QE3 in PROGRESS

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

O.K. guys, if you think Oscillators work, that's fine by me.

So, instead of going back and forth, all that I'm asking you is to post your buy and sell signal here whenever it's triggered. be it intraday or inter-day and not after the fact. We can then start keeping track of them.

O.K. ?

Here's what I'd say if I had the utmost confidence that my technical "oscillators", or the assortment of them, work well in any market environment.

=======
Starting Monday, I will post buy and sell signals as they happen per my oscillators, period.
=======

Anyone???

Did exactly that to the tune of about 5000 posts here from 2003-2010. Now I do that six days a week at SevenSentinels.com....

O.K. then start posting your intraday or interday sell/buy signals here on Monday.

Doesn't have to be anything elaborate. Just "Buy" or "Sell" now or tomorrow would do.

Have already explained all of that in recent posts. Intermediate Term is in uptrend per the oscillators, since December 23 buy signal. Am essentially fully invested and holding. Would add a bit more {read that "BUY"} on any sharp pull-backs this week. Over and out.

O.K. So, allow me to repeat... then start posting your intraday or inter-day sell/buy signals here on Monday.

Doesn't have to be anything elaborate. Just "Buy" or "Sell" now or tomorrow would do. It shouldn't take more than 10 seconds.

#22 Jhoe

Jhoe

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

So, instead of going back and forth, all that I'm asking you is to post your buy and sell signal here whenever it's triggered. be it intraday or inter-day and not after the fact. We can then start keeping track of them.

O.K. ?

Yeah, i mean i dont always have time to post on every single stock or trade before/during, as my time frame is typically VST. But I do post my broad market/index analysis when I think we are near/at major (ie 20%+) reversal points. Or on the cusp of a significant trend in terms of duration as well. Here's an example from october, we were at 1235 or so...

http://www.traders-t...?...=135248&hl=

#23 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

O.K. ?

Yeah, i mean i dont always have time to post on every single stock or trade before/during, as my time frame is typically VST. But I do post my broad market/index analysis when I think we are near/at major (ie 20%+) reversal points. Or on the cusp of a significant trend in terms of duration as well. Here's an example from october, we were at 1235 or so...

http://www.traders-t...?...=135248&hl=

Not even 10 seconds of your time in the evening tying in just "Buy tomorrow" or "Sell tomorrow"???

#24 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Not even 10 seconds of your time in the evening tying in just "Buy tomorrow" or "Sell tomorrow"???

How about this? Instead of challenging those who have put their best feet forward over the years and went to great lengths to share with us their methodologies before you came on board, why don't you consider taking a one month's subscription to Don and/or Tom's services and see whether they have anything you believe is worthwhile to help you acquire wealth. Both services are inexpensive, and I do believe they go month to month. A small investment of your time and you'll get a better feel of what they have to offer without the threat of things maybe not going so well for either them or maybe even yourself.

Again...the challenge is beating the market, not each other. Pissing contests are best left for those on Yahoo.

Now, if you really want to follow through and show us all what you got, by all means go ahead with your buys and sells for next week. But unless you're willing to show us exactly what your using, and how you're using the technique with these same trades, much of this will fall on deaf ears as being rather useless information and might be misinterpreted as being condescension on your part (and that's only if you have winning trades...we won't talk about if market moves against you).

Have a good weekend.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#25 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hmmm… Interesting. Are you a subscriber of their services?

First of all, just because I didn't come here till 2009 didn't mean I haven't been trading for a long time. Everyone's using their seniority here to throw their weight around. How long one has been a member here has absolutely nothing to do with how long one has been in this business. And, believe it or not, I could've been in it much longer than you.

Second of all, I could not do it with "Oscillators" in this type of market. I can not have accurate buy and sell signals using the oscillators. Therefore, I'd asked those that could and believe that oscillators till work go ahead and post their oscillators' buy and sell signal so that we can keep track of it.

It's not a "pissing" contest only for those that wanted to make it one. It's keeping track of how well oscillators work in this type of market.

Finally, I'm not selling anything or any subscription. I'm not responsible for anyone. I'm not obligated to share anything on the Internet with anyone.

How about this? Instead of challenging those who have put their best feet forward over the years and went to great lengths to share with us their methodologies before you came on board, why don't you consider taking a one month's subscription to Don and/or Tom's services and see whether they have anything you believe is worthwhile to help you acquire wealth. Both services are inexpensive, and I do believe they go month to month. A small investment of your time and you'll get a better feel of what they have to offer without the threat of things maybe not going so well for either them or maybe even yourself.

Again...the challenge is beating the market, not each other. Pissing contests are best left for those on Yahoo.

Now, if you really want to follow through and show us all what you got, by all means go ahead with your buys and sells for next week. But unless you're willing to show us exactly what your using, and how you're using the technique with these same trades, much of this will fall on deaf ears as being rather useless information and might be misinterpreted as being condescension on your part (and that's only if you have winning trades...we won't talk about if market moves against you).

Have a good weekend.

Fib

#26 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

O.K. ?

The same oscillators that are "working" for them now have not worked from May - Dec in 2010, 2011. When the market is smoothly going up, every newsletter writer is correct. They are the ones who predicted the bull market. Just like the perma bears are the fleas in the ear during times of correction, the buzz of the newsletters is deafening in times like this. Newsletter writers just love the bull market. We must endure the buzz in both ways. No other option.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#27 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

I'll leave the fundamental reasons for another day. For now, normally, when the CC (Correlation Coefficient) between the Euro and the SPX exceeds 0.85, the probabilities are that the stock market has reached a top. The CC is currently at 0.88, a very strong correlation. Still, the CC is but an oscillator, so we'll see. =========== I hear ya, DrSP.

#28 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm not obligated to share anything on the Internet with anyone.

No, you're not. Nobody is. It's your choice to do so.

No...I'm not a subscriber because I have a different way of working with the markets. However, their disciplined analysis compliments mine.

Challenges are meant only to provoke and not promote the art of technical analysis. One might take another approach and ask HOW something is or isn't working for them, or what they may see what you may be missing or might be helpful. We all get myopic from time to time. A different aspect should therefore be always welcomed. Then again, and in this specific case, all of this may have already been shared by both Don and Tom in other posts, so challenging them makes it seem like you don't even read what they have to offer to your diametric response.

So, how about this for an exercise? You have made the comment that "technical indicators <are> rendered useless, as they're mostly oscillators". Why don't you then provide an example of which oscillator isn't working, why it isn't working, and leave that for discussion or input from others instead of making what many would consider a "drive by" statement with little or no substantive proof behind it?

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 04 February 2012 - 03:59 PM.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#29 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Whether you call it a challenge or not, it makes no difference to me. If I'm confident that my oscillators are working like a charm right now, I'd be more than happy to post and share my signals here. Why's that a "challenge"? I do it all the time when my oscillators are working well. And, it's been fun.

Isn't that the bottom line? Either it works or it doesn't work. I don't understand why anyone would take this as a "pissing" contest or a personal issue unless there are other reasons, agenda, or motives unbeknownst to me.

I'm not obligated to share anything on the Internet with anyone.

No, you're not. Nobody is. It's your choice to do so.

No...I'm not a subscriber because I have a different way of working with the markets. However, their disciplined analysis compliments mine.

Challenges are meant only to provoke and not promote the art of technical analysis. One might take another approach and ask HOW something is or isn't working for them, or what they may see what you may be missing or might be helpful. We all get myopic from time to time. A different aspect should therefore be always welcomed. Then again, and in this specific case, all of this may have already been shared by both Don and Tom in other posts, so challenging them makes it seem like you don't even read what they have to offer to your diametric response.

So, how about this for an exercise? You have made the comment that "technical indicators <are> rendered useless, as they're mostly oscillators". Why don't you then provide an example of which oscillator isn't working, why it isn't working, and leave that for discussion or input from others instead of making what many would consider a "drive by" statement with little or no substantive proof behind it?

Fib

#30 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Newsletter writers just love the bull market.

Interesting comment considering that the heavy hitters in the business of market timers are those who always looking for that elusive top and decline that follows.

People are more apt to subscribe to a service that would somehow give them protection as humans, as a species, are frightened by what we don't understand or can't control. Those who are market neutral make very little because there's no glory in hopefully being correct. Look at the business channels...anyone want to approximate the number of interviews that promote a bearish opinion as opposed to those of a bullish one? And how about when the bullish interviews turn to negative discourse because of how the market "can't move higher because of all of the bad in the world"?

Nope...the market letter writers that make the most are those with a bearish slant, and it doesn't matter at all if they're right or not.

Fib