cycle top in view

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#21 Psycho

Psycho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

I sold another 10% of my miners today. I feel good about taking the profits. Still plan to buy back if/when we get a dip.

#22 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

With successfull test of 2 tredlines and a move above a 3rd - Cluster of "TERMINAL" upside targets in view:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=W&yr=3&mn=8&dy=0&i=p37095527329&a=205151058&r=2994.png

stubaby

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

your pictures are worth a 1000 words stubaby! the market is creating long bullish tails on the daily charts. i dont think we are on our way yet. have to create more doubt in joes mind. this aug2nd date is being tossed around like a salad(?). its like the whole usa will collapse aug2. give me a break. the real issue is not being addressed, and that is the debt, not the debt ceiling. the debt is the real issue. the world is drowning in debt. which is the demise of the fiat ponzi scheme. in a democracy, folks realize they can get what they want from pressuring politicians. and the politicians want to get reelected . and there you have the whole loop. i dont think we are ready to rumble yet. more doubt will be created. keep your eyes on the 22 month cycle and note the tops that it has created in the past, each one has been a blast, and of course each one ended in a thud. many miners exhibit large pennant formations , which is a consolidation pattern for higher prices. i dont like using margin, but if something i like gets taken to the woodshed i will accumulate. july is not the time for the highs, aug/oct is. use the time to get your positions where you want them. buy weakness is the drill. there are several potential catalysts out there. which ones will come to light remains to be seen dharma

#24 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Interesting Analysis from Abigail Doolittle:

Peak Theories Research

stubaby

#25 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Anyone else notice that for the last couple of weeks, when the main market is up gold and gold stocks are down. Gold seems to be trading in the same direction as the USD lately. Do you think gold stocks are starting to look like a safe haven?

#26 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Interesting Analysis from Abigail Doolittle:

Peak Theories Research

stubaby

his thoughts are similar to mine. 1549 was tough resistance, might that be tested as suppot. his #s of 1630 and 1690 are interesting , 1750 is much more compelling. certainly volatility will be increasing..i am not doing a thing in here. just waiting . and waiting. july is not the month for a top. august has some interesting possibilities. all of this in here is noise. i wonder how many positions will be discarded in the noise. patience here. the safe haven is the metals. the miners are the vehicle to capitalize on their movements. equities attract alot more folks, its something they can relate to.
dharma

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

after 10-11 up days in a row for gold a pause was the order of the day. 1750 is my target for this leg. it is a reference point for me. not a point that i hold onto due/or die. there are so many irons in the fire. i am sitting tight for now. 1621 ends this price cycle. dharma

#28 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

KWN Interview with Rick Rule July 21, 2011 - Juniors to Rocket Because of Discovery & Consolidation
Peace
johngeorge

#29 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

holding below 1603 , this is the resistance. everyone is looking @the round #. dharma

#30 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

This chart implies a late August peak in gold:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:$USD&p=D&yr=2&mn=6&dy=0&i=p01515471500&a=225295472&r=2615.png

stubaby :o