Need for a new forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#31 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

I think we generally succeed. I thank our moderators for their efforts in this regard.

Mark Young
Founder
Traders-Talk

And, many thanks to milbank for doing a great job. Like I said, you're the best.

#32 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

You should use the word "screw" instead of f-bombs...

Mark probably doesn't care about your sorry excuse for any political posts, period. :D

So, why bother? I just got another one removed tonight, although I was pointing out the general stupidity of the political agenda shooting itself in the foot. Oh well...

Mark has been a hole to me. I cannot understand this hole that he is in but he must have a reason to be a hole that he is in. I wish him the f-bomb best!

Mark is generally pretty firm with people posting outside of the TOS. I don't think he responds to those comments, he didn't respond to mines either a few times, I honestly think he doesn't care. He uses the board to measure the sentiment, not for any political or satirical bias! :lol:

So, he is trying to keep the board sterile...

Arb, you know me and you have my number if you need to really talk with me about something. I get so much email and so many pm's it's just nuts. I don't feel the need to respond to those that I think are dealt with. If I skim something too quickly, I'm sorry.

BTW, that sheer quantity of pm's is one reason why we don't want the political. It just starts fights and neither I nor the other mods have the time and energy to deal with that. Worse, it'll just drive off the thoughtful posters who only want to make money and share ideas.

While I use the polls in my work, I don't "mine" sentiment at all, ever. I find that morally repugnant. I participate in every one of my polls and surveys myself. If I am using something from this board, I share it with this board or at least make it available for users to incorporate if they see fit. I still, even at this late date, get GREAT stuff from this board. Which is the whole point.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#33 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

I think we generally succeed. I thank our moderators for their efforts in this regard.

Mark Young
Founder
Traders-Talk

And, many thanks to milbank for doing a great job. Like I said, you're the best.

Thank you TechMan. I try. ;)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#34 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

One more issue is that I have dealt with posts being deleted without any protest over last few years but when you get no response to your private messages over 2-3 weeks this time then it does look like they do not care.

Maybe you should rush another fraternity then.

The free beer here and ladies aplenty tell me that they do care here. :)

#35 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

I might add that while our mods are very good, I, personally, screw up some times. Generally, it's through inaction, but occasionally I just plain screw up. Please understand where I'm coming from. I just want this to be a very useful forum that's a pleasure to read through and participate in. That's all. I want you to make money as a result of reading and hopefully posting here. If we can pick up some good friends, I'm calling that a win too. Those are my goals. If I accidentally fail to show you the proper respect or understanding I'm very sorry. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#36 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Why trade be a moderator............ Average Forum Moderator Salaries The average salary for forum moderator jobs is $40,000. Average forum moderator salaries can vary greatly due to company, location, industry, experience and benefits. This salary was calculated using the average salary for all jobs with the term "forum moderator" anywhere in the job listing.
vitaminm

#37 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

The last time I looked, anyone is free to start their own website and do as they please there. I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't like it here, unless you just want to troll. B)

#38 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

No one here is a paid moderator. All volunteer (unless they have been lying to me.) :lol: However Mark did send me some eggplant seeds for next spring's garden. (At least that's what he said they were...Hmmm...)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 September 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#39 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

Why trade be a moderator............

Average Forum Moderator Salaries
The average salary for forum moderator jobs is $40,000. Average forum moderator salaries can vary greatly due to company, location, industry, experience and benefits.

This salary was calculated using the average salary for all jobs with the term "forum moderator" anywhere in the job listing.

You are kidding, aren't you? :lol: 40,000$ to be moderator? May be on the White House forum? Not online.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#40 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

http://www.community...rum-moderators/

No one here is a paid moderator. All volunteer (unless they have been lying to me.) :lol:

However Mark did send me some eggplant seeds for next spring's garden.
(At least that's what he said they were...Hmmm...)

vitaminm