#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...e...amp;_r=1

dharma
thanks chuck! good info

Edited by dharma, 14 February 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#2 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...e...amp;_r=1

dharma
thanks chuck! good info

A very accurate and well written description of the situation. Thefts have increased exponentially, one might add.

-tria :angry:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

I was in a bookstore/café that could neither sell books nor make coffee.

we asked the waitress for a coffee. She thanked us for our order and immediately turned and walked out the front door. My friend explained that the owner of the bookstore/café couldn’t get a license to provide coffee. She had tried to just buy a coffee machine and give the coffee away for free, thinking that lingering patrons would boost book sales.

However, giving away coffee was illegal as well. Instead, the owner had to strike a deal with a bar across the street, whereby they make the coffee and the waitress spends all day shuttling between the bar and the bookstore/café. My friend also explained to me that books could not be purchased at the bookstore, as it was after 6 p.m. and it is illegal to sell books in Greece beyond that hour. I was in a bookstore/café that could neither sell books nor make coffee.

link
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.