Merriman

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

As exciting and buoyant as the stock indices were, they paled in comparison to Gold and Silver. Gold tested 1740 on Friday, which is up nearly $220 per ounce since our special “buy alert” and “buy recommendation” of December 28-29, within the half-hour of the actual low. But Silver is now testing 3400, up nearly 800 points from that same low when the buy signal was given. At $5000 per every one dollar (100 points) per contract, that represents a gain of nearly $40,000/contract between the low of December 29 and the high of Friday, January 27. Our position trader subscribers on both our daily and weekly reports are still long, and will be for awhile, for as mentioned in that report, I believe this is just the start of the new 3-year cycle. The first phase of every cycle is bullish, per the rules outlined in all of our cycle books.

http://www.mmacycles...nuary-30,-2012/

TM

#2 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

As exciting and buoyant as the stock indices were, they paled in comparison to Gold and Silver. Gold tested 1740 on Friday, which is up nearly $220 per ounce since our special “buy alert” and “buy recommendation” of December 28-29, within the half-hour of the actual low. But Silver is now testing 3400, up nearly 800 points from that same low when the buy signal was given. At $5000 per every one dollar (100 points) per contract, that represents a gain of nearly $40,000/contract between the low of December 29 and the high of Friday, January 27. Our position trader subscribers on both our daily and weekly reports are still long, and will be for awhile, for as mentioned in that report, I believe this is just the start of the new 3-year cycle. The first phase of every cycle is bullish, per the rules outlined in all of our cycle books.

TM

Does this mean that if and when Armstong capitulates and stubaby has no alternate counts, I can go fishing for 3 years ?
On the other hand Bernanke's promise reminded me of George's H.W."read my lips, no new .....", promise, so I better not go after all.

PS
Parker han now drawn a new bulish "T" expiring 05/21. He also changed his intermediate trend to up.

-tria :redbull: and strong (famous last words)

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#3 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

As exciting and buoyant as the stock indices were, they paled in comparison to Gold and Silver. Gold tested 1740 on Friday, which is up nearly $220 per ounce since our special "buy alert" and "buy recommendation" of December 28-29, within the half-hour of the actual low. But Silver is now testing 3400, up nearly 800 points from that same low when the buy signal was given. At $5000 per every one dollar (100 points) per contract, that represents a gain of nearly $40,000/contract between the low of December 29 and the high of Friday, January 27. Our position trader subscribers on both our daily and weekly reports are still long, and will be for awhile, for as mentioned in that report, I believe this is just the start of the new 3-year cycle. The first phase of every cycle is bullish, per the rules outlined in all of our cycle books.

TM

Does this mean that if and when Armstong capitulates and stubaby has no alternate counts, I can go fishing for 3 years ?
On the other hand Bernanke's promise reminded me of George's H.W."read my lips, no new .....", promise, so I better not go after all.

PS
Parker han now drawn a new bulish "T" expiring 05/21. He also changed his intermediate trend to up.

================================================================================
======================
Parker has been in the wilderness on gold for some time. Fishing is never a bad idea, at least you can eat. Islander

#4 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

TM, {{{ The first phase of every cycle is bullish, per the rules outlined in all of our cycle books.}}} Do you know how long the first phase in Silver of a new cycle lasts in general? Thanks, gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#5 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

As exciting and buoyant as the stock indices were, they paled in comparison to Gold and Silver. Gold tested 1740 on Friday, which is up nearly $220 per ounce since our special "buy alert" and "buy recommendation" of December 28-29, within the half-hour of the actual low. But Silver is now testing 3400, up nearly 800 points from that same low when the buy signal was given. At $5000 per every one dollar (100 points) per contract, that represents a gain of nearly $40,000/contract between the low of December 29 and the high of Friday, January 27. Our position trader subscribers on both our daily and weekly reports are still long, and will be for awhile, for as mentioned in that report, I believe this is just the start of the new 3-year cycle. The first phase of every cycle is bullish, per the rules outlined in all of our cycle books.

TM

PS

================================================================================
======================
Parker has been in the wilderness on gold for some time. Fishing is never a bad idea, at least you can eat. Islander

I know, when I posted in theit Forum, that I was buying @ 1.525 as well as silver on 12/29 and posted that I was buying USLV (triple long silver) on Wednesday AM they thought I had a death wish...... but a few did follow me and bought near 1,700 after the main event.

-tria :o

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#6 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

TM

Hi Tria,

PS

No, it means the first half of the 3 yr cycle is bullish, hence you should be long and buy the dip rather than shorting it. If one shorts, he better be nimble. Merriman has taught that the first half of a long term cycle is bullish. Yes, you will have corrections but its significant to come in the beginning of a long term cycle to ride that bull to the first half of it.

Yesterday, I had chart done professionally by my astrologer whom does it by hand. I have it done every 3 yrs. I have been going to him since 2006 and he has taught me a lot about astrology..took one of his classes. One thing I forgot to realize was the Moon represents silver. The sun represents gold. I knew about the sun but forgot about the silver with the moon. As you know the moon affects the tides as they go up and down and that's why we see a lot more volatility with silver..(I summarized that last part)...plus the moon represents our emotions. Full moon coming Feb 7th and the effects are normally +/- 1 day. I haven't done this before but I'm going to see how much more volatile silver is to gold around the moons which no matter what anyone tells you are reversal periods about 80% of the time..they accelerate about 20% of the time. It's not buy the new moon sell the full. I've been following this for many years and it's normally reversals.

He also knows Merriman too and when I gave him the forecast, he was telling me to pay attention to his cycles. My astro guy is really amazing with his accuracy in forecasting..(not the market, personal charts). Fortunately, for me the next 3 yrs (because that's how far we did it out), I've got a lot of luck on my side with finances. It was really an interesting reading..but I diverse..LOL!

We should always do our own DD no matter how right on those gurus have been in the past. I learned a valuable lesson in the fall of 2010 about that by following Laundry. He was right on earlier that year but because of me letting his T-Theory influence me, I was more on the wrong side than the right. 2011, continued to be a learning curve year while developing my own style even more..and I stopped listening or I should say I stopped allowing these calls influence me. This is the path I'm on now. I don't even read much TT main page much these days and prefer to read the gold forum because of the people who contribute and how much more civilize they are. But I read less of what people are saying and more of my own TA. I prefer swing trading but when it comes to gold/silver we are in an important period where we are in a bottoming if not bottomed phase and this is one time imo, you can be long for a long time if you can handle draw downs. But fortunately, like Dharma, I did get in on the bottom when gold hit that low and I also got Merriman's alert. I do think the bottom is in but if it isn't I would add more and continue to take the long term approach because of our debt situation and there is no way out but to print.

I do think cycles are important to understand where you might be in a cycle, but then again, which cycle are we using? That said, I like Merriman and I have learned a lot from him too over the past decade on cycles. I have a lot more to learn but when he calls a cycle bottom and we are in the beginning of a new long term cycle..it's like EF HUTTON (for those who remember that commercial)..you listen! LOL!

No matter, TA to me will always trump everything.

TM
P.S..anyone who wants to understand more about astrology and themselves, he does readings over the phone. It's not like a fortune teller, believe me. He has helped me know when I have strong planets around me to call like a buyer's bluff when they were trying to get more money from me in real estate or a different situation. You would be amazed and if ever a time to have a hand chart done, it's now. He records the conversation too.He's been doing it over 30 yrs by hand.

#7 joshore

joshore

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

TM

Hi Tria,

PS

No, it means the first half of the 3 yr cycle is bullish, hence you should be long and buy the dip rather than shorting it. If one shorts, he better be nimble. Merriman has taught that the first half of a long term cycle is bullish. Yes, you will have corrections but its significant to come in the beginning of a long term cycle to ride that bull to the first half of it.

Yesterday, I had chart done professionally by my astrologer whom does it by hand. I have it done every 3 yrs. I have been going to him since 2006 and he has taught me a lot about astrology..took one of his classes. One thing I forgot to realize was the Moon represents silver. The sun represents gold. I knew about the sun but forgot about the silver with the moon. As you know the moon affects the tides as they go up and down and that's why we see a lot more volatility with silver..(I summarized that last part)...plus the moon represents our emotions. Full moon coming Feb 7th and the effects are normally +/- 1 day. I haven't done this before but I'm going to see how much more volatile silver is to gold around the moons which no matter what anyone tells you are reversal periods about 80% of the time..they accelerate about 20% of the time. It's not buy the new moon sell the full. I've been following this for many years and it's normally reversals.

He also knows Merriman too and when I gave him the forecast, he was telling me to pay attention to his cycles. My astro guy is really amazing with his accuracy in forecasting..(not the market, personal charts). Fortunately, for me the next 3 yrs (because that's how far we did it out), I've got a lot of luck on my side with finances. It was really an interesting reading..but I diverse..LOL!

We should always do our own DD no matter how right on those gurus have been in the past. I learned a valuable lesson in the fall of 2010 about that by following Laundry. He was right on earlier that year but because of me letting his T-Theory influence me, I was more on the wrong side than the right. 2011, continued to be a learning curve year while developing my own style even more..and I stopped listening or I should say I stopped allowing these calls influence me. This is the path I'm on now. I don't even read much TT main page much these days and prefer to read the gold forum because of the people who contribute and how much more civilize they are. But I read less of what people are saying and more of my own TA. I prefer swing trading but when it comes to gold/silver we are in an important period where we are in a bottoming if not bottomed phase and this is one time imo, you can be long for a long time if you can handle draw downs. But fortunately, like Dharma, I did get in on the bottom when gold hit that low and I also got Merriman's alert. I do think the bottom is in but if it isn't I would add more and continue to take the long term approach because of our debt situation and there is no way out but to print.

I do think cycles are important to understand where you might be in a cycle, but then again, which cycle are we using? That said, I like Merriman and I have learned a lot from him too over the past decade on cycles. I have a lot more to learn but when he calls a cycle bottom and we are in the beginning of a new long term cycle..it's like EF HUTTON (for those who remember that commercial)..you listen! LOL!

No matter, TA to me will always trump everything.

TM
P.S..anyone who wants to understand more about astrology and themselves, he does readings over the phone. It's not like a fortune teller, believe me. He has helped me know when I have strong planets around me to call like a buyer's bluff when they were trying to get more money from me in real estate or a different situation. You would be amazed and if ever a time to have a hand chart done, it's now. He records the conversation too.He's been doing it over 30 yrs by hand.

Tradermama - I tried to send you a PM but it appears you have this function disabled so I will post this off topic message here

First - thanks for your posts which are a definite help.
Quite some years back I undertook a 5 year quite intensive self study of astrology - back through the Greeks and Babylonians. That period passed and I have maintained only a passing connection with this science.
I have, however, searched for many years for a good astrologer - tried quite a number and have not found much satisfaction.
I would really appreciate the contact info for the one whom you recommend. I can be reached at joshore@gmail.com
Best to you

#8 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

{{{No, it means the first half of the 3 yr cycle is bullish}}} Thanks TM and same here, could you please either post this astrologer's contact details or pm me? Thanks again, gis

#9 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

For those interested in astrology and finance, here is Richard Nolle's latest and more

JAN 30 UPDATE February 7, 2012 Saturn Station (Retrograde) Once again, I'd like to remind you that a new online astrological forum - AstroProMB.com - is now open for posting and comments. Set up and administered by my long-time friend Alan Meyers, AstroProMB.com allows easy posting and searching of messages on astrology, from people at all skill levels. (Try searching topics, keywords, people etc. at other online astrology message boards or groups, and I think you'll be quite pleased with the capabilities of AstroProMB.com.) Of course, all this capability can't really be put to use until people post messages and comments. So please do feel free to give it a try. While my own programming skills and already busy schedule mean that I cannot claim credit or responsibility for the project itself, I will check in as time allows to contribute to the exchange of astrological information as well as look for and respond to your messages. ........

link: http://www.astropro....new.html#JAN_30

gis

#10 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Josh and Gismeu or anyone interested in the astrologer you can email me at: tradermama@yahoo.com I'm on my Iphone and it's hard to type for me. I just came home after another reading but for my 29 yr old son. My whole family does it every 3 yrs. I will give you the information tomorrow because I have something to do right now. I dont know why my email is disabled. I have told them about it but no one responded Irene