Need for a new forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

It looks like there are many too many threads being deleted. I suspect this will be one of them just because the admins can't stand any sort of disagreement with their ideology whatever it might be. I think there is a need for a trader forum that transcends all ideology and just focuses on all trading beliefs, disagreeable though they might be to some. I don't think trader-talk is the one for it though with their lack of openness. Go ahead delete this too, make my day!

#2 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

Let me also say bye bye! :lol:

#3 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

In the process let me also point out that admins [Mark in particular] do not reply to your queries. He does not even have the courtesy to reply to your messages after 2-3 weeks. So what is the point of staying around?

Edited by Will, 20 September 2011 - 10:14 PM.

#4 voecklen

voecklen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

Will, I am unaware of threads being deleted. Could you explain further. Your thread last week about your performance was astounding. You certainly have my ear.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

See TOS. There is a lot of political news and some of us want to cheer for our candidates, etc. That is specifically not allowed here. Neither is name calling. Another guy had more than one identity here and was congratulating himself for his posts in another name. That is also not allowed... unless you have a note from your psychiatrist. :wacko: As for Mark...I can't believe what he has to put up with here at times and that's in addition to trying to have a life. I've always admired the way he deals with the sometimes elevated emotions. Probably the market adrenaline gets spilled over. I've sampled some Yahoo boards. I like it here better.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 September 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#6 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Will, Consider hanging on. Forum is maintained by professionals who are busy trading just like us. On one hand, we think we need to have a voice but on the other hand we should just stay silent if anything is done against what we write. Time is a factor and I reckon the moderators don't have too much time at hand to mull over issues like politics. Hang on buddy.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

Another guy had more than one identity here and was congratulating himself for his posts in another name.
That is also not allowed... unless you have a note from your psychiatrist. :wacko:

:lol:

As for Mark...I can't believe what he has to put up with here at times and that's in addition to trying to have a life.
I've always admired the way he deals with the sometimes elevated emotions.
Probably the market adrenaline gets spilled over.

I've sampled some Yahoo boards. I like it here better.

Amen

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

I think there is a need for a trader forum that transcends all ideology and just focuses on all trading beliefs, disagreeable though they might be to some.

What you ask for is exactly what this forum is. "A trader forum that transcends all ideology and just focuses on all trading beliefs." Those posts and threads that violate the Terms of Service, are deleted from the forum. Those posters who continue to not transcend all ideology and just focus on all trading beliefs as you put it, and in process, continue to violate the Terms Of Service are then put on Moderation. If they can still not transcend all ideology and just focus on all trading beliefs, they are banned.

It's that simple and for an ocassional few, that difficult. When you sign up for membership, you are told there are Terms of Service. That you should familiarize yourself with them. That you must obey them. Traders-Talk is for those who want to talk about trading. That's the focus Will. All trading ideologies are welcome. Those who are caught trying to game the boards are banned. Certain off topic things are permitted when the U.S. markets are closed. A good chuckle is always welcome but, there are some topics that anyone who reads the Terms Of Service knows are banned.

Trader-Talk has had these Terms Of Service and has been successfully fufilling its mission to be a discussion site for those serious about trading for almost two decades. If Traders-Talks' Terms Of Service are not for you, if you have other interests or types of "ideologies" that this site does not engage in, I suggest you look for a site that does cater to what you are interested in.

No one should "hang in" if Traders-Talk is not for them.

Edited by milbank, 20 September 2011 - 11:37 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#9 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Another guy had more than one identity here and was congratulating himself for his posts in another name.

:lol:

. . . And this just happened in the past few days. :headspin:

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#10 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

One more issue is that I have dealt with posts being deleted without any protest over last few years but when you get no response to your private messages over 2-3 weeks this time then it does look like they do not care.