papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

The play is always the same...only the players change over time.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

The play is always the same...only the players change over time.

Fib

Thanks Fib, I am only 31 years old, but am a student...

Last night, I was watching stories about WW II and the Bataan Death March...

We have gone from that, to.....ugh, my Iphone is not working and I don't want to work for $10 an hour...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#4 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Its hard to have an opinion on this, I try to understand both sides.. But Occupy seems... well I won't put my opinion out here because most would not agree I'm sure. All I will say is I work, A job 60 hrs a week and don't have time to occupy my bed... So I... Well... I better not. I do not believe this a place to air these thoughts.

#5 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Im a construction worker making decent money when I can find work... And through many hard times in my life I have worked driving a Tow truck, or many other meaningfull jobs even wendys once! And for far less than 10.00 an hour... Spoiled babies... Is what this generation has raised. IF those who have the time to complain would lower there standards and just do what ya gotta do they would not have time to B_itch and complain. Oooopps Guess I just gave an opinion... Sorry folks....

#6 Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson

• Traders-Talk User
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Im a construction worker making decent money when I can find work... And through many hard times in my life I have worked driving a Tow truck, or many other meaningfull jobs even wendys once! And for far less than 10.00 an hour... Spoiled babies... Is what this generation has raised. IF those who have the time to complain would lower there standards and just do what ya gotta do they would not have time to B_itch and complain.

Oooopps Guess I just gave an opinion... Sorry folks....

Very well said! Kudos to you, sir.

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

I'm a construction worker making decent money when I can find work... And through many hard times in my life I have worked driving a Tow truck, or many other meaningful jobs even Wendy's once! And for far less than 10.00 an hour... Spoiled babies... Is what this generation has raised. IF those who have the time to complain would lower there standards and just do what ya gotta do they would not have time to B_itch and complain.

The exact same thing was said back in 1971, though it was $1.60 an hour back then.

Darn Hippies! (and that was the enduring term given back then :) )

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 klono

klono

• Traders-Talk User
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

I'm a construction worker making decent money when I can find work... And through many hard times in my life I have worked driving a Tow truck, or many other meaningful jobs even Wendy's once! And for far less than 10.00 an hour... Spoiled babies... Is what this generation has raised. IF those who have the time to complain would lower there standards and just do what ya gotta do they would not have time to B_itch and complain.

The exact same thing was said back in 1971, though it was $1.60 an hour back then.

Darn Hippies! (and that was the enduring term given back then :) )

Fib

Graduated from college in 72 with a BS in accounting. There were next to no jobs for 90% of the graduates. I lived south of the city. I got a bookkeeping job northwest of the city. It took an hour and 15 minutes to drive to work. After a year of bookkeeping experience, I went back to graduate school to get my masters in education. Before I finished, I got an interview at an accounting firm with 50+ applicants for one job. I aced the test because of my bookkeeping experience. I started at $7800 per year, $9600, and then $10,400. I was lucky because most graduates with degrees in accounting never got a job. Their degree went to waste.

I have been a partner since 1982. Up until 4 or 5 years ago we would have to overpay for first year graduates. We would train them. Most never caught on. Many of those that did, went elsewhere for more money.

There are no guarantees in life.

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

I have to disagree about the wage complaints. Profits were not passed down to the average worker in decent raises, I'm talking 4-6% per yr raises are what people should have been getting for the last 15 yrs, but the corp execs kept it all, recent report out that exec pay has trippled vs 40% for the average worker, I forget how long a period, but when times are down execs will not part with any of their bonuses. I've been getting 2-3% raises for the last 15 years, barely enough to keep up with inflation.

#10 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

I have to disagree about the wage complaints. Profits were not passed down to the average worker in decent
raises, I'm talking 4-6% per yr raises are what people should have been getting for the last 15 yrs, but the corp execs
kept it all, recent report out that exec pay has trippled vs 40% for the average worker, I forget how long a period,
but when times are down execs will not part with any of their bonuses. I've been getting 2-3% raises for
the last 15 years, barely enough to keep up with inflation.

Inflation has been more on average about 5% a year, with close to 7% over the last year.... The difference is killing many families..... Although overall inflation remain somewhat low... Education, Food, Gas are very high......

Barry