Kimston...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

I do not care either way Nav as you likely know by now.

over 1272 north or south it goes and the longs need 1223 to hold if it sells for some days. That is the game plan as of right now. Not real complicated or emotional.

Above 1257 i have no interest in short side. Below that i would have no interest in the long side.

Anyway i am still curious as what this TURN means. If 1% move qualifies as a turn, then we turn everyday. ;)

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#22 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

iloli - dont think there is more than a ST relationship that is linear - but what i found, using proxies- may 1 2011 - spx1363 gld 152.3 fxe 147.5 tlt 93.99 yesterday - spx 1277 gld 1567 fxe 129 tlt 118 hmm bonds up about 30% - who needs to trade :)
best,
klh

#23 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

Can you guys define "Turn" ? - 1% move ? 5% ? 10% ? ST/IT ? Hourly/Daily/Weekly ?

I see a lot of premature excitement here.

Nav, you are bar none in elite company around here. Oct. 28 was my last swing short. I took my last swing long EOD Tuesday before Thanksgiving and participated fully in that rally the week after Thanksgiving.

As you well know, buying dips off the 15 to 45 minute SPY or IWM charts has been very profitable for a while. The truth is: I have no idea what is going to happen going forward. I saw some bullish things on DXY and UST (daily) but then again you have NFP tomorrow and that reaction could be the tell.

Do you believe we can really drop for more than a day or 2? I have no idea and will trade accordingly by taking the quick profit on shorts when I can. But by doing this I realize that I will probably miss the bigger move if it comes. Right now I am not confident in anything either way long term. I just can't tell. One thing thing about me, by the time I start running my mouth about a trade that went my way, my $$ is probably already off the table :)

#24 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Bears still will have to wait....i expected today would be up but i guess rally peak has been postponed well into next week... now the payroll manana will be deemed a good one..i presume

#25 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

I see a lot of premature excitement here.

I see cautious bears...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#26 iloli way

iloli way

iloli = I'm Laws Of Line's I(eye)

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

iloli -

dont think there is more than a ST relationship that is linear - but what i found, using proxies-

may 1 2011 - spx1363 gld 152.3 fxe 147.5 tlt 93.99
yesterday - spx 1277 gld 1567 fxe 129 tlt 118

hmm bonds up about 30% - who needs to trade :)

Thank you, K.

Using yours, spx should be 1192 per fxe May relation. Sign of strength or lag? Just saying...what's the thinking along that line? which way is more adamant? how reliable is the bias? say for euro crash panic now isn't it baseless? more questions than jump conclusions, that's what I see.

btw, Didn't mean to use age as TA helper, if even sounded like that reading my blah, blah...no connection whatsoever in fact. If aging ever helps, is making me more rely on pure technical than other means ever so much.
PRICE IS KING; LINE RULES! - Laws Of Line (LOL) Trading Systems
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton

#27 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

iloli -

dont think there is more than a ST relationship that is linear - but what i found, using proxies-

may 1 2011 - spx1363 gld 152.3 fxe 147.5 tlt 93.99
yesterday - spx 1277 gld 1567 fxe 129 tlt 118

hmm bonds up about 30% - who needs to trade :)

Thank you, K.

Using yours, spx should be 1192 per fxe May relation. Sign of strength or lag? Just saying...what's the thinking along that line? which way is more adamant? how reliable is the bias? say for euro crash panic now isn't it baseless? more questions than jump conclusions, that's what I see.

btw, Didn't mean to use age as TA helper, if even sounded like that reading my blah, blah...no connection whatsoever in fact. If aging ever helps, is making me more rely on pure technical than other means ever so much.

I guess it is that simple....only that in this world of 0% interest rate (for trading) any move can be exponentially exaggerated by tunes of 3-10X.

For good traders it is a boon of lifetime, never could the cost of money be this low.
Come to think about it, game has begun.
Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading

#28 iloli way

iloli way

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

For good traders it is a boon of lifetime, never could the cost of money be this low.
Come to think about it, game has begun.

No-cheating-prerequisite! :lol:
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton

#29 iloli way

iloli way

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

So far this morning: SO FAR I mean, the joker was the Orange subliminal line. Posted Image

Know your bear bait when necessary: Purple line needs to be no-doubt first.

Posted Image

#30 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

Using yours, spx should be 1192 per fxe May relation. Sign of strength or lag?

No, what I meant by "I dont think there is more than a ST relationship that is linear - this kind of issue to issue ratio paradigm will not work, there are too many other factors that effect both numerator and denominator to just say "multiply by the ratio" - so I do not mean sPX should already be down to 1192, even if I think we will be lower than that soon enough, and I think the euro will too.
best,
klh