• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well the hits keep on coming. Not sure how anyone can characterize this as a "recovery" but with new claims running close to 400,000 per week, the bleeding at companies just ain't stopping, and while "profits" look in the large publicly traded stocks, the rest of the economy is sucking wind. Of course we all know the unemployment numbers are fabrications of government machinations, but suffice it to say we are easily running over a true 15% unemployment level right now. Considering that 56% of new college graduates can't get a job, or can only get one part time at a McDonalds, I'd say even 15% isn't reflecting of truly what's happening on a national level. I guess people are learning to live "without" on many levels, but the people who "have" keep on buying those Ipods and IPhones and Ipads, of which hundreds of thousands of Americans are building in American factories....oops sorry. typo. Meant thousands of Chinese child laborers... :rolleyes: Of course we all benefit from Apples high profits don't we ? At least maybe the Sbux and local shops in and around Cupertino do. But I digress. Surely we are not seeing real unemployment figures and a lot is being kicked under the rug. But all is well and good according to CNBC, CNN, ABC, and every other pollyana media outlet controlled by our (oops again)....better not go there....could scare the sheeple. <_<
OTIS.