Concierge Medicine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

How will Warren Buffett avoid the long lines of peons wating for an appointment?

The AMA restricts "supply" - people interested in becoming physicians

Watch the PBS News Hour segment above on "concierge medicine," featuring Texas doctor Raymond Solis who recently converted his 21-year-old traditional medical practice of 3,000 patients to a concierge-based practice serving just 400 patients. Dr. Solis changed his business model with the assistance of national medical consulting firm MDVIP, which helps doctors switch from traditional, "conveyor belt" medicine to concierge practices, and go from patient loads of 2,500 to 3,000 down to 400 to 600.

For about $1,500 a year, patients can join a MDVIP concierge practice and be assured of personal attention and more face time with the doctor. Monthly fees run about $150 per month, which allows most patients to get same-day appointments that last 30 minutes or longer. Most MDVIP doctors accept insurance.

http://mjperry.blogs...-concierge.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

Giant, bloated government not particularly good at anything, so free market steps in using technology to provide high quality health care. This is a great sign:

Amazon, JPMorgan, Berkshire create new company to tackle health care costs 

http://www.chicagotr...-story,amp.html

-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

stocks,

Are you a Russian bot?

I'm asking because everything you post here is pretty much, as described in the news, typical Russia- bot activities and attacks.

I'm beginning to think a verification is needed to see if you are human but since we don't have that on Traders-Talk maybe if you replied to this with a statement like "No, I do not work for the Russian Government nor any other foreign power seeking to undermine and destroy American democracy" would suffice.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

stocks,

Are you a Russian bot?

I'm asking because everything you post here is pretty much, as described in the news, typical Russia- bot activities and attacks.

I'm beginning to think a verification is needed to see if you are human but since we don't have that on Traders-Talk maybe if you replied to this with a statement like "No, I do not work for the Russian Government nor any other foreign power seeking to undermine and destroy American democracy" would suffice.

message sent to OEXCHAOS

-- -

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:33 AM

stocks,

Are you a Russian bot?

message sent to OEXCHAOS

Thanks for passing it along, I guess.

Not sure if that response is a response or a desperation move by Kremlin sockpuppets  (See HERE) to distract from the central question: Are you now or have your ever been a Russian bot?

tongue.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

stocks,

Are you a Russian bot?

Flagged as objectionable content

-- -

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

stocks,

Are you a Russian bot?

Flagged as objectionable content

stocks,

The right answer to the question is "No" but how come you don't know that?

Edited by diogenes227, 05 February 2018 - 08:53 AM.