Big Move This Week

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

I hope you would give me a little more credit than that...

I do...but the emotion you showed in a thread on Wednesday when you said "shhhh" suggests to me that may be looking at things that might not be there.

I agree with your large move comment, but the overwhelming evidence suggests an upside resolution.

If you want to know what that might be, let me know.

In the meantime, watch your stops. Better to be wrong and come back another day than get caught in a emotional quandary.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

I hope you would give me a little more credit than that...

I do...but the emotion you showed in a thread on Wednesday when you said "shhhh" suggests to me that may be looking at things that might not be there.

I agree with your large move comment, but the overwhelming evidence suggests an upside resolution.

In the meantime, watch your stops. Better to be wrong and come back another day than get caught in a emotional quandary.

Fib

I like you Fib, I believe your experience makes you a better trader than I...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

That's where you wrong...I'm no better than anyone else.

I am but a mere conduit of the market...it whispers, and I just follow what it has to say.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#14 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

That's where you wrong...I'm no better than anyone else.

I am but a mere conduit of the market...it whispers, and I just follow what it has to say.

Fib

True, I have developed a vast array of charts and market knowledge...

But I became undisciplined, I was looking y when I should have been looking at x...

I never gave much credit to y before but it was telling something different than x...

I have been using x for years and it was giving me a buy signal clearly on the 20th of December and Feb 1st...

After this experience, I know that y is to be noted but not the main attraction...

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

#15 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'd certainly be pleased to take a look at your short term timing evidence, tools, or whatever you may want to offer Fib. Many thanks in advance, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'd certainly be pleased to take a look at your short term timing evidence, tools, or whatever you may want to offer Fib.

In no particular order:

1) NYSE Bond, Preferred, and Specialty issue A/D lines at all time highs as of Friday.

2) NYSE and NASDAQ breadth MCO's showing divergent "oversold" levels on the Stochastic.

3) Put buying very high with an ISEE 65 reading on Friday.

4) Breadth MCSUM's all showing a lack of selling during this one week pause.

5) All of the breadth MCO's are at or near their zero lines suggesting that one side is about to take control.

6) Many small point changes on the MCO's suggest a large move in the major market averages in the next two trading sessions.

7) NYSE Open 10 Trin at "oversold" levels.

There's more, but there's no sense in beating an already wounded bear.

Fib

#17 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

End of month seasonal, if down, allows for 1st of month up, pattern wise. 2-0 this year already. The trick is if it gets front run, then it can turn into a sell. Right now everyone should generally see SPX 1330-1340 as solid support, but seems out of reach unless we had a real down day. Maybe we could get something out of the Middle East to help end of month out, otherwise the grind will continue.

#18 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Excellent Fib. Thanks very much. I use McO's in a different way than you, Tom McClellan, the textbooks, and the rest. In fact purists would call my methods "heresy". So I have a different overall short term outlook based on factors related to your #2 factor.... which dominates my timing work. But we couldn't even have a market if we all agreed on everything. Plus we absolutely agree on the Primary Cycle and the Intermediate Term Trend..... as well as that it will be an very interesting week ahead. Very best regards and continued success, D

Edited by IYB, 26 February 2012 - 10:59 PM.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

In fact purists would call my methods "heresy".

As long as it makes you money that's all that counts.

Fib

#20 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

I'd certainly be pleased to take a look at your short term timing evidence, tools, or whatever you may want to offer Fib.

In no particular order:

1) NYSE Bond, Preferred, and Specialty issue A/D lines at all time highs as of Friday.

2) NYSE and NASDAQ breadth MCO's showing divergent "oversold" levels on the Stochastic.

3) Put buying very high with an ISEE 65 reading on Friday.

4) Breadth MCSUM's all showing a lack of selling during this one week pause.

5) All of the breadth MCO's are at or near their zero lines suggesting that one side is about to take control.

6) Many small point changes on the MCO's suggest a large move in the major market averages in the next two trading sessions.

7) NYSE Open 10 Trin at "oversold" levels.

There's more, but there's no sense in beating an already wounded bear.

Fib

Thanks for sharing...

It seems to me the setup on NYMO and NAMO are on a ledge and want to take another step lower...

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest