39 replies to this topic

#21 voecklen

voecklen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

Your signals are too slow.

Take my advice. Don't fade NAV.

Like most, you misunderstand. i'm not trying to fade NAV, I trying to make the system better. He's good. He just needs to get better. Problem is he's locked in his thought pattern. It's fine with me, but he can do better. Strangely, NAV himself has provided the blueprint for what I suggest but he seems unwillingly to follow this path.

Edited by voecklen, 04 October 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#22 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

Take my advice. Don't fade NAV.

Like most, you misunderstand. i'm not trying to fade NAV, I trying to make the system better. He's good. He just needs to get better. Problem is he's locked in his thought pattern. It's fine with me, but he can do better.

Voecklen, agree with you on this that one should work on improving system, but not only NAV, its true for you, me and every1 here. You get cooked the day you think you have become the master and have nothing to learn.
On other note, I agree with some boarders who say there are different ways of making money and different signals can be used to derive same or sometime different results.
I would say only thing you don't fade is the price, rest is just its derivative, right NAV?
Also I have discovered that its not very important how you arrive at your signals its important that you have the discipline to keep your risks managed, to have sustainable living while trading.

Boom Shankar

Edited by Om_Namah_Shivay, 04 October 2011 - 10:32 PM.

Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading

#23 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

Yes hourly trend does not change at the top tick and bottom tick unfortunately. That's why it's called swing trading and not bottom/top picking. If you like excitement and fast action daytrade the 5-min charts. Swing trading requires a lot of patience - not for everyone.

I cannot believe somebody actually called you out. All you have been doin' is taking money right and left out of this market. Nav, you have put on a clinic around here for a long time, and as of late it has been sick the way you have been spot on.

I wonder what anyone thinks of somebody like me if they criticize your system.

#24 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

Comment-why not? I feel strongly this is not an IT bottom. As far as the internals go, there are several problems with calling an IT bottom here-too many to list. But, in the simplest sense-the indexes are not in sync internally-and until they are-there will be no IT bottom. I might also add that many indexes have no internal divergence on their MCO's, sport tops above tops and bottoms below bottoms, have no buy signals on the 5's and tens despite the pump-and much much more-but that would be enough. Todays trin on the New York of .26 intimates what we saw today as a squeeze-and nothing more. As long as I have traded the market-one thing never changes-merchandising. This pop has been merchandised well. By description-key reversal-which it is not, by price location, and by speed. We came into today very oversold, the CVI was screaming for relief and a bounce was to be expected-we got it, big deal. Due to the size of the last drop, I could see this pump extend to 1140 SPX cash-and hope it does-all the better for me to pull the trigger on those that buy "the goods". I was almost flat into the pump, having liquidated all but one put-but have added two individual issues near todays close-and will look to add others I have on my screen with any continued pop. My prediction-we'll both be seriously short by Thursday latest. Your system will toss you the next big winner-after all, price IS king-and I'll bust my but finding spots on individual issues that provide the best opportunity for slams. Thanks for your post-you always have my interest.

Edited by thespookyone, 04 October 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#25 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

and as to Mr. "Your signals are too slow"? the guy uses hourly charts, I'd hate to think what you think of guys who use daily charts or weeklies to trade on!

I guess someone never learned there's more than one way to make money in the market!

I don't even want to know what he might call my system since I mainly look at MA(50).
Each person has to find the system which works for them. Properly used, any system can
be profitable.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#26 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Comment-why not?

I feel strongly this is not an IT bottom. As far as the internals go, there are several problems with calling an IT bottom here-too many to list. But, in the simplest sense-the indexes are not in sync internally-and until they are-there will be no IT bottom. I might also add that many indexes have no internal divergence on their MCO's, sport tops above tops and bottoms below bottoms, have no buy signals on the 5's and tens despite the pump-and much much more-but that would be enough. Todays trin on the New York of .26 intimates what we saw today as a squeeze-and nothing more. As long as I have traded the market-one thing never changes-merchandising. This pop has been merchandised well. By description-key reversal-which it is not, by price location, and by speed. We came into today very oversold, the CVI was screaming for relief and a bounce was to be expected-we got it, big deal. Due to the size of the last drop, I could see this pump extend to 1140 SPX cash-and hope it does-all the better for me to pull the trigger on those that buy "the goods". I was almost flat into the pump, having liquidated all but one put-but have added two individual issues near todays close-and will look to add others I have on my screen with any continued pop. My prediction-we'll both be seriously short by Thursday latest. Your system will toss you the next big winner-after all, price IS king-and I'll bust my but finding spots on individual issues that provide the best opportunity for slams. Thanks for your post-you always have my interest.

Thanks Spooky !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#27 voecklen

voecklen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

Does Spooky's opinion pay? Sadly, I think not. I actually thought you were here to learn not look for the approval of others.

Edited by voecklen, 04 October 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#28 jdjimenez

jdjimenez

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

and as to Mr. "Your signals are too slow"? the guy uses hourly charts, I'd hate to think what you think of guys who use daily charts or weeklies to trade on!

I guess someone never learned there's more than one way to make money in the market!

I don't even want to know what he might call my system since I mainly look at MA(50).
Each person has to find the system which works for them. Properly used, any system can
be profitable.

Lots of systems, lots of ways. Seems really silly to be commenting on someone that has had the success that NAV has had. Sometimes when the circus is in town one of the clowns just goes wild!

Still wish him success,
JDJ

#29 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

Does Spooky's opinion pay? Sadly, I think not. I actually thought you were here to learn not look for the approval of others.

Doh ! What's wrong with you dude ? I said thanks to Spooky for him taking the effort to post his thoughts.

Don't waste my time.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#30 voecklen

voecklen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

There's nothing wrong with me DUDE! Waste your time? You're kidding me right? Keep believing your press. I'll be kind here and not go further,.

Edited by voecklen, 05 October 2011 - 12:03 AM.