• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

I highly doubt we will see the bottom before 1300 is breeched, I think MacroSpeculator covered early, or let's say he should've taken partial profits and left in there a bit. This is what I did. I am fairly certain that this market will not bottom overnight actually. Why should it?

Edited by arbman, 25 May 2011 - 12:33 AM.

#32 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

O.K. then answer my simple question again. Which occurred first, the Dollar jump or the support break?

Neither, they move in sync.

If you don't understand the power of currencies as well as all the comments that I've written about their influence, then there's nothing I can teach you. You may find it boring due to your lack of desire to learn and understand, but the readership counts of my threads indicate that's an important issue that has a lot to do with what's going on in the market right now.

Oh please. You may find it difficult to except the obvious, but Nasdaq and S&P futures broke support. You can't blame that on the dollar in this instance, but you can certainly keep trying.

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#33 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

O.K. then answer my simple question again. Which occurred first, the Dollar jump or the support break?

Neither, they move in sync.

Wrong answer. Didn't even know where to look up, did you?

Oh please. You may find it difficult to except the obvious, but Nasdaq and S&P futures broke support. You can't blame that on the dollar in this instance, but you can certainly keep trying.

Well, if you can't get the answer right, then I can't help you with your ignorance.

#34 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

Wrong answer. Didn't even know where to look up, did you?

Make more baseless assumptions, at least its something your good at. Sure the dollar moved, but the quick dropped occurred because stops were hit.

Well, if you can't get the answer right, then I can't help you with your ignorance.

Keep crying :cry:

#35 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

Make more baseless assumptions, at least its something your good at. Sure the dollar moved, but the quick dropped occurred because stops were hit.

Since you don't know the answer to a simple technical question, it's not a "baseless" assumption.

Keep crying :cry:

You're the one should be crying, not me.

#36 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

ROFL techman and orange have now gone kindergarden. Please stop! Orange is long, tech is short. Only one can be right tomorrow. So lets see who wins.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#37 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

So lets see who wins.

And, that's not kindergarten?

That's not even the point. When someone like Orange that keeps making 99%, 100% calls that were wrong, it's obvious he doesn't know much about the financial markets. Someone like that should be asking questions and learning rather than falling asleep and dismissing things that may make him a better trader.

#38 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:08 AM

So lets see who wins.

And, that's not kindergarten?

That's not even the point. When someone like Orange that keeps making 99%, 100% calls that were wrong, it's obvious he doesn't know much about the financial markets. Someone like that should be asking questions and learning rather than falling asleep and dismissing things that may make him a better trader.

I trade based solely on technicals and statistics on the SPX. Its a probabilistic trade value based on a set of data. How you still do not understand this is beyond me. Keep bringing it up, all those calls turned into winning trades.

9/10 trades I've posted on this board have been correct, that's more than you can say.

I've dismissed nothing.

Edited by orange, 25 May 2011 - 02:09 AM.

#39 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

I trade based solely on technicals and statistics on the SPX. Its a probabilistic trade value based on a set of data. How you still do not understand this is beyond me. Keep bringing it up, all those calls turned into winning trades.

9/10 trades I've posted on this board have been correct, that's more than you can say.

I don't know about your trades, and I'm certainly not interested in looking them up. I'll try to keep track of your trades from now on, so that I'll have new materials to "keep bringing it up".

I've dismissed nothing.

Well, you've just dissed the currencies effects on the market without even looking them up.

Edited by TechMan, 25 May 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#40 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

Currency movements in the short-term are generally extremely difficult to predict. There are forex brokerage statistics showing that more short-term traders lose money trading in forex than in any other asset class. Given that, I imagine trying to predict forex movements in order to predict the movement of equity indices such as the S&P is extremely difficult if not impossible to do in even a reasonably consistent fashion, at least in the short-term. Furthermore, any edge gained by analyzing forex could not possibly be substantial and can certainly be done without if one is monitoring supply and demand statistics to determine where the S&P is likely headed next - as the impact of the Dollar would be seen in such statistics. I've kept track of some of Orange's posts and I think I can say that he's more often right than wrong, for sure - and perhaps much more often right than wrong (not sure...feel free to look into it). I like reading his posts and I like his methodology because his process (based on statistics, pattern recognition, and probability-weighted scenarios) is the type often used by the few consistently successful traders out there (and it is essentially the same process I use as well). TechMan, I would not be surprised if we compare Orange's track record to yours and Orange comes out at least marginally ahead, if not significantly ahead.

Edited by alysomji, 25 May 2011 - 05:41 AM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months