Another Day another Massacre

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#11 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Why is it that the US has 10 times per capita at least more prisoners in jail than other Western Democracies.

In some cases it is 100 times.

Something is seriously wrong with both the justice system and crime control.

When 1 in 150 people in the US is incarcerated, something is very wrong.

Yes there is something very wrong...decades of the left's destruction of the lower class and poor family stability through policies that drove fathers out of the home and ENCOURAGE not working.

The US has evolved into a society that has whole areas -- ALL run by the left -- where there is acquiescence to crime, drugs, kids on the street running drugs and killing each other....drugs gangs are now the "family" for these kids. High crime leads to high incarceration.

Cities like Chicago which have more shootings and murder in a month than complete states have in ayear (like Arizona) -- in Chicago having ANY kind of gun is completely illegal.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#12 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Oh dear

A case of how to make statistics work for you.

How about:-

Australia: 22 Million People, Gun Control, 19 Gun Deaths — Arizona: No Gun Control, 6.5 Million People, 323 Gun Deaths

That 57:1 in Arizona alone compared to Australia.

It is NOT about statistics. You seem to be stuck on Arizona. But you clearly have NO clue as to WHY.

Arizona is a border state that has been invaded by drug cartels from Mexico. It is the center of cartel drug distribution operations in the US, with armies of criminals who will and do kill to protect their operations on both sides of the border. Along with large operations there are countless small drug and smuggling operations that feed of the the large outfits.

So sit back, and soak in the lies -- and propaganda -- that the left disseminates... including the bulk of the American press.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#13 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

:o

What makes America’s gun culture totally unique in the world, in four charts

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#14 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

diogenes It would be interesting to see what sort of weapons as well. Obviously semi automatics with large clips etc are more damaging than those with lesser potential for destruction. No one measure will cure the US overnight. The US was born paranoid about its government seeking to enslave the people and still is. If you take a nation at the other end of the spectrum, like Japan, there is no paranoia. And they haven't been enslaved. Ghandi in India proved people without weapons can still win over those in control. It takes courage not necessarily weapons.

Edited by voltaire, 15 December 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#15 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Lanza's mother a school teacher and father a vice president of GE. Did you know that children of brilliant parents are much more likely to have mental problems. The difference between genius and madness is not much.

#16 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Drownings Are A Leading Cause Of Child Death

http://www.medicalne...cles/245913.php
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

My generation grew up with guns everywhere; kids in the Scouts would even take their guns to the school Gun Club.
We didn't see one massacre after another.
So you tell me: what's different now?

Could it be the removal of fear of a Higher Power that must be answered to?
Could it possibly be the culture of violence where, since the late 1960's murder is glorified in entertainment and now graphic video games?
Harvey Weinstein, Quentin Tarantino, et al, sure make graphic, wanton murder look fun.
How are some children affected by a steady diet of Chainsaw Massacre, Kill Bill, Halloween, Reservior Dogs, Grindhouse, Pulp Fiction?
We will never ban such movies but we will praise and worship these movie makers and give them awards for their genius
AS SCHOOL CHILDREN IMITATE THE BLOODY SCENES.

So is it really the same guns that didn't cause these problems until this generation? Try to think.

30 most violent movies ENJOY!
The Wild Bunch (1969)
The Violence: Just watch the bullets fly during the film’s infamously bloody finale, when the eponymous bunch bring down swathes of Mexican soldiers
– and barely even blink an eye. (That sounds familiar)

Natural Born Killers (1994)
The Movie: Oliver Stone’s divisive satire following husband-and-wife team Mickey Knox (Woody Harrelson) and Mallory (Juliette Lewis).
They’re turned into stars by the media as their thrill-seeking ways – they like to kill people – become an international sensation.
(In the movie script and real life.)
The Violence: Sexual assault, bottles in faces, mass murder – Natural Born Killers really lives up to its title. Its shocking opening is the clincher; Mickey and Mallory play eeny, meeny, miny, moe, burying bullets in the customers of a roadside diner.

Rambo (2008)
The Violence: The last 20 minutes are a blizzard of super-violent activity. Beheadings, bodies torn asunder by a turret, and then – best of all – Sly clawing out a guy’s intestines.

Total Recall (1990)
The Violence: Arnie cuts his way through 77 people in the movie, which is surely some sort of movie death record.

Saw VI (2009)
The Violence: “This movie is a lot more violent than the previous five”

Jason X (2001)
The Violence: Jason deadens a total of 25 people, easily trumping every other Friday The 13th movie

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 December 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#18 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

My generation grew up with guns everywhere; kids in the Scouts would even take their guns to the school Gun Club.
We didn't see one massacre after another.

Roger -- don't forget video games.

One other point --- LEGALLY owned guns account for about 8/10 thousandths of all gun murders.

ALSO, to repeat, cities like Chicago have the most shootings and gun deaths in the US and guns are totally banned...where gun violence is the worst, gun laws are the strictest.

I focus on the people, others want to blame the guns.

Edited by *JB*, 16 December 2012 - 01:08 PM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"

#19 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I can't find an earlier thread where I stated that these crimes will increase in scale and frequency.

Your racism is showing here. Proportionally, more black children are murdered then white. Yet, no post about it.

http://www.bvblacksp...-in-california/

Don't forget black males.

http://www.suntimes....r-stadiums.html

Where is the outrage for this genocide.

Spot on!!

There is a genocide taking place with blacks killing blacks. Beside dozens of shootings of gang members by other gangs often in just a weekend, little babies are shot and killed regularly on the South Side of Chicago. NO serious attention is paid to this by the LEFTISTS/LIBERAL press (conservate media deals with it regularly), government, or Black leaders...including Obama who is from Chicago.

The only ones I see paying attention and decrying the carnage are (mostly white) conservatives who watch in disbelief that so little is being done by the leftist Chicago politicos and the feds. No president, including Obama, has ever gone to Chicago, Detroit, Gary, etc. etc. to attend memorial services for all the little ones killed -- caught in the cross fire.

ALL killing is evil, but the left seems to ignore it when it is about urban blacks. We get non-stop coverage and outcry 24/7 when it is in white communities. I thought we fought the civil rights war to get equality for all races.
"Don't think...LOOK!"

#20 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Roger -- don't forget video games.

Could it possibly be the culture of violence where, since the late 1960's murder is glorified in entertainment and now graphic video games?

My 7 year old grandson says he wants to be a police officer like his dad, so I was shocked to see him playing Grand Theft Auto where you get points for stealing cars and killing cops!
I banned the game from my home and my daughter got the hint that it was not cool and has finally put her foot down.
But it's "Just Pretend" graphic violence, a lot like Natural Born Killers.
Maybe we need someone to set the example.

Sadly the President's speech tonight forgot to mention the violent entertainment industry and the cultural damage being inflicted on our children.
But I think Harvey Weinstein is a huge contributor.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 December 2012 - 09:33 PM.