Short Positions Over the Weekend?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Since we're talking about inter-market, here's a couple things I look at regularly...

The Dow Jones and the Dow Jones Transports

Posted Image

The NASDAQ and the NASDAQ Transports

Posted Image

#12 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

my grandma had said when inventory builds up, GDP data picks up but if no where to go then transports diverge... similarly, when buildings are built, GDP goes up mightily, but if no where to go (no takers) then, Beijing, we have a problem....

Edited by andiron, 18 February 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#13 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

my grandma had said when inventory builds up, GDP data picks up but if no where to go then transports diverge...
similarly, when buildings are built, GDP goes up mightily, but if no where to go (no takers) then, Beijing, we have a problem....

Other than telling me to always wear clean underwear, my grandma, bless her soul, had also told me that they can always keep building. And, if nobody wants to live in it, they can start building pyramids. Well, O.K., the pyramids idea's from one of my econ professors. Bless his soul.

Unfortunately, nothing's going to stop them from building more, pyramids or buildings.

Edited by TechMan, 18 February 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#14 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

If the NYA goes down today, Jeremy Lin and the NY Knicks may come up short against the lowly Hornets tonight to end their 7-game winning streak.

Posted Image

Obviously, one of the above didn't happen, but another Jeremy Lin double-double today led the Knicks past the defending champion Mavs. This kid's un-freaking-believable. Just imagine the kinda pressure playing at MSG in NYC. Too bad, my hopeless and gutless Golden State Warriors had let him go.

==============

Early trading indicates "risk-on" as Chinese central bank (PBOC) announced an earlier than expected easing by cutting bank reserve ratio by 50 bp.