" market. Some know more, some know less. The more solid tools you have, the more "crap shoot" you can take out of the picture. I've found this market to be fairly predictable, and very tradeable-chop and all.

I believe firmly that oils will benefit most from the upcoming bounce, as well=lets see how that plays out.

#24 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

Zzzzzz.

Well I don't know wtf is going on with dollar, but GS issued last week a prediction of EUR/USD of 1.45 to hit..

And I really don't like how much small speculators been piling into USD lately in COT...

Posted Image
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#25 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

Hi TechMan, I'm looking foward to your latest QQQ and AAPL charts and COT analysis. :) IMHO, the EUR is heading to 135.

Best,

Bob-C

Thanks, Bob. The trading's been hectic the past 2 days trying to take full advantage of this downdraft, but I'll post new market analysis soon.

As for the euro, we're pretty close. I have 1.340 in mind, which is the 61.8% of that Fibonacci Arc shown below. But first, it has to take out that 38.2%, or approx. 1.395-1.400 area.

And, dcengr, you know better than taking any analyst's call at face value. I'm surprised you even brought that up. Also, small specs really have no discernible correlation with the Dollar movement.

Posted Image

Edited by TechMan, 25 May 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#26 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

Zzzzzz.

I've traded currencies. I'd rather spend my time deeply understanding a single vehicle. I'll be a one trick pony all day if it benefits me.

How come you attribute every move in equities to the dollar? 1310.75ES broke and stops were hit...Nasdaq made new lows as well. That is the reason for the quick drop, not the dollar.

My calls (and trades) have worked out, that is all that matters. You can cry 100% all you like. :cry2:

Edited by orange, 25 May 2011 - 12:15 AM.

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#27 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

And, dcengr, you know better than taking any analyst's call at face value. I'm surprised you even brought that up. Also, small specs really have no discernible correlation with the Dollar movement.

I'm not. But GS makes some good calls. Like everyone, they take a bit of heat like their oil call. But it's based on something.

I've showed my dollar model before.. you can search back for it. I predicted an initial jump then a dump to lower lows like months ago.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#28 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

I've showed my dollar model before.. you can search back for it. I predicted an initial jump then a dump to lower lows like months ago.

I know. And that's the problem. I've always told you that I'm with you on that, but the question is always when. My point is this. Following the Dollar has been working out really well for me, so why not just take advantage of this opportunity for now rather than fighting it?

#29 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

Best,

Bob-C

Thanks, Bob. The trading's been hectic the past 2 days trying to take full advantage of this downdraft, but I'll post new market analysis soon.

As for the euro, we're pretty close. I have 1.340 in mind, which is the 61.8% of that Fibonacci Arc shown below. But first, it has to take out that 38.2%, or approx. 1.395-1.400 area.

Posted Image

You're welcome TechMan, thanks for the EUR/USD chart, currency analysis, and EUR projections-you've been right on target. :) Go Techman Go!

Have a happy and successful trading day.

Bob
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#30 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

I've traded currencies. I'd rather spend my time deeply understanding a single vehicle. I'll be a one trick pony all day if it benefits me.

O.K. then answer my simple question again. Which occurred first, the Dollar jump or the support break?

How come you attribute every move in equities to the dollar? 1310.75ES broke and stops were hit...Nasdaq made new lows as well. That is the reason for the quick drop, not the dollar.

If you don't understand the power of currencies as well as all the comments that I've written about their influence, then there's nothing I can teach you. You may find it boring due to your lack of desire to learn and understand, but the readership counts of my threads indicate that's an important issue that has a lot to do with what's going on in the market right now.

Edited by TechMan, 25 May 2011 - 12:34 AM.