massive rally ahead

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

HP is now showing unexitable ads when one clicks on a topic. It seems to be contagious. PS: Google gives me "about" 41,900 returns in 0.24 seconds for "Lexus sucks" and "about" 33,300 returns in 0.23 seconds for "HP sucks." But then, I really didn't need Google for that. :)

Edited by selecto, 01 June 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#22 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,019 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

WTH are those folks doing? Let me see what's what... M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#23 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,019 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Tell me about the ad. Evidently, there are like 10 different Lexis ads and about 7 HP ads. Are these "full page" ads or pops? Or just bigass java ads? Are there formatting issues with them, too? Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#24 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Selecto, In IE go to Tools (Alt X) and then to Internet Options and click on Privacy and then check the box on the page to turn on your pop up blocker to block ALL pop ups. When you want to open a link and have a pop up, right click and open it or hit control Alt when clicking on a link. One can also include website exceptions by opening the settings box in the pop up blocker and list the instances when viewing pop ups and links at a particular website are desired, such as a broker. You will never see a pop up ad again. Geo

Edited by Geomean, 01 June 2012 - 01:59 PM.

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#25 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,019 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

These are interstitials. I think they are geotargeted too. I'm not seeing them. Infact, I can't get them to run for me. funny, that. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#26 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I don't know the technical stuff. Both are full screen ads which one must "experience" before the post appears. The Lexus ad has a click-to-exit which doesn't work, HP nothing.

#27 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

I don't have a single ad bothering me ever, not saying other people don't. Only change (not a problem) for me is the data in the middle. That is all.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#28 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Here is a print screen of one of them. I can put my pop up blocker on high, it won't stop them.

Posted Image

#29 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Well, I clicked on this thread to see what CLK had to say, and I got
this ad - it is the fourth time - count 'em, 1-2-3-4, that I have gotten
an ad on this thread alone today. I know I can change browsers, get
blocking software, install firewalls, etc., etc. And let those mo-fos win?
Never! :angry:

Posted Image

#30 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Selecto,

In IE go to Tools (Alt X) and then to Internet Options and click on Privacy and then check the box on the page to turn on your pop up blocker to block ALL pop ups.

You will never see a pop up ad again.

Geo

Sorry, that doesn't always work. I've been seeing the ads for days and have had that pop up blocker checked forever. I had been getting the Lexus ad....at first couldn't turn it off.....then I could click "skip ad" and it would close. Just got the Intel pop-up when checking this thread again. Starting to get like Yahoo and ESPN aroung here.....no...I take that back. Yahoo is using so much page memory that I am seriously considering changing my home page away from Yahoo Finance. Freakin' developers are getting so invasive.....pretty soon.....you're going to have to make sure you don't have a computer in your bedroom......

Edited by Iblayz, 01 June 2012 - 03:21 PM.