BUY THE DIPS

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Since I've identified Thursday, 11/15/2012, as "a" bottom (red arrow), the SPX has gone up 2.5% on the closing basis.

You've identified a bottom long before that. SPX is only 0.5% up since you identified a bottom. If you want you and me to waste resources, I will post links. Let's not go there. Have a good night everyone!
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#12 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Since I've identified Thursday, 11/15/2012, as "a" bottom (red arrow), the SPX has gone up 2.5% on the closing basis.

You've identified a bottom long before that. SPX is only 0.5% up since you identified a bottom. If you want you and me to waste resources, I will post links. Let's not go there. Have a good night everyone!

All the usual suspects...

#13 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

You said it's a very "important" day because it's a momentum initiation day before the "next leg down". I wouldn't call 7 points between 11/7 and today is the "next leg down".

Aww. I'm sorry you feel let down by only 4% followthrough. Your experience with downtrends is limited to the one from the last year when the market went down a [bleeep] of points every day, and you probably thought they all look like that. But they don't all look the same, let me assure you. However the series of lower lows and lower highs does still qualify as a downtrend. And they are quite frequently interrupted by sucker's rallies, some of which can be quite vicious and look like and IT uptrend is just around the corner.

Unfortunately uptrend is defined as a series of higher lows and higher highs, so unless we get at least one higher low followed by at least one higher high ( which often turn out to be bear flags in downtrends ), its too early to drop the caution every time market bounces a few points.

But its OK. You'll learn to read charts in time and will throw your fancy tools out the window when you'll get tired of losing money.

"I feel let down, my experience, learn to read charts, losing money..."

Getting personal? All these innuendos and conjectures all just because of your wrong call?

Take it like a man, and learn from your mistakes.

#14 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey , lol, you asked for it. I tried to be nice. Nothing more fun then to pick on the guy with little knowledge and gigantic ego :) So, which part of the market is forward looking? the 10% decline or the 2.5% bounce ? Any specific levels where you expect the markets to dip ? How high do you expect the market to go up after that dip ? whats the risk/reward ? What would be your que to stop out ?

Edited by ogm, 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#15 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Nothing more fun then to pick on the guy with little knowledge and gigantic ego :)

What do you think I'm doing here with you? This is what I'm talking about.

#16 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Nothing more fun then to pick on the guy with little knowledge and gigantic ego :)

Any smart {bleeeep} replies on the rest of my questions ?

C'mon, you're advising people to "buy the dips", because the market is "forward looking" ... walk me through.

Edited by ogm, 20 November 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#17 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Any smart {bleeeep} replies on the rest of my questions ?

C'mon, you're advising people to "buy the dips", because the market is "forward looking" ... walk me through.

Yeah, right, walk you through, as though I'm going to get serious about your questions.

#18 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Let's be objective, Techman, not subjective. http://www.traders-t...?...st&p=637478

You poked at the bottom call for almost 6 sessions before it rallied. You poked everyday, you would say "this is it!"...... Even before you called out, I said a broken clock will be right once. :lol:

p.s: I also realize that we are 0.2% lower right now than where you called bottom on Nov. 7th. So, I regret saying that you called bottom 0.5% lower. ;)

Edited by DrSP, 20 November 2012 - 08:50 PM.

You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#19 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Let's be objective, Techman, not subjective. http://www.traders-t...?...st&p=637478

You poked at the bottom call for almost 6 sessions before it rallied. You poked everyday, you would say "this is it!"...... Even before you called out, I said a broken clock will be right once. :lol:

Why is it so important to you that I'm 100% right all the time? It's not important to me at all. I report, you decide. If you don't like my commentaries, don't read them. What's with the obsession?

I don't even feel necessary to waste my time to get into the explanations at all. You take it anyway you want. I don't care.

I'm assuming you're still "sitting on" cash.

Edited by TechMan, 20 November 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#20 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Why is it so important to you that I'm 100% right all the time? It's not important to me at all. I report, you decide. If you don't like my commentaries, don't read them. What's with the obsession?

You started this thread with "since my bottom call.....", I wanted to say which bottom call, what bottom call.....? That is all.