TTheory says..

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

T Laundry has joinded the bulls for the next 6...18 months as a bubble develops. Hints it is an "AAPL", ie tech bubble maybe. Check his web site for a new T table and his usual rambling tuitoral on his work.

This all happens since the cash build-up has flipped up, but Equities are still rising, no reset for a decline in equities. this is counter-theory and very disruptive. It means a new minor "T" is developing.

His only caution is watch bonds, currently money is going into stocks, if it shifts back to bonds confidence turns down and market corrects.

This is strange, but credible since the Fed "twist" is making long bond less available to institutions and they may be buying equities with the money they are obtaining in the exchange. Hard to tell yet, but institutional buying is developing. The QE effects of the twist are possibly commencing to show in long bond prices and the pour over benefitting equities. I" am spread the SP conracts and this changes little.

TTheory.

Best, Islander

Edited by Islander, 18 February 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#2 redbrush

redbrush

• Traders-Talk User
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Landry was dead wrong from the bottom until the market had already rallied 20%. Then he got bullish. He was advocating that for sure the market would be lower on January 24th then it was at the October lows. He held this position until into January and then flipped without any explanation other then the cash buildup was developing and never explained why his ringing cycle lows and analysis were faulty.

#3 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yes, and his seminar on Nantucket was just as puzzling, he relied on his experience when his theory was questioned as appearing to have gaps, but his management company claims a great record. I just shut-up and drank the cool-aid ™. His followers are very loyal. Just be careful: the EU game is probably not over, the Greeks are looking sly, the election is the US will bring out more money, the US economy may not hold it current up trends. Try not to think about it all, it could hurt your mind. Islander

#4 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Yes, and his seminar on Nantucket was just as puzzling, he relied on his experience when his theory was questioned as appearing to have gaps, but his management company claims a great record. I just shut-up and drank the cool-aid ™. His followers are very loyal.

Just be careful: the EU game is probably not over, the Greeks are looking sly, the election is the US will bring out more money, the US economy may not hold it current up trends. Try not to think about it all, it could hurt your mind.

Islander

So you were there? I was dissapointed. He hid behind silly analogies and his presentation lacked any mathimatical vigor.

ie-
- His optimal moving average concept assumes a strong relationship between harmonics of adj cycles and he says nothing about it.
- He gets very cagey about how is adaptive channels are constructed and talks about them as being adaptive to the whole
spectrum of cycles however clearly that is not the case.

jjc.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

T Theory has been an interesting concept in calm waters where steady tides slowly and predictably carried the water in and out, up and down between stocks and bonds.
I think the typhoon of the FED twist along with HFT computer driven trading, etc. has been totally disruptive to his theory and it's various permutations.

Below is an overview of the Hierarchy of Cycles and Ts compiled by one poster.
"Page" references are apparently pages of his T Theory "Encyclopedia."
It's complexity reminded me of why I like Jack Chan's simple style of trading price.
Which would have you LONG the SPY since December ;)
http://stockcharts.c...06617&r=442.png

This is to give the rational for the application of Ts and cycles. It follows classic logic of major to minor cycles and uses different indicators to estimate each period.
Hierarchy of Cycles
80 yr cycle So long no one lives to remember what happens Page 24
40 yr cycle A few recall this but not many Page 25
7 yr cycle/81 mo M or Mystery Cycle It can skip or be +/-by 18 mo determines lows Page 26
C Cycle Copper as Leading indicator Page 34
Ringing cycle 75days/15wk Predicts lows and sets up at the beginning of a Bull Run it is an oddity of
cycles Page 21
100 wks Bonds moving average for low in ringing cycle Page
76 wks S&P moving average for lows in ringing cycle Page
30 wks Gold moving average for lows in ringing cycle Page

Hierarchy of Ts
Advance Decline Ts These form the Mega Ts. Multi year and The center post are not under part of prior T
Volume Oscillator Ts These are intermediate Ts (can be several per year and can be short term Ts)
MFTs MFI can be used in Sectors usually 2-3 a year so short term
Price Ts These are short range and sector Ts using Money Flow or RSI at 14 days (2-3 per year) Page 29
Bear/Inverted Ts VO and MFTs that are at cycle ends or ringing cycle ends, Cannot be set by themselves they must be at other cycle ends and is a bit subjective = forecast a low coming from fundamental data or confidence index.

Types of T’s
Mega Ts Advance Decline multiyear Ts
Intermediate Ts Volume Oscillator Ts can be several months (2-3 yr) or short term (1 mo)
Short Ts Volume Oscillator or Price (RSI or MFI) One month or more using Daily Vol Osc. To draw.
Bull Ts Begins with Cash Build up to Center Post and then rally to end of T Project a top in the market
Bear Ts Project the bottom but can only be “set” if you know cycle is coming to and end as end date.
Null Echo Double Bottom Ts The end of a T when the center post is set at end of Double Bottom vs. center = Double Top.
Reverse/Inverse Ts Set in conjunction with end of a cycle – ringing cycle with MFTs. – Other cycles with VO and A/D
Red Ts These are after the fact Ts or forced into the VO trend. Used when trend not obvious
What to use to determine Time Ts = estimate of the end of a trend Cycles = estimate of low in price
C Cycle (copper) = its cycles leads market by 3 months.
MFIs = refine the Ts and estimate peaks also can be used for reverse T type estimates
Ringing Cycle = when lows will occur
Moving Averages = to establish the cycle times and support / resistance in rally and declines

Here are the indicators to draw Ts

Indicators for Ts
AD line $NYAD – New York Stock Exchange Advance Decline line Page
ARMS/TRIN: $TRIN overbought or oversold (Hi #s >3.0 or Low # <0.5) Use Mov Avg 1 – 5 -10 days Page 20
Vol Weighted TRIN Parker’s indicator advance decline stock divided by advance divided volume Page 64, 10
Daily Vol Osc Terry’s 0 mid scale and =/- 100 higher bottoms divergence price and VO Page 9, 18
McClellan Osc $NYMO – Col Q Vol Osc Daily, Col K A/D, Col K Vol, Col R Price (see page 22) Page 9
Confidence Indicator FAGIX/VUSTX Page 8
Trends: SPY, VUSTX, FAGIX (can substitute SPY, TLO, HYG Page
Keltner Bands Two Envelope channels defines the Top, Middle, and Bottom of Price (55 – 60 day with 3.7 – 4 ATR)
Envelope Channel 30 day with Standard Deviation of 2.5 = main trading range of price. Page
56 EMA Centerline of price action within envelope Page
MFI 14 day but also test to 7 day to align price Page 40, 38
RSI 14 day but also 7 day to align prices Page

Other Indicators
RASI Long term climax oscillator (multi year) <500 = climax. Page 10-11 & 93
Volume Oscillator The workhorse of “T”s Short and Intermediate Page 10, 64
Volume Weighted Oscillator This shows were the bottom is Page 67
$VIX Low <0.80 = end of trend Page 37
Momentum Oscillator $NYAD/$CPC = trend change Page 62
$TRIN with 5 day Moving Average <0.80 is end of trend sell signal Page
Zwieg Breath Indicator Signals Bull Market for 20% gain – these are very rare Page 71
Cobra’s Non Stop Oscillator $RSP/$CBCE (Cobra’s Mk oscillator) This is not T Theory Page 72
C Cycle Copper to S&P advanced 3 months to show forward Mkt trends Page 34
Posted Image

You got all that? :D

(Where are the cupholders?)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 February 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#6 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

"you know who", (Don Wallenchuk) says via IM that Terry L is not bullish enough. Excuse me, I used to have to button his shirt for him Put your cup on the console between the stations, for goodness sake haven't you ever flown before? That is an old plane, stay out of it. Too many pods.

Edited by Islander, 18 February 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

"you know who" "you know who", (Don Wallenchuk) says via IM that Terry L is not bullish enough. Excuse me, I used to have to button his shirt for him

Put your cup on the console between the stations, for goodness sake haven't you ever flown before?

That is an old plane stay out of it. Too many pods.

He may have a good point but I reminded him of this similar 2007 comment:
(He said to mark it down, and so I did.)
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&st=2005-09-01&en=(today)&i=p90953413674&a=123330694&r=3011.png

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 February 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#8 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Given the number of T's that are available to Terry, Terry is bound to find one that would work - eventually. Just like various Fib levels (from different highs and lows), someone could always point to a specific level that appears to have worked. I haven't delved into Terry's Best Bond strategy but his T-theory is next to useless as he consistently changes his theory to fit what is happening to the market.
Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#9 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Bonds are still overbought and are starting to turn lower... This should be positive for stocks...... I would not be necessarily buy stocks, but I need to switch into other assets, but stocks currently look the best..... Barry

#10 MarketAlly

MarketAlly

• Traders-Talk User
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

T Laundry has joinded the bulls for the next 6...18 months as a bubble develops. Hints it is an "AAPL", ie tech bubble maybe. Check his web site for a new T table and his usual rambling tuitoral on his work.

I like Apple to 575... after that, I will not touch the hockey stick.
The system wasn't designed so that most people could beat it.

* Trading futures and options involves the risk of loss. Please consider carefully whether futures or options are appropriate to your financial situation. Only risk capital should be used when trading futures or options. I do not know your specific risk tolerance or situation