are we approaching recognition?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

i am phrasing this in the form of a question alex! because its too early for me to say definitively. however if the correction is finished , in the big picture that is what i think is happening. on the world stage one of the largest buyers on the stage is india. over generations, the indian banksters have caused more currency devaluations, then we can imagine. it is so ingrained in their psyche, that rather than put money saved in the bank, they buy gold. however, in this time the indian tax on imported gold was raised from 2% to 4% and ever since that occurred , the indian gold dealers have been on strike. this has taken a very large buyer fo physical out of the equation. the 8.6 year cycle has been a feature of the gold market. the last significant bottom was in 08, some folks around these parts have been calling for an 08 type massacre(wave 2). well guess what, we are having it. dont think so? take a look @the miners. many miners have not surpassed their 07 highs, in spite of the fact that gold has more than doubled from its 08 lows. c'mon man the miners have been issuing shares , printing money , as fast as the fed. i dont know how many stocks are in the gold/silver mining universe, but its alot. of those, how many actually have gold , how many have gold that is worth mining, and how many have the experience necessary to set up and run a mine. so the wheat has not been separated from the chaff. i dont know when this occurs, but i believe it is soon. ok getting back to the 8.6 yr cycle, which divides into 2 4.3 year cycles , which brings us to april 12, right where we are right now. the lows could be in or we could be a week or 2 away from the 4.3 yr cycle lows. this is a major cycle low that we are dealing w/ . sentiment , which of course could go to a further extreme, is @an extreme should it seek lower lows. what we do know is 1523, the low of dec 29,11 has been the low of this correction , we have just produced our 2nd higher low amid dismal sentiment. things sure are gloomy out there. i have redeployed all my mfn money, and now am in wait move. when do the indian gold dealers get back to work.? when does the fed introduce qe............whatever. have they stopped creating money?there are so many catalysts out there. wait i will dharma

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

i am phrasing this in the form of a question alex! because its too early for me to say definitively. however if the correction is finished , in the big picture that is what i think is happening. on the world stage one of the largest buyers on the stage is india. over generations, the indian banksters have caused more currency devaluations, then we can imagine. it is so ingrained in their psyche, that rather than put money saved in the bank, they buy gold. however, in this time the indian tax on imported gold was raised from 2% to 4% and ever since that occurred , the indian gold dealers have been on strike. this has taken a very large buyer fo physical out of the equation.
the 8.6 year cycle has been a feature of the gold market. the last significant bottom was in 08, some folks around these parts have been calling for an 08 type massacre(wave 2). well guess what, we are having it. dont think so? take a look @the miners. many miners have not surpassed their 07 highs, in spite of the fact that gold has more than doubled from its 08 lows. c'mon man the miners have been issuing shares , printing money , as fast as the fed. i dont know how many stocks are in the gold/silver mining universe, but its alot. of those, how many actually have gold , how many have gold that is worth mining, and how many have the experience necessary to set up and run a mine. so the wheat has not been separated from the chaff. i dont know when this occurs, but i believe it is soon. ok getting back to the 8.6 yr cycle, which divides into 2 4.3 year cycles , which brings us to april 12, right where we are right now. the lows could be in or we could be a week or 2 away from the 4.3 yr cycle lows. this is a major cycle low that we are dealing w/ . sentiment , which of course could go to a further extreme, is @an extreme should it seek lower lows.
what we do know is 1523, the low of dec 29,11 has been the low of this correction , we have just produced our 2nd higher low amid dismal sentiment. things sure are gloomy out there. i have redeployed all my mfn money, and now am in wait move.
when do the indian gold dealers get back to work.?
when does the fed introduce qe............whatever. have they stopped creating money?there are so many catalysts out there.
wait i will
dharma

I mentioned this sentiment composite below but with the question you just posed it bears mentioning here. One can certainly make the case that sentiment is as primed as it gets for a grande move higher, bueno start to the week so far.

http://www.acting-man.com/?p=15935

BSing away

Senor

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

i am phrasing this in the form of a question alex! because its too early for me to say definitively. however if the correction is finished , in the big picture that is what i think is happening. on the world stage one of the largest buyers on the stage is india. over generations, the indian banksters have caused more currency devaluations, then we can imagine. it is so ingrained in their psyche, that rather than put money saved in the bank, they buy gold. however, in this time the indian tax on imported gold was raised from 2% to 4% and ever since that occurred , the indian gold dealers have been on strike. this has taken a very large buyer fo physical out of the equation.
the 8.6 year cycle has been a feature of the gold market. the last significant bottom was in 08, some folks around these parts have been calling for an 08 type massacre(wave 2). well guess what, we are having it. dont think so? take a look @the miners. many miners have not surpassed their 07 highs, in spite of the fact that gold has more than doubled from its 08 lows. c'mon man the miners have been issuing shares , printing money , as fast as the fed. i dont know how many stocks are in the gold/silver mining universe, but its alot. of those, how many actually have gold , how many have gold that is worth mining, and how many have the experience necessary to set up and run a mine. so the wheat has not been separated from the chaff. i dont know when this occurs, but i believe it is soon. ok getting back to the 8.6 yr cycle, which divides into 2 4.3 year cycles , which brings us to april 12, right where we are right now. the lows could be in or we could be a week or 2 away from the 4.3 yr cycle lows. this is a major cycle low that we are dealing w/ . sentiment , which of course could go to a further extreme, is @an extreme should it seek lower lows.
what we do know is 1523, the low of dec 29,11 has been the low of this correction , we have just produced our 2nd higher low amid dismal sentiment. things sure are gloomy out there. i have redeployed all my mfn money, and now am in wait move.
when does the fed introduce qe............whatever. have they stopped creating money?there are so many catalysts out there.
wait i will
dharma

I mentioned this sentiment composite below but with the question you just posed it bears mentioning here. One can certainly make the case that sentiment is as primed as it gets for a grande move higher, bueno start to the week so far.

http://www.acting-man.com/?p=15935

BSing away

Senor

thanks for that piece senor, interesting read. it just supports my point- we are @ a major cycle low!!! sentiment , in spite of 11years of bull market sentiment @ an extreme! the heart of the market feels heavy. well w/the torrents of dumping the miners, my question is who has been accumulating them. might it be the same folks who bought canada's and englands sales @300??? are these stocks not in the gutter , ripe for accumulation?????????????? we will only know in retrospect!!!!
dharma

#4 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

wait i will
dharma

Dharma,
Apr 13 is a 39 Gann calendar day too. I agree with what you are saying..either the lows are in or we are within 2 weeks away for a 4.3 yr cycle low. I believe John (Silentone) is looking for the same regarding a major Hurst cycle 4 1/2 low..lots of vibration out there ...

we are headed towards a full moon this week and one day short this week so it's possible we might retest one more time..your suggestion lines up with the bullish period Apr 6-20th for when Mercury goes Saggi too. so far 1681 is resistance today.. But what looks good so far are the miners. If this holds and they could be the next leaders. It's just time now. That's all.
TM

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

wait i will
dharma

Dharma,
Apr 13 is a 39 Gann calendar day too. I agree with what you are saying..either the lows are in or we are within 2 weeks away for a 4.3 yr cycle low. I believe John (Silentone) is looking for the same regarding a major Hurst cycle 4 1/2 low..lots of vibration out there ...

we are headed towards a full moon this week and one day short this week so it's possible we might retest one more time..your suggestion lines up with the bullish period Apr 6-20th for when Mercury goes Saggi too. so far 1681 is resistance today.. But what looks good so far are the miners. If this holds and they could be the next leaders. It's just time now. That's all.
TM

no retest IMO amigo, it's either bottomed or very bearish - I am bullish. IMO we go up hard norte, take out last weeks lows and I may go short.

NO BS

Senor

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

senor- between us we have over 60 years experience in this biz. sometimes a trader has to make a stand -alone! this is one of those times. of course @ this point nothing is definitive. but, like every one else i am entitled to an opinion. and my opinions is we have seen an extreme. the bottom is in. the indian gold dealers , one of the largest, if not the largest buyers of gold in the world are on strike. perfect! the lows are in. just an opinion. that is my 2c. could i be wrong???ou betcha! personally i never ever short a bull market. i ride! and i am all in and riding! for better or worse. it doesnt get much louder , bell ringing , then it did last week, and that was a higher low!!!!!!!!!1 dharma folks do your own due diligence!

#7 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

wait i will
dharma

Dharma,

TM

no retest IMO amigo, it's either bottomed or very bearish - I am bullish. IMO we go up hard norte, take out last weeks lows and I may go short.

NO BS

Senor

I'm bullish too but why a higher low retest would be bad? I have had gold on a buy since last week when it hit 1680 using Dorsey's Pnf...only 1620 for me would be bearish. I'm not an Ewaver so maybe that's what you are referring to but a restest for a higher low to me would be still bulllish. I guess it's all relative to what TA method one uses. No matter, it's going up if it isn't now, it will be soon imo. Thanks for your input,Senor.
TM

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

senor- between us we have over 60 years experience in this biz. sometimes a trader has to make a stand -alone! this is one of those times. of course @ this point nothing is definitive. but, like every one else i am entitled to an opinion. and my opinions is we have seen an extreme. the bottom is in. the indian gold dealers , one of the largest, if not the largest buyers of gold in the world are on strike. perfect! the lows are in. just an opinion. that is my 2c. could i be wrong???ou betcha! personally i never ever short a bull market. i ride! and i am all in and riding! for better or worse. it doesnt get much louder , bell ringing , then it did last week, and that was a higher low!!!!!!!!!1
dharma
folks do your own due diligence!

I am totally with you amigo, could be a really fun year, everyone has to do their own due diligence and have points where they admit they are wrong, I love the risk reward here, lest weeks low are huge for me. BTW there read an article that suggested China has been a big buyer into this weakness, FWIW.

Senor

#9 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

wait i will
dharma

Dharma,

TM

NO BS

Senor

I'm bullish too but why a higher low retest would be bad? I have had gold on a buy since last week when it hit 1680 using Dorsey's Pnf...only 1620 for me would be bearish. I'm not an Ewaver so maybe that's what you are referring to but a restest for a higher low to me would be still bulllish. I guess it's all relative to what TA method one uses. No matter, it's going up if it isn't now, it will be soon imo. Thanks for your input,Senor.
TM

because wave patterns IMO tell me the low is in if it's bullish, after a bueno rally I don't mind a 50% retracement of the initial rally, but IMO prices should go no where near those lows. Just an opinion

Senor

#10 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

wait i will
dharma

Dharma,

TM

NO BS

Senor

TM

because wave patterns IMO tell me the low is in if it's bullish, after a bueno rally I don't mind a 50% retracement of the initial rally, but IMO prices should go no where near those lows. Just an opinion

Senor

Thanks Senor. I'm ready any time...

TM