a bottom!?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#11 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

bottoms create confusion , no doubt. that is why i said a low. these levels in gold/miners were/are buying oppotunities Besides buying NAK at $2.50/oz Gold when others rush to pay $1500 plus, a few other B.U.T.T. deals that I monetized in no particular order: GBG at 49¢/share ... $8.10/oz Gold SEA at $13/share ... $4.40/oz Gold XRC at $1.75/share ... $3.98/oz Gold GWA at 10¢/share ... $11.40/oz Gold ITH at $2.75/share ... $10.20/oz Gold CKG at $8.75/share ... $13.20/oz Gold then i ask myself what was goldman sachs doing in india?????? what about these runs on spanish banks? the spanish banks getting downgraded? spanish debt being downgraded producing higher yields!?runs on greek banks, belgium, france, and italy! did i leave any one out. how long before another ltro? how long can they wait? so many questions. miners and metals rallied in tandem yesterday. 1st time in a long while. and hgnsi remained @-14.8% yesterday indicating advisers are still net short and recommend shorting the market. market vanes bullish consensus rose 2 points to 53%. so clearly the market is heavy w/shorts as it was in08. what happens around 1600, the break of the trendline? what happens around the#s traderama lists above. grab some popcorn and take a seat. the solar and lunar eclipse happens on the 20th, eclipses have strong effects on markets. there have been studies done on this interesting studies. puertz and carolan come to mind. there is definitely potential here for a big rally, lets see what we get! i gave my projected date for a potential top yesterday. we got time, we are working off an extremely oversold condition. this has the potential to run. lets see what happens. i said what i think @ the beginning of thread and that is and will be my thinking until/if the market proves otherwise. enjoy this rally. if it happens now or later, doesnt matter. it will happen. its the nature of the beast. dharma seems the fed is talking qe!? is it politically correct to qe now!? so many questions

Edited by dharma, 18 May 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

listening now gandrich presentation @the ny hard money conference 5/15/12
http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

dharma

#13 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I think PMs have bottomed. However, it doesn't mean that it's a rocket shot up because everything else is falling apart. The big guys know the next global quantitative easing is coming up. They are loading up. China would be stupid not to buy hard assets before the QE announcement. They should be buying this decline with both hands.

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

gold sentiment little changed from thursday. short the euro is a very crowded space. greek elections on the 17th of june, might they vote for some lefties, call for an end to austerity, and exit from the euro. they cant print drachma and be in the union! meanwhile the miners sit @ a gold price of 700 w/the real gold price hovering around 1600. talk about value. all miners are not equal, the sector involves doing your homework, not just buying names. the miners vs gold charts show a retest of the 08 lows. sometimes obvious situations require patience. yesterday was the solar eclipse and new moon. we are in a rally phase, lets see what it brings. if there is no game changer on the is rally, then look for the 1520 area to be tested. above 1800 is the game changer. otherwise i fully expect the double bottom to be tested and broken. there are alot of potentially gold positive situations out there, and you dont have to look hard. lets see what happens. dharma the faceplant ipo had 20-25% retail buying, i dont think that one has a happy ending.

Edited by dharma, 21 May 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

has everyone lost interest in the pms? the miners were pushed down to 08 levels on very light volume , as compared to 08. when this thing finally turns , watch out. for 1k if you buy gg , you can get 4 ounces of gold. for 1k you can get 5oz of gold buying ego. these are extraordinary values. dharma

#16 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

has everyone lost interest in the pms?

the miners were pushed down to 08 levels on very light volume , as compared to 08. when this thing finally turns , watch out. for 1k if you buy gg , you can get 4 ounces of gold. for 1k you can get 5oz of gold buying ego. these are extraordinary values.

dharma

Not at all dharma,

Just waiting for the inevitable outcome with patience and resolute.
I bought GDX @39.70 and sold it too early for a 6% profit. Almost fully loaded otherwise, but will lighten up a bit by end of May to early Jume. Traders market till proven otherwise.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

so the g8 ended and as expected they affirmed growth as opposed to austerity(siding w/obama and hollande). and said they will keep greece in the eu. of course this caught the market hoarde leaning towards more correction and thus the trend change on the new moon. i am awaiting a large rally in the euro , catching the large short position there off guard. so far , so good. dharma

#18 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

has everyone lost interest in the pms?

the miners were pushed down to 08 levels on very light volume , as compared to 08. when this thing finally turns , watch out. for 1k if you buy gg , you can get 4 ounces of gold. for 1k you can get 5oz of gold buying ego. these are extraordinary values.

dharma

what's there to say?..but show me the gold..LOL!
http://kingworldnews...Swiss_Bank.html
TM

#19 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

miners still leading..44 is a pnf buy signal on gdx..and if it closes over that I believe it would be a chan buy too...it's a sneeze away..but if it stalls there..then it could be a warning sign of a retracement back down TM

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

the g8 summit ended

http://www.reuters.c...E84H06F20120520
as you can tell from this piece we are rapidly approaching the recognition phase, doesnt mean that the down phase is over. but, it does mean that the system is in trouble. runs on a variety of european banks is the order of the day. it happened here, in the 30s, so dont think that we are immune. i have followed egon for years now, he told his clients to buy gold @300, its interesting to get the view of someone who lives in switzerland-thanks traderama. there is more to go in this rally. some folks are saying gold could go down, but the miners can go up. maybe. @the very top in 80 it happened. the miners seem very washed out. time reveals all. painted pictures get folks from one side of the boat to the other.
dharma
the fb ipo had 20-25% retail customers subscribed to it. they will be seen as getting fleeced.
and wall st wonders why volume is down!
when one stops banging their head against the wall they feel better!

Edited by dharma, 22 May 2012 - 09:29 AM.