• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

THE COSTLIEST, BLOODIEST WAR ON RECORD!

No, it's not the War in Iraq—it's the War on Poverty!

Incredible as it may seem, Americans transfer more than a trillion dollars each year to low-income families through a bewildering variety of programs, all in the name of fighting poverty and inequality.
That's about seven times the cost of the Iraq war.
To put a trillion dollars in perspective, it's more than twice our total spending on national defense.
If a trillion dollars were simply given to those counted as poor by the federal government (37 million in 2005), it would amount to $27,000 per person.

Added to the astounding cost in dollars is the cost in destroyed lives as children without fathers grow up in a climate where gangs are their only real family.

And thousands die yearly from gang violence.

"5,750 People Killed in Gang Violence in the last 10 Years just in L.A.!"

The "Great Society" Fails our children, families
"first and foremost we have a parent problem"

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 December 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#12 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

To borrow from George your, isn't a refund in order from Bush-Cheney? They love to see every industry go to asia but there is no Kensian limit for the military/industrial complex because it makes local jobs, oh and the technology benefits society so much. It has never been said and it is no consequence to the majority of American's psychology while they shopped, when I watched cruise missles and mushroom clouds running up and down the euphrates, my only thought was about the incinerated families women and children. It's a "bad cause", and Karma is a b*tch. Yep, OBL won, he said he wanted to bankrupt America. I should be out of here very soon, it is a serious plan, maybe only a 3 month window open, but I really need one more year for another reason. The militarized local police, detention camps, habeas corpus, all that preparation, is probably not going to sleep another full year. Their implementations might have to wait for one more cooked election and delay a year. I am looking at one place in Feb that could be a waypoint out and I will have another citizenship soon of my father's birth place, I am working on it very seriously and events do seem to be facilitating it for me. Coming down to a race of time and events. I always was a refugee in my own country, I'm not smart, I'm just not dumb enough to be here.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan