MARKET THOUGHTS ...

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

I don't see the NYMO having any superior benefit over most other indicators.

An absolutely astounding statement given the consistency in forecasting that this tool provides.

BTW...we had our 5th consecutive small point change on the NYSE breadth RA MCO today.

One things for sure, we're going to have a whopper of a move once this tension on the tape is released.

Oh, and the CCI measures the variation of a chart's price from its statistical mean...pretty much a waste of time if you apply it to the MCO as there is no basis to compare such information.

NYMO is going up or down until it doesn't, very few times does it make a choppy/divergent turn.

I can't even find the words of shocked amazement at this statement. It's like you just started doing this yesterday.

If you think NYMO is that great, start calling the market eod and let us be the judge.

I have for many years...and do so today only for subscribers.

Again there is an absolute TON of transcripts and posts at Technical Watch for your review where you can play judge and jury if you want to put in the effort.

Fib

I thought your chats were only twice per week ? If you want subscribers, the best way is to throw out a few good calls for free now and then.

Edited by CLK, 10 December 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#62 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

If you want subscribers, the best way is to throw out a few good calls for free now and then.

I have many times, and you evidently didn't find it worth your time.

I even did a two day event here at Traders Talk last year!

But after this latest exchange, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find any benefit to it.

Besides, I'm not actively fishing for subscribers.

Everything is there for your review at Technical Watch...you can start there.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#63 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Fib, I try to keep T.A. simple, the actual trading takes most of the energy. Your method has merit, but it's a lot of work looking at all the sector McLellans and diciphering all of that. The most valuable method a trader has is experience, being able to look at price and evaluate how it is acting according to the recent news, whether to fade it or not, knowing when not to trade, many days have no opportunity for long options trades, watching how price reacts to support and resistance. These days I look for 20-40 point set ups in individual stocks, indexes are ok, but often just churn, barely keeping up with Theta.

#64 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Fib,

I try to keep T.A. simple, the actual trading takes most of the energy. Your method
has merit, but it's a lot of work looking at all the sector McLellans and diciphering all of that.

The most valuable method a trader has is experience, being able to look at price and evaluate
how it is acting according to the recent news, whether to fade it or not, knowing when not to trade,
many days have no opportunity for long options trades, watching how price reacts to support and resistance.

These days I look for 20-40 point set ups in individual stocks, indexes are ok, but often just churn, barely keeping up
with Theta.

I finally slogged through this thead and I don't have much to say that I haven't said a few hundred times before.

But as for keeping TA simple, here's an especially good discussion in a thread I bookmarked from October of 2009 that's pretty much DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN. ;) As far as good calls go, it's worth reading all the way through.

CLK, if I may ask, what individual stocks are you looking at for 20-40 point set ups? By any chance have you taken a look at any of THESE?

P.S. One thing I haven't said before -- wonder of wonders for a poster on Traders-Talk, Claire actually appears to be...SANE!.

Edited by diogenes227, 10 December 2012 - 09:37 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#65 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

MCO is an OSCILLATOR and not a trending indicator...it will oscillate in a trending or a rangebound market...

Rest...I haven't had such potent stuff yet...but man I would like to have what u taking.....

:lol:

This is a fun thread. I bookmarked just so that I can have a hard laugh when I am really down. Oh man, legendary stuff to Lol. :lol: Esepcially the earth and the rocket part!
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#66 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Your method has merit, but it's a lot of work looking at all the sector McClellan and deciphering all of that.

Actually, it is by far the easiest way to know EXACTLY where you are at any given time and what to expect just on a cursory basis...one glance and you're pretty much set for the next trading day without having to look at anything else out there. But like everything in life, you have to work with it for a bit before you fully grasp the uniqueness of what you're working with. For me, it's ongoing...now in year 40.

Especially the earth and the rocket part!

Yup...way above your pay level at this point, to be sure.

But the best thing about it is that one day it will all of sudden hit you on how wonderfully simple it all can be and kick yourself for letting your patronizing attitude get in the way of making some serious money with very little effort...or maybe not. It's up to you.

But as for keeping TA simple, here's an especially good discussion in a thread I bookmarked from October of 2009 that's pretty much DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN. wink.gif As far as good calls go, it's worth reading all the way through.

Yes, I tried to direct my opponents to this thread back at post 36...none of them read it as you can plainly see by the ensuing posts that came right after. All they want is something for nothing. Sorry, Fibby don't play that.

Oh, and by the way, Andrion: we'll take your lack of response in post 58 as "nolo contendere" and thank you for your refreshing candor.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 10 December 2012 - 11:11 PM.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#67 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Fib,

I try to keep T.A. simple, the actual trading takes most of the energy. Your method
has merit, but it's a lot of work looking at all the sector McLellans and diciphering all of that.

The most valuable method a trader has is experience, being able to look at price and evaluate
how it is acting according to the recent news, whether to fade it or not, knowing when not to trade,
many days have no opportunity for long options trades, watching how price reacts to support and resistance.

These days I look for 20-40 point set ups in individual stocks, indexes are ok, but often just churn, barely keeping up
with Theta.

I finally slogged through this thead and I don't have much to say that I haven't said a few hundred times before.

But as for keeping TA simple, here's an especially good discussion in a thread I bookmarked from October of 2009 that's pretty much DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN. ;) As far as good calls go, it's worth reading all the way through.

CLK, if I may ask, what individual stocks are you looking at for 20-40 point set ups? By any chance have you taken a look at any of THESE?

P.S. One thing I haven't said before -- wonder of wonders for a poster on Traders-Talk, Claire actually appears to be...SANE!.

All that 09 post tells me is how to interpret context, I know how to do that, but that can't prevent me from making a losing trade on a weekly or front month
trade that I'm expecting to be in only a few days or week, maybe if I had hourly summations. I have to be able to avoid consolidations too.

#68 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Yup...way above your pay level at this point, to be sure.

Fib, It is not just me. It is everyone else (BTW, all of us are much more successful than without using your "methods") vs you. On this thread alone, you abused great traders like Dev, andiron etc. In other threads, you do the same with others. You keep fighting with everybody just to prove your point. There is no merit in your arguement, neither does your performance stack up to what you are talking.

So far I have not made specific references to your calls vs performance. I have only argued via means of breadth. But, now you are talking stuff like my pay level. Hence, I need to step in.

If I put your calls vs performance on paper , you would n't be talking this. Just to give you an example, on Jun 15th of this year, you were still crying for a bottom staying short. Don't deny that, because if you will, I will produce proof. I can pull up stats to show how your public calls are worse. As per what happens at your "chat/ forum", we have no idea what happens there. We do not need to know. We only base our judgement based on your calls in public, right here on this message board. I don't have to audit your performance at your forum. Don't tell me that I have to come to your forum. If you are talking here, I will judge your performance based on what you post here. You, me and everyone else are participating here and I am right to talk my view based on your calls right here.

If you go on talking about your "breadth analysis", that is fine. We don't interfere. But, if you abuse everyone else that we know nothing, that's when we will talk about performance on your calls. To be honest, it is you who complicated this thread on which Dev posted. You created issue with what Dev posted.

Also, it is not like you mind your own business. you tried to trash talk my AAPL calls on this forum last week. For every single hour, I correctly predicted every violent move that the pyscho AAPL made last week including the breakdown and then last week's bottom while you still were "at support at $572". And I posted in real time. But, you still had to trash talk there because like I said in that thread, you are jealous that you are wrong. Hence, you have to face the music when you are wrong now.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#69 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

Fibquote

.....But like everything in life, you have to work with it for a bit before you fully grasp the uniqueness of what you're working with. For me, it's ongoing...now in year 40......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so here you have made the point for all of us. It is what it is....
Hope you have enlightenment in year 100...

Best Wishes..

#70 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Just to give you an example, on Jun 15th of this year, you were still crying for a bottom staying short. Don't deny that, because if you will, I will produce proof.

OK...I CHALLENGE you to produce the proof. Good luck on that because from May 27th to July 19th I made zero posts on this board.

I can pull up stats to show how your public calls are worse.

I again CHALLENGE you to make the effort. Do make sure that you produce the entire thread when you do so that it can be referenced in its context.

We only base our judgement based on your calls in public, right here on this message board.

That will be difficult to do since I rarely, if ever, make public calls of any degree on this board. I only give guidelines.

Don't tell me that I have to come to your forum.

I didn't tell you anything...I only mentioned that the track record is there for anyone who wishes to review it. If there are any questions after reviewing the information, or not, all you need to do is ask...I'm more than willing to respond in kind.

We don't interfere

No, you just interject the occasional jab in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter but is made to ridicule.

You, me and everyone else are participating here and I am right to talk my view based on your calls right here.

Absolutely agree as long as it isn't "truthfully challenged" or flippant in its content.

But, if you abuse everyone else that we know nothing, that's when we will talk about performance on your calls.

No, you push, I push back. I don't actively seek you out and begin a pissing contest. Take post 33 in this thread as an example. If you're going to dish it out, you'll just have to learn to take it as well. Drive by posts on performance issues only hurt the character of the poster and produce nothing in the learning process.

You created issue with what Dev posted.

No, I created a observation that is consistent theme when all the willing and unwilling traders begin to give up on their craft. We heard the same thing in the spring of 2000 and the summer of 2007 before the final tops were seen in the market. It was a sentiment indicator if one was able to put aside their "feelings". With Dev's experience, I was trying to point this out to him. I mentioned this in post 48...I guess you missed that too.

For every single hour, I correctly predicted every violent move that the psycho AAPL made last week including the breakdown and then last week's bottom while you still were "at support at $572".

Every single HOUR? Really? Besides the fact that my post was to Bob where we had both volume and EMA support on the stock (in which you, nor Bob, asked for a clarification of why I would make such a comment) and that it took a rumor about Apple having to deal with some accounting rules mumbo jumbo that broke the back of this same support to the largest one day decline in some time. Heck, even Andiron agreed with me (gasp) in post 4 in that very same thread and I don't see you questioning him on the subject. Anyway, this still doesn't take away from the technical merit of the post, and in fact, the cracking of this same 3 way support led directly to the one day debacle in the stock similar to that of a dam breaking. Oh, and if you could direct me to multitude of posts that you provided in relation to the weekly option's chart of AAPL (I can only remember 3, at most), I would like to see them (by the way, don't you still owe us a chart from last Friday's weekly expiration on this same subject where it was "just the beginning"?).

In closing, I must say I'm impressed at the effort that you've put in your posts to me within this thread. If only you could take this same desire in a more constructive manner, you might get a lot more out of this fine forum, and we would from you as well.

Meanwhile, as of this writing, market prices continue to move higher just as the McClellan's have been predicting for the last 3 weeks. Not bad for a couple of tools that have no real merit in forecasting and are made to look to having no redeeming benefit by those who have never given themselves the opportunity to know otherwise.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 11 December 2012 - 09:50 AM.