http://i931.photobuc...lypitchfork.jpg

gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

what i do know is 1523 was a major cycle low. can it be a false signal, ie another cycle is now dominating? sure it could. rsi on weekly charts are now @08 levels. this thing is deeply oversold and all the bears are out and loud. the last highs were in the 1920s and the lows were 1523 , so on an intermediate term basis, we are in a tr. no one is always right. sure this thing looks like crap, its what markets look like @bottoms. well is this the bottom, i dont know but, whati do know is gold looks good, until it falls out of that bull flag. some of the above posters have not been long for the entire bull market. for gold this is a normal correction of the 1523-1920s advance. the miners have performed dismally since the crash in 08. i have heard theories on it. i dont have answers. i do know miners mine gold/silver. i do know that the crises is about sovereign debt, which grows daily. i do know that no fiat currency throughout record history has ever lasted. so,, i wait. i dont get leveraged. the howls went up in 08 folks calling for the end of the bull. the 07 highs were dusted. the problem for some is they take positions only looking for blue skies, the market corrects and they are forced to run for the exits. put up a chart going back to the beginning of the bull market, if the bull looks finished , then its time for you to look for greener pastures. if it doesnt look complete, then ride. if the debt crises has been resolved and you believe the economy is set to soar, then its time to discard gold. this goes back and forth : risk on , risk off. its like styles they come and go. the turth is the sovereign debt cannot and will not be paid.take a look @greece, it was 1st up. take a look @germany after ww1. right now there is an election coming up in the usa. we are going to elect one of the 2 heads of the same monster. lower gas prices will bring the shepple to the incumbent. never mind their rights have been shredded. folks this is all about sovereign debt based in fiat currencies. gold has been money for 5k years. dont think so, i got some time. lets see what happens down the road! dharma

Edited by dharma, 05 April 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#63 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

From Eric De Groot's Insights:

Volume reveals the difference between muscles and inflated balloons. A test and/or break of high volume swing low (climax bottom) on decreasing volume suggests waning downside force or inflated balloons passing as muscles. The magenta circles highlight the last three climax bottoms. The blue arrows directly following them mark the low volume tests and/or breaks of support. Gold within a backdrop of price induced fear showed signs of waning downside force in September/October and December of 2011. A similar setup exists in March/April of 2012.

http://1.bp.blogspot...s/s1600/GLD.PNG

-tria ;)

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#64 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Just incredible !!!

http://media.chrisma...Daily-price.jpg

-tria :o

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#65 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

tria- i read de groot. i think you pointed me over there. how is life in greece ? what is going on, not much talk in the press! thanks dharma

#66 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

The bull market looks over. WILL SEE>

#67 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Volume reveals the difference between muscles and inflated balloons. A test and/or break of high volume swing low (climax bottom) on decreasing volume suggests waning downside force or inflated balloons passing as muscles. The magenta circles highlight the last three climax bottoms. The blue arrows directly following them mark the low volume tests and/or breaks of support. Gold within a backdrop of price induced fear showed signs of waning downside force in September/October and December of 2011. A similar setup exists in March/April of 2012.

-tria ;)

tria,

just to make sure I got that correctly. This is bullish, at least short term, right?

Thanks, gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#68 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

-tria ;)

tria,

just to make sure I got that correctly. This is bullish, at least short term, right?

Thanks, gis

Yes Gis, could be short term bullish. Similar situation like at the end of December 2011.

-tia

~ Wayne Gretzky

#69 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

tria- i read de groot. i think you pointed me over there.
how is life in greece ? what is going on, not much talk in the press!
thanks
dharma

Dharma,

Life is fairly quiet in Athens whilst waiting for the early May elections, after which no party could/will have the majority to form a Government....
Mind you the suicides numbers have increased by about 40%....

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#70 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

I forgot to mention that as Rogerdodger posted the other day Terry Laundry is indeed looking for $1,450ish with the low either at the end of June/early July or at the end of 2012/early 2013. Then a possible trending Gold market. His long term 'T' expires near 2020. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky