Need for a new forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#21 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

So the post on the Bernank sitting in a bar getting sloshed and spilling his guts got deleted. Too bad. A classic. Will, you're not celebrating your recent success and imitating Bennie are you? :lol:

Yeah, a classic and that is the sad part just because its got a fbomb in it. No understanding of context here. George Carlin would be rolling in his grave!

#22 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

duplicate.........deleted

Seriously dude, you need to get more sex [if that word is allowed in this forum]!

I am pretty sure he cannot have sex in the forum as there is no physical space for that, perhaps virtual sex... :lol:

#23 Will

Will

• Traders-Talk User
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

You should use the word "screw" instead of f-bombs...

Mark probably doesn't care about your sorry excuse for any political posts, period. :D

So, why bother? I just got another one removed tonight, although I was pointing out the general stupidity of the political agenda shooting itself in the foot. Oh well...

Mark has been a hole to me. I cannot understand this hole that he is in but he must have a reason to be a hole that he is in. I wish him the f-bomb best!

Edited by Will, 21 September 2011 - 01:40 AM.

#24 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

You should use the word "screw" instead of f-bombs...

Mark probably doesn't care about your sorry excuse for any political posts, period. :D

So, why bother? I just got another one removed tonight, although I was pointing out the general stupidity of the political agenda shooting itself in the foot. Oh well...

Mark has been a hole to me. I cannot understand this hole that he is in but he must have a reason to be a hole that he is in. I wish him the f-bomb best!

Mark is generally pretty firm with people posting outside of the TOS. I don't think he responds to those comments, he didn't respond to mines either a few times, I honestly think he doesn't care. He uses the board to measure the sentiment, not for any political or satirical bias! :lol:

So, he is trying to keep the board sterile...

#25 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:17 AM

another guy had more than one identity here and was congratulating himself for his posts in another name

both of his personalities probably didn' t know that every machine is identified in internet by an ip address...............so that he needs a psychiatrist that is aware of ip's

Edited by andr99, 21 September 2011 - 04:18 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#26 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

There is no need for a new forum, the "need" is for everyone to share their ideas and thoughts in a reasonable, respectful, and non name calling mannner, it's that simple and what happens the vast majority of the time. A few from time to time don't follow those common decency rules, why I don't know, but it should not be tolerated IMO. Senor

#27 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

There is no need for a new forum, the "need" is for everyone to share their ideas and thoughts in a reasonable, respectful, and non name calling mannner, it's that simple and what happens the vast majority of the time. A few from time to time don't follow those common decency rules, why I don't know, but it should not be tolerated IMO.

Senor

I agree completely. However politics do affect trading (like terrorist threats, mideast unreast, potential bills coming from the Congress, etc...) as do weather (hurricanes, floods, etc). The problem I've had is that there is a deep hypocrisy. Some is allowed, but only if it agrees with Mark's political views (or climate views, too). And its random. I frequently read posts about our President referred to as "Obummer" for instance. Not a big deal, but disrespectful. Mark doesn't like our president, so it stands. The fall back line frequently is that its Mark's ball so we play by Mark's rules. Which, don't entirely fit the TOS all of the time. That's why I've been banned from this forum for a year or so, in spite of being one of the first members and a paying supporter. Random and rude. My comments are docile, relatively speaking. No where else in my life - I'm a 59 year old physician, educator and father of 4 graduate level kids, are my comments first "viewed" for appropriateness. It's demeaning. Like this post. Probably won't get posted.

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#28 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Nothing is EVER deleted, save duplicate posts and very occasional malicious spam. Things that disappear are made invisible. They're often right where they were and are being reviewed. If they need to be moved to a different forum, that's what we do. If they're just outside the TOS or in our view damaging to the forum, they go to a special archive. That way, I can find them if someone repeatedly violates the TOS, and I need to decided if it's a willful pattern. If I don't respond to a message, it's for one or two of just a couple reasons. One is, I'm swamped and don't have time and perhaps I missed it. Another is that I feel that the matter has been dealt with and no longer of much interest to the party. Another is that I view the message as just an attempt to evade the TOS or to annoy me for the fun of it. That doesn't happen often, but the mods know the type of people we've had to deal with in the past. Will's rant (and others that aren't available) indicates that he either hasn't read or doesn't care about the TOS. Let me be clear on a couple things. We don't ban bad language because we're prudish. We mods and admins all curse like sailors privately and to each other. We ban bad language because it's unprofessional and uncivil. We want a calm, thoughtful, civil environment where nobody is intimidated, or threatened, or feels attacked. We want this to be a collegial place and as such we push hard to have our language reflect the type of respect we have (or should have) for our fellow members. The rest of the world can be as profane, uncivil, and unprofessional as they want. We want to be something more and I think we generally succeed. I thank our moderators for their efforts in this regard. Mark Young Founder Traders-Talk

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#29 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

No one should "hang in" if Traders-Talk is not for them.

I used to like you milbank, now you are more of a A-bomb! = :rolleyes:

"I can't imagine why. . . [except if you are unable to emotionally handle the [truth]]."

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#30 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

There is no need for a new forum, the "need" is for everyone to share their ideas and thoughts in a reasonable, respectful, and non name calling mannner, it's that simple and what happens the vast majority of the time. A few from time to time don't follow those common decency rules, why I don't know, but it should not be tolerated IMO.

Senor

I frequently read posts about our President referred to as "Obummer" for instance. Not a big deal, but disrespectful. Mark doesn't like our president, so it stands. . . .
mm

I won't comment on the other parts of your post, doctor because I have had nothing to do with why you are on moderation. I will comment on this because I do have a direct relationship to it. Those "Obummer" posts made by arbman were up for a period of time simply because, during the trading day, I trade. That takes concentration. I can't be moderating the board every minute and trading. For those of you who don't, you'll just have to take my word for it regarding the concentration part. When I take a break, mostly between active trades, I look over the board as much as I can. That is when, if I have to, I invisio those posts that violate the Terms Of Service and/or open the posts of those on moderation if they don't violate the Terms of Service like yours just now. In the evenings, I spend time having a life and only look in briefly. (For those of you preoccupied with the sex lives of other posters on the board. . . the answer is yes. It is part of the life I have. Thank you for your concern).

My suggestion is, if you want your post to be seen as soon as you post them, abide by the Terms of Service. Don't get yourself on moderation. Those on moderation are opened when we have time to look at them.

Edited by milbank, 21 September 2011 - 09:17 AM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe