31 replies to this topic

#21 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

Ever since then breasts and movies have gained in popularity.

Please explain the problem with that.

btw: I saw that movie and had to sneak in the movie house. The shadow of him laying her down in the hay --HAS NEVER left my memory. :cat: :wub:

O' that is why I am so --------------
[attachment=19849:images.jpg]
mss

Edited by mss, 24 July 2012 - 02:26 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#22 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

Please explain the problem with that.

Those double-barreled weapons have caused the demise of more men than we could ever count. :wub:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 July 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#23 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Here's one reason why I personally choose passive security measures over guns:

Tulsa 3-year-old shoots self with parents' gun, police say

#24 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Colorado Gun Sales Surge 43%...

DENVER — Firearms sales are surging in the wake of the Colorado movie massacre as buyers express fears about both personal safety and anti-gun lawmakers who might use the shooting to seek new weapons restrictions.
In Colorado, the site of Friday's shooting that killed 12 and injured dozens of others, gun sales jumped in the three days that followed. The state approved background checks for 2,887 people who wanted to purchase a firearm — 25 percent more than the average Friday to Sunday period in 2012 and 43 percent more than the same interval the week prior.
Dick Rutan, owner of Gunners Den in suburban Arvada, Colo., said requests for concealed-weapon training certification "are off the hook." His four-hour course in gun safety, required for certification for a concealed-weapons permit in Colorado, has drawn double the interest since Friday.

"What they're saying is: They want to have a chance."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 July 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#25 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

BOGDANOVICH: MOVIES PARTLY TO BLAME
The director of "Targets" says: "People go to a movie to have a good time, and they get killed. … It makes me sick that I made a movie about it."
In an eerie foreshadowing of the Colorado tragedy, his 1968 Targets ends with a sniper picking off teenagers at a drive-in movie theater.

HURT: Hollywood mastermind of massacre...

Senseless? Really? If by “senseless” you mean mass murder carried out almost precisely from the scripts of your own movies, then, sure, it was “senseless.”

As for you, Sean Penn, you paragon of endless moralizing, we would like to thank you, too, for underwriting last week’s ultra-violence and real-life carnage at the movie theater. One of the last scenes that 6-year-old saw in her precious life was a trailer for your movie.
In the final clip of a trailer filled with orgiastic bloodshed, you have some classy “actors” with machine guns unload from behind a movie screen into a crowd seated in a theater, watching a film. Ring a bell, Sean? Sound familiar?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 July 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#26 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

WARNER BROS. and Its Decades of Violent Films...

#27 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Roger Slow to get back here. You have contributed many interesting thoughts which any good discussion needs. Why can't world solutions be black and white :-). As for your question about removing weapons from criminals, it is a very hard task in a society so saturated with weapons. The standard solutions are:- Offer good money (way above true value) for a hand-in with no prosecutions. Add a standard add-on sentence for a crime with a gun. ie. 5 years. Some US sentencing is crazy. Never to be released for a rape, and add 100 years for murder of the victim. That encourages murder as you have a better chance of escape with the murder and no worse outcome! Obviously registration of weapons and ammunition purchases etc. Of course my interpretation of the US constitution sees gun possession in the context of "a well regulated militia". Where is the "well regulated militia" ? A well regulated militia would have a storage centre perhaps but at least someone in control of individual weaponry.

#28 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Crime enforcement? A wonderful idea. But it is racists. Haven't you heard?
If violent criminals were taken off the street, you would see a dramatic drop in gun sales because the public would not see the urgent need that they do now. I'm always amazed by the long rap sheets of criminals who were merely slapped on the hands after a plea bargain and released.
Many police officers opine that the criminals are usually back on the street before the report can be filled out.
Remember that cops only come AFTER a crime. But they do fill out a very nice report that you can show your friends.
This past weekend in Chicago (where they are really cracking down on gangs...LOL) it took cops 30 minutes to arrive on the scene of a flash mob riot!
In New York the crime problem has been solved by banning salt, soda and now baby formula. They are really tough there.

Sadly the war on drugs has overcrowded our prisons with non-violent offenders.
The prison system is another Union slush fund where guards are paid better than college grads.
"That's right-instead of paying more than $200,000 to attend Harvard, you could earn $3,050 a month at cadet academy.
Training only takes four months, and upon graduating you can look forward to a job with great health, dental and vision benefits and a starting base salary between $45,288 and $65,364. By comparison, Harvard grads can expect to earn $49,897 fresh out of college and $124,759 after 20 years."

http://gawker.com/57...s-have-it-easy/

Personally I prefer the idea of exiling criminals to a prison island such as Australia.
It worked quite nicely in the past.

This lady was caught 3 times with drugs and got LIFE in prison.
Too bad she wasn't a violent criminal with a gun.
(She's smiling because her conviction was overthrown when it was learned that crocked cops (now in jail themselves) were planting the drugs on her!)
Posted Image

Anyway your "solution" of cracking down on crimes committed with weapons has been implemented for years now.
Criminals and wackos don't really view that as a deterrent.

Banning guns to prevent murder is a bit like banning matches to prevent arson. There are many ways to commit arson besides matches.
Violent criminals will always find a way to kill, and it's much easier to kill an unarmed victim.
Almost all dead victims were unarmed.

When you find a way to get all guns away from all criminals and wackos, let us know.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 July 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#29 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

The NRA's Political Muscle? It's Got Nothing on Hollywood
For instance, Time Warner, the parent company of Warner Bros., the studio that produced "The Dark Knight Rises," has given almost $22 million in campaign contributions since 1989. And that's just one of the six major studios.
The NRA, by contrast, has given almost $19 million, over the same amount of time.
George Clooney's Hollywood fundraiser raised almost that much in one night for political influence.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 July 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#30 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Another one against Sikhs. Yawn! Becoming so common, probably not worth reporting. If no one is going to anything about the massacres, please don't expect sympathy. You've lost mine. Go play in the middle of the highway and tell us why you can't avoid being hit by trucks Pathetic.