sec needs to look into it

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Are you seeing "the" high around Aug 20-30, and "the" low of 2012 in Dec. ?

I don't have a starting or ending point with prices in this specific context..only that we're likely to top out in the 1st quarter of 2013.

We'll just have to cross that actual bridge later on once we get more information.

HAVE ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?

Seen what before?

Fib

I wonder if you have read the whole sentence you still ask for what?

#12 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

"This is getting very funny and fishy. HAVE ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?"

OK...what exactly is getting funny and fishy?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#13 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

"This is getting very funny and fishy. HAVE ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?"

OK...what exactly is getting funny and fishy?

Fib

Are you following the thread of this email? I said internals today in big red but prices holding up.

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Are you following the thread of this email? I said internals today in big red but prices holding up.

You did...and I suggested that having less than 2:1 negative breadth wasn't at all a "big red" kind of day.

Then further down you made your post - right after q4wer mentioned something about the VIX - with absolutely no reference to your original post.

So...evidently, you don't read or care about what other people write in your thread.

I was attempting to be helpful. You evidently don't want any help even though you continue to struggle terribly when it comes to breadth and volume analysis - posting things that have absolutely nothing to do with market mechanics that would give you the current insight you're looking for - and seemingly providing such posts to reaffirm a bearish bias that probably isn't making you any money.

Keep thinking the wrong things if you wish, that's OK with me. I was only attempting to find out what you never seen before in what I thought was the preceding post on the VIX some 9 minutes before.

Please excuse me for being confused as to your reference. I'll try to get it right the next time. <_<

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#15 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

You did...and I suggested that having less than 2:1 negative breadth wasn't at all a "big red" kind of day.

Then further down you made your post - right after q4wer mentioned something about the VIX - with absolutely no reference to your original post.

So...evidently, you don't read or care about what other people write in your thread.

I was attempting to be helpful. You evidently don't want any help even though you continue to struggle terribly when it comes to breadth and volume analysis - posting things that have absolutely nothing to do with market mechanics that would give you the current insight you're looking for - and seemingly providing such posts to reaffirm a bearish bias that probably isn't making you any money.

Keep thinking the wrong things if you wish, that's OK with me. I was only attempting to find out what you never seen before in what I thought was the preceding post on the VIX some 9 minutes before.

Please excuse me for being confused as to your reference. I'll try to get it right the next time. <_<

Fib

Fib: I still remember the very first time you picked up on my post and you claimed cumulative NYAD is NYMO. It shows you just pretend you are an expert in internals and actually you don't fully understand it. Period. You like to make troubles with anyone's posts who does not agree with your analysis. Here, I ask you leave my posts forever and I do not need your "help".

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 August 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Fib: I still remember the very first time you picked up on my post and you claimed cumulative NYAD is NYMO. It shows you just pretend you are an expert in internals and actually you don't fully understand it. Period. You like to make troubles with anyone's posts who does not agree with your analysis. Here, I ask you leave my posts forever and I do not need your "help".

As you wish, but the NYMO does measure the short term trend of the NYAD line....the MCSUM measures the intermediate term trend of this same NYAD line.

To think otherwise is pure folly...it is what it is.

Fib

#17 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

HAVE ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?

Red- here is what, specifically, is completely "out of whack" and unusual: It's VIX (and VXN). Yes I've seen this before, but it is an extremely rare condition and usually comes in the vicinity of an important "top" of some sort.... short term or intermediate term or both. Note the following charts as examples of how VIX has dropped in recent sessions to very extreme "overbought" levels versus SPX and other market internals. When VIX turns, so will the market. But NOT until.... Best, D

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX:$VIX&p=D&yr=0&mn=8&dy=0&i=p87477280829&a=270840191&r=79.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$VIX&p=60&yr=0&mn=1&dy=0&i=p12838055490&a=180574212&r=772.png

Edited by IYB, 13 August 2012 - 09:52 PM.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

IYB: I agree it's the naked manipulation of VIX, which can be conveniently done by assigning arbitrary values to the parameters in the calculation of VIX. Remember, this volatility index was set to down more than 3 points on a volatile day where SPX finally settled down 10 points on that ECB day on Aug 2nd. They really want to ruin this market.

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 August 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Look at both NAAD and NAUD yesterday and today while NDX kept rising:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NAA...id=p76443432846

Here is NYAD and NYUD chart:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYA...id=p02871573766

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 August 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#20 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

Look at both NAAD and NAUD yesterday and today while NDX kept rising:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NAA...id=p76443432846

Here is NYAD and NYUD chart:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYA...id=p02871573766

I meant look at Friday Aug 10 and today Monday Aug 13.

There have been naked manipulations of the market since Aug 1st. Where is the SEC?

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 August 2012 - 01:03 AM.