Guys

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Boy...what a single relief rally will do to sentiment. :)

Be very careful here folks...today was NOT a good day as far as I can see.

In fact, I'm starting to get very concerned here.

But what do I know?

Fib

I was actually thinking about you as you had a sell signal at 1165.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#12 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Fib, keep an eye on the blips, nymo and namo not even there yet. ;) Also, take a look at your close-only SPX cash closing point today in relation to the recent range expansion off the Oct lows. ;) ;) Doc

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

But what do I know?

Fib

Fib, could you extrapolate on what about today has caused this concern?

Senor

#14 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

But what do I know?

Fib

I'm with you Fib, as Seven Sentinels are locked tight in SELL mode. But what do we know. ;) D

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYMO&p=D&st=2011-07-01&en=2011-12-30&i=p54258309565&a=225433288&r=687.png
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

But what do I know?

Fib

I'm with you Fib, as Seven Sentinels are locked tight in SELL mode. But what do we know. ;) D

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYMO&p=D&st=2011-07-01&en=2011-12-30&i=p54258309565&a=225433288&r=687.png

I'll say this amigos as I respect your work mucho, I think it goes norte but there is no room for any big decline from here IMO, I will exit all longs on anything more then a 50% S&P retracement of the rally from Friday's lows. These markets are not to trifle with.

NO BS

Senor

#16 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Fib:

I also see no change to a treacherous market which has beaten up both bull and bear traders as well as long term holders. Thinking to buy significant dips but not hold past my set time clock, win or lose, sparingly on shorts. Possibly use option stratagies.

But also to quote Sargent Shultz of Hogan's heros TV series: "I know nuthings"! :D

Out

But what do I know?

Fib

#17 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Weekly is negative. Daily is iffy, but mostly negative. ST is positive. Bottom spotters are positive. Advisors are short. And, well, it's hard to get too Bearish at this time of year. BUT a Bear market is a Bear market. Respect it. I may not be long after Jan. 1. Hell, I may not be long by the end of the week, but I think I will. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Weekly is negative. Daily is iffy, but mostly negative. ST is positive. Bottom spotters are positive. Advisors are short. And, well, it's hard to get too Bearish at this time of year.

BUT a Bear market is a Bear market. Respect it. I may not be long after Jan. 1. Hell, I may not be long by the end of the week, but I think I will.

M

I think the gist of all this is that you can only be a trader here, not get married to any scenario, be muy nimble and don't be too agressive in any positions. I agree with Mark but I will have a muy rapido trigger finger.

Senor

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Keeping in mind that the BETS is an intermediate term indicator of marketplace "personality", to have a nice day higher against a just given sell signal is probably more advantageous than selling on lower prices, don't you think? :)

keep an eye on the blips, nymo and namo not even there yet.

Being that we were so deeply "oversold" last week that even Helen Keller could had called today's reflex rally without any real knowledge of market mechanics, I find it insightful on how certain personalities have all but embraced today's technical bounce as something remarkable because the majority thought it couldn't be done. This kind of arrogance is not at all associated with price bottoms of lasting duration.

Yup...blip resistance remains, no less, texture....It's gonna take a while.

could you extrapolate on what about today has caused this concern?

The usual suspects Senor...but today's NYSE TRIN of .13 is probably the most concerning given where it took place.

ISEE at 187 is another brow raiser, but it really comes down to the velocity of money and its amplitude.

Bottom line...anyone who's being doing this kind of thing for any length of time knows that today is but one day, and a reasonable expectation after the market had a nasty technical breakdown last week.

We'll see how tomorrow goes..it's still a hit and run market.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#20 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Keeping in mind that the BETS is an intermediate term indicator of marketplace "personality", to have a nice day higher against a just given sell signal is probably more advantageous than selling on lower prices, don't you think? :)

keep an eye on the blips, nymo and namo not even there yet.

Being that we were so deeply "oversold" last week that even Helen Keller could had called today's reflex rally without any real knowledge of market mechanics, I find it insightful on how certain personalities have all but embraced today's technical bounce as something remarkable because the majority thought it couldn't be done. This kind of arrogance is not at all associated with price bottoms of lasting duration.

Yup...blip resistance remains, no less, texture....It's gonna take a while.

could you extrapolate on what about today has caused this concern?

The usual suspects Senor...but today's NYSE TRIN of .13 is probably the most concerning given where it took place.

ISEE at 187 is another brow raiser, but it really comes down to the velocity of money and its amplitude.

Bottom line...anyone who's being doing this kind of thing for any length of time knows that today is but one day, and a reasonable expectation after the market had a nasty technical breakdown last week.

We'll see how tomorrow goes..it's still a hit and run market.

Fib

I went 50% long.

Edited by CLK, 28 November 2011 - 08:20 PM.